1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #12 - The Green Hell

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

It isn't possible to adjust the brake balance on this car ;)

Edit...

IMG_6388.PNG

After some digging, alignment settings from the sport auto test to try, note they will need converting to decimal I think...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I don't know if this could have anything to do with it.. But even at regular speed (x1) i've felt as though watching the car round the track from the tv cameras, seems a little fast. As if, even though it says it's regular 1 x speed, it's just very slightly faster than what it should be.

This is just a thought. I've never thought about the implications of this until your post.. but I have thought the replays look a little fast.

Only way to test this would be to stopwatch your lap, then stopwatch the replay of said lap.

Let us know what happens :)

OH... AND I'M ALSO ON PS4

flyingcarrot likes this.
  3. Snowman38

also, translation lol

4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Google translate app is awesome ;)

Snowman38 likes this.
  5. Snowman38

Sofern Sie nicht perfekt Deutsch sprechen. Was ich nicht!
    Deshalb vielen Dank für die Hilfe bei der Zusammenstellung dieser Nachricht.
    Laut auflachen!
    :cool:

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

My PC time 7:51.194, (to add to the X1 time I posted yesterday) Oculus Rift & TX 458 screenshot taken from within Rift so it's not the best quality. I'm still about 5 seconds a lap faster on the PC vs Xbox One and it is much easier to be consistent on the PC too. Confidence to hold the higher speeds in the faster sections seems to be my problem with the Carrera S.

[​IMG]

7. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Everything is on normal speed .
    Luckily I still had the latest recording on PS4 so I've watching it back and recorded the laptime manual with my stopwatch/ cronometer on my phone
    and the result is the same 7:16.500 .
    Conclusion for me is that Assetto Corsa doesn't represent the real time of a laptime as real life time at least on the Nordschleife with the Porsche 911 Carrera S .

Sad to know I think .

Hammerpgh likes this.
  8. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Going to test this out myself next time I get on track. That's worrying if it is indeed the case.

I still think you need to test it by timing a real time lap rather than a recording though as I'm not convinced the recordings aren't slightly fast. It would only need to be by abt 5 or 6/ hundredths per second to make that difference that you are seeing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

The only reason I can think of now is when playstation 4 record are lap there is than a way to cut a part of the recorded lap and this could give perhaps the problem I'm not sure yet .
    I must say I just watched a older laptime (versie 1.03 Assetto corsa ) on Black Cat County with the Ferrari FXX K and there the laptime correspond with my stopwatch time so like I said it could be because of the cutting in the Playstation4 recorded lap .
    When I do another lap this evening i wont cut it like I normaly do but leave it as it is to see that perhaps the problem lies there who know .
    all be back with some new info about this .

10. Snowman38

This is what I was suggesting.. That the actually lap time may be legit, but the REPLAY (even though stating it's playing at 1:1 speed) is slighty boosted.

svenvangent likes this.
  11. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Compression of the replay or something perhaps??
    Intrigued by this myself, have a replay saved on ps so will time it myself too.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  12. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Yep same thing I suggested this morning. I'll definitely manually record a lap later though just to check it out out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

It is something to do with the replay, I am just clipping another run up, the realtime gameplay clip is 8:07, the replay clip is 7:38...

Enough of this now, move along ;)

Kembro and Hammerpgh like this.
  14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

7:44.501

Carmine Red, Personal goal of breaking 7:45 completed :D

Include realtime gameplay and a replay clip so those so inclined can satisfy their curiosity about time difference ;)

15. Snowman38

correct me if I'm wrong.. that replay lap works out to 7:16....

16. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Very"dirty" lap but still manage to get that great time.

I'm shifting on 7k and you as I can see shift on 7200/7300, doesn't it make any difference in term of being faser or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Lap starts at 17s in the video, I did some hard maths (7:44+0:17), jumped to 8:01 on the timeline and Graveltrap was crossing the start/finish line. So everything is OK.
    But then replay starts at 8:26 so with hard maths again (15:42-8:26) it gives 7:16 in which you did a 7:44 lap. Something is off with the replay on consoles/PS4 then, but the gameplay (judging from the above video) is fine. And it's clearly visible in the first seconds that it is/looks like sped up in comparison to the real time video.

Anyway, I think those with recorded two videos like above should open a proper bug report. Either on the forum or send an email to 505 like they advise in various threads in the console section.

Ace Pumpkin and Snowman38 like this.
  18. Snowman38

Oh sorry I see what you were saying now... I thought you were suggesting that HE was giving the fast forward button a slight touch (which isn't possible in this game, unlike PCars.. which is a great and fun little tool during replays btw)

So yes, it seems as though we are correct and the replay system is giving the playback a bit of a boost for some odd reason. Lol, this game...

19. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Ok found the problem ...
    This happens when you use the cut option on PS4 .
    Glad the issue lies there .
    So guy's back to business :p:cool:

Kembro, Ace Pumpkin and Graveltrap like this.
  20. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

While testing I did a little improvement to you know..two in one .
    PS4
    T300 RS
    LT : 7:45.353
    Nurby Porsche 911 Carrera S.jpg

ElPueblo and Kembro like this.