1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #14 - Gran Turismo Alleggerita

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Jan 8, 2017.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

It will be more competitive indeed bcoz ppl will not having "problems"adjusting the car, in the heat of frustration ask for a proper setup which so far only one provide it (it's you I think my
    Man) so...and on the end it will come purely to the driver and how to master the car, nothing more nothing less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Skill which 95% don't have here, just put your personal skill aside and think of my suggestion just as a more close and intense racing were everyone have the same Tool to work with.

Only one person provide tune for the car which obviously helped a lot here, (I borrow only the hight of the car), + you first didt share your setup so please don't talk about sharing setups

It's just an suggestion not need to be hostile...

3. Hermanlol

Hermanlol Gamer

We need private lobbies to setup a server with weekly hotlap ;)

paul_wev likes this.
  4. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Usually i am against the use of setup make by others because i m proud for reach a target only with my forces, but sharing that setup have clearly ruined all the competition ahahah :D, anyway nice job @OriginalR6kid ;), i was lowering very much the GTA but my initial wrong impression on the handling have stopped me to try other extreme things :D

Pc-Dualshock 4- 1:02:353

[​IMG]

5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Maybe we should force everyone to use a pad for a week as well?

Fixed setups will not happen in any thread I open, it is that simple. It is a big part of racing so it should be a big part of these challenges as well...

6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

It was only a suggestion. The gap on the leaderboard is immense though. Maybe tighten it down will just improve the competition

7. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Getting rid of setups is a silly idea.

Now I'm sure the guys at the back like me as well as being worse drivers than the top guys also don't know much about setting the car up. So there are two things I have to do to get better, practise more driving and learn how to setup the car. There is loads of info available on the internet, I found this one quite useful: http://www.paradigmshiftracing.com/racing-basics/step-by-step-race-car-setup-guide and there is loads of info here: http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html

8. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Thing is though the fast guys will always be faster fixed setup won't change that, we've ran cars with barely any setup options and still the cream rises to the top..
    Just my opinion..

AndyB16, Fab85 and Graveltrap like this.
  9. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

I am agree no problem ;)

10. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

Using the challenge at black cat county as an example,there wasnt much to adjust on the Ferrari,yet there were still massive gaps through the field.
    You also managed to make a massive 3 second improvement within 24hrs that most of us couldn't get anywhere near.

11. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

For faster maybe not but for the not so fast it will. Just an suggestion y'all refused it-fine by me

Did under 02 last. Ihr but when I enter the pit I forgot to take a pic

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

True that bro. For my exuse I really love fast cars (hyper one), that's were I shine. Slow cars are really a paint in my but tbh. This challenge as well, I just can't be fast as the rest of the field-how?! I dunno. I need just pure power, speed, downforce

Porsche was in the middle I got the fright feel for the car like three hours be4 the challenge ended and I was like 1.5/2 sec faster but could bring it home.

So my cars are the fast ones those slow ones are really a damn challenge for me :D

13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

The main reason why fixed setups is a bad idea, is that you have no way to check that. Unless you would set a condition that every entry needs a video that starts from scrolling through the setup screen and then going for a drive.
    And like others said, it won't make someone who was 5s slower, magically faster than that guy in front. It will close the gap, but still faster guys will be faster and slower ones will stay slower. Been there done that, those guys that were faster than me on normal servers were faster than me on servers with fixed setup as well.

If someone is several seconds slower, he needs to put time in doing more laps, not tinkering with the setup. Watching a replay of one of the faster guys will help him more, than his setup.
    All in all it's all just for fun, so there's no point of being too serious about it. Just my 0.02$.

Wish I could have more time, so I could try to make it to 3rd step and secure the whole podium for ALOOG again. ;)

14. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

I've shared my setup anytime someone has asked. I have not shared a setup this week because I would look properly dumb sharing a setup for a car I have not driven.

It's impossible to police, and as someone that does make setups I really enjoy spending around a week dialing in a good setup. I'm happy with the way it is.

MartyBook, paul_wev and iwanchek like this.
  15. J3r0m

J3r0m Gamer

1:04.655
    X1. TX with originalr6kid setup.

Attached Files:

16. murfo

murfo Hardcore Simmer

Nice selection this week, very enjoyable!

Was barely getting into the 04's before trying OriginalR6kid's setup, much appreciated!

1:02.362
    PS4
    G29

[​IMG]

Sent from my Xperia Z5 using Tapatalk

Kembro, Tomcul, Graveltrap and 2 others like this.
  17. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I am no techie, my first PC build was scary! Had no clue what I was doing, spending money on something I had no clue what I was getting!! I completely understand. Hell man once you take the plunge ( I am still not too clued up about it today!) but somewhat at ease! There is sooooo much out there on the internet to guide you through the process. the biggest thing you need to do is balance the complete rocket science geek stuff with the " this is impossible" first timer worries!
    My Current build still has a few elements of the first build. What I have today is an evolution of that first build. What really turned me into a PC guy was when Forza 4 was moving to Forza 5 and needing the XboxOne at the same time that I wanted /needed to go to a wheel and my PC at the time was getting a bit long in the tooth!!!! A lot of money, in the end I went with a PC upgrade, wheel and the little known sim "AC" under early access, I have never looked back. The Xbox 360 has not retired! it still gets used (not anything like the Forza 4 days) on "Just Dance" but a bit of tech still living. Well this experience has got me to try things I certainly would not venture with even if a flame was put under my foot. This is my last project [​IMG]
    Next is a hand brake and sequential stick shifter combo, with a future full pedal set with load cell on the to do list.. Never forgetting where I came from at one stage over the years the "Console" hell man I played on the Atari and the PC tech at the time the Sinclair ZX80

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    paul_wev and OriginalR6kid like this.
  18. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

So I really get pissed off when the some of the console clan get irate with the PC guys calling them elitist when in essence they are only trying to help them out.

OriginalR6kid likes this.
  19. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Whaaaaaaaaaat ...... example in the picture yes must be me that is definitely helping someone right :confused:
    picture001.jpg

eSEA One likes this.
  20. Turbocharl

Turbocharl Hardcore Simmer

Only had time for a few laps. Clearly needed a bit more time to be competitive.

1:02.061
    PS4
    Thrustmaster T300

image.jpg

Kembro, Tomcul, Graveltrap and 2 others like this.