1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #11 - Black and Gold

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Dec 11, 2016.

1. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Made some time tonight

Boabmatic - 1.25.794 -X1

Attached Files:

2. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I forget, are you using a controller or wheel? Try these settings.. Let me know what you think. Car feels a lot more stable and quick to me. You just gotta feather the gas through the second right because it drops off a little just when you're getting on the throttle (anybody else noticing that?)

Engine limiter 10
    Brake Bias 55
    Fuel 5
    Front wing 6
    Rear wing 8
    Final Ratio 4.111
    Tyre compound soft
    Pressure 19,19,18,18
    Height 1,1,1,1 (yes 1 each)
    Springs 20,20,70,70

Everything not mentioned is whatever it is set to, stock..

I find this set up to feel really good for me..

CtrlAltDeLaet, paul_wev and Hammerpgh like this.
  3. Pinfarnia

Pinfarnia Rookie

image.jpeg
    1.21.354 ps4 t500

4. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Just managed to sneak on for 15 minutes this morning before work and tried a click lower on the rear wing and with the final gear ratio one click down. Felt better immediately and would have beaten my best time on my first lap but for making a mess up of the final fast left-hander.. I didn't take account of the greater understeer through there with the lower wing and ran onto the grass. Anyway, only a couple of more laps and I was 2/tenths better so almost into the 1:23's.

1:24.080 and that was with a big oversteer moment into the penultimate right-hander so reckon that cost me around 3/tenths. If I don't get into the 23's next time out i'll eat my hat for Christmas dinner ;)
    20161215_080201.jpg
    Xbox
    Thrustmaster Italia 458 TX
    Engine limiter 12
    Fuel 5
    Rear wing 5
    Soft slicks
    one click to the left on the final drive ratio
    Everything else as standard.

5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I think we will be needing video proof of that one...

Snowman38 and Hammerpgh like this.
  6. Hammerpgh

Quick off topic question.. has anybody here on Xbox been able to successfully save setups with the new update? I'm still not able to so just wondering if it's still a common problem.

7. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Is that the second right hander? I can't tell you how many times I've been right on my ghost, and gave it just a little too much over that tiny crest, then BAM! Gone! And there goes my ghost while I spin through the grass.
    It's actually really fun, trying to find that edge.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I'm using the pad. No space for a racing rig. I'll try your settings tonight. Thanks

9. JIJDAN

JIJDAN Racer

No, the update made it worse.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  10. OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06 Simracer

It gets pretty frustrating for us XB1 users (will go PC next console update) who can't save setups, especially for this car. Every time I turn the game on, I have to spend 20 mins. inputting numbers. On the flip, I love this combo! Can't wait to be more comfortable with the rotation and finding that balance between desired rotation and undesirable oversteer.

LeDude83 and Hammerpgh like this.
  11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

So as it looks like it is only myself and @Hammerpgh that haven't stumped up the cash for PDLC I would say these cars are now fair game to be included in the WHC.

I will capitulate and make the buy before the weekend...

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's indeed a tricky one...as you're right at the apex you must put the steering straight and feed in the throttle - simultaneously and also pretty quick. From that point on you're pretty much passenger and can only hope to have gotten it right :p

It's fun and very rewarding if you get it right.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  13. Hammerpgh

It was the fourth one on that lap... the one before the fast left-hander leading onto the final straight. I just got it slightly wrong and the backend started coming round on me so I had to have a quick dab on the brakes to hold it and then get gently back on the throttle to carry it round the corner.

14. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Club Corner. I find braking late in a straight line, turn in late and drive through the apex trying to straight line the exit as much as possible. Because you cant see the apex and it's either perfect or you're in the wall on the inside its so easy to lose 2/3 tenths in that one corner.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Hammerpgh likes this.
  15. Hammerpgh

Definitely the main bugbear for me.. like you I like spending the bulk of my time on track so I invariably end up not going too deeply into the setups until this problem is resolved. Hopefully the next update does the trick.

Strange that both of pCars and AC with their being more sim oriented than we have had before have problems making setups so difficult. You have pCars that can only save one setup per car and AC none at all :confused:

16. Hammerpgh

Yep, thats the one.. couldn't agree more

17. Hammerpgh

@OctoberDusk06 does not have it either.. but happy enough for it to be included myself as I will stump up for it asap :)

18. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Squeaked into the 22's with a 1:22:936. Seem to be going round in circles with set up on this one....Xbox, tx wheel

IMG_1343.JPG

19. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Run number two, 1:23.277.

20161214_211706.jpg

20. Hammerpgh

Well my hat is safe for another year. Couldn't resist another quick attempt before settling down for some F1 practice.. now at 1:23.560
    20161215_182249.jpg
    Xbox
    Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 TX