1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #38 - Turbo Panzer

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Gtivrsixer

Gtivrsixer Racer

yeah, lol, i figured that when i was looking at the list and it was all the cars that i have driven so far. thanks though

2. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

2:17:542 - BrainsBush- PC (improvement)

217542.jpg

after 650% of invalid laps it is better to stop for a moment before the frustration knocks on the door ;) Switch to Abarth 595SS now...relax and chill for a moment

3. Gtivrsixer

Gtivrsixer Racer

First try was a 2:31.xxx, knew i could do better so here is this one. BTW, whoever drove the real cars had to be insane because this is a genuine monster, the braking points that i would normally use are soooo much further back, holy crap!
    2:27.309
    PC
    TMX

Attached Files:

4. Gtivrsixer

Gtivrsixer Racer

Improvement!
    2:23.831
    PC

****, didnt realize f8 doesnt put the time screen on there. Hope a screen of the after menu will be ok.

Attached Files:

5. rallyesax

rallyesax Simracer

I actually think that the car is braking pretty good. If you look at the speed you reach compared to other race cars and where you actualy brake, it's really good for a car of that period of time. You can really use high speed downforce to hard hit the brakes then release it gently as you aim for the apex.

Cyberdyne systems and StyleF1re like this.
  6. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

2:19.916 / PS4

Assetto Corsa_8.jpg

From earlier in the week. Was supposed to have a proper go at this Saturday, but plans changed and I invited an acquaintance I met the other week over for a go at AC. He's a pretty avid fan of cars and racing games himself and was well-aware of AC, but was humbled by the jump in difficulty and details required to get around the track compared to prior experiences with GT, Forza, Maximum Tune 5, and old F1 games to name a few. Not a bad session for him though having tried a good variety of courses (Nordschliefe, Silverstone, RBR, Imola, Spa, etc.) and cars (tuned Japanese trio, R34, F1 GTR, Porsche 911 RSR, classic Lotus F1 cars, V8 Ferrari F1, Mercedes C9). Even made him attempt this challenge too, but definitely too tall a task for someone playing AC for the first time!

Anyway, you got me this week @Laughing Gravy ! This car's not all that bad outside of maybe 1st and 2nd gear when the boost kicks in. And yeah, other people have mentioned about the car's tendency to understeer and I can definitely attest to that.

And here's a random picture of me standing next to a replica 917 in the local Porsche dealership:

20170701_165922.jpg

Graveltrap, Fab85, Gtivrsixer and 9 others like this.
  7. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Time - 2:13.130 - X1

I was going to stay away til the update came out for the Xbox, but this is my favorite car. Default setup, *edit* rear springs = 104

IMG_2582.JPG

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Graveltrap, Axel Doc, Fab85 and 8 others like this.
  8. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Hi everybody, I've managed to get mods of cars/tracks now, but could anybody please show me how to get other people's setups to my game/car? I would be very grateful. Much appreciated.

T300rs , t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

9. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Hi @paul_wev : first you have to download the app of Mathieu : thesetupmarket.com . Also available via e.g. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-setup-market.121309
    After downloading and unzip/unrarit to the appropriate map (for me it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python) go to the main menu of Assetto Corsa on PC and go via options to general settings. Scroll down to UI modules and be sure you checked the app "setupmarket" .

Installing is complete. Then once you started a race, hotlap in the main screen you hover your cursor to the right so you see all the icons. Search for the new 'setupmarket' button. See screenshot
    After selecting that one you get a new screen with the available setups. Also play around with the extra option for setups : current track, any track, other track for the car you've selected. (white button in the middle of the screenshot)

thesetupmarket.jpg

When you see a setup you get to download that one. cursor over the download on the leftside. From that moment it is downloaded and back via setup of this car you can use/upload the one you just downloaded. Sometimes you have to push the track twice to see the downloaded file.

Hope this helps otherwise feel free to ask. Grtz Brian

paul_wev likes this.
  10. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Many thanks, I'll get to it once I get a bit of family out of the way(lol) and see how I get on.

T300rs , t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

11. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Thanks again, everydays a school day

BrainsBush likes this.
  12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

2:11.291 - Graveltrap - PS4 - Improvement

That will do! :D

13. Axel Doc

Axel Doc Racer

[​IMG]
    Improvement

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

14. Axel Doc

Axel Doc Racer

[​IMG]2.16.213
    Improvement
    Guys is your rsr ok? My rsr says problem with your account

15. cmch15

cmch15 Gamer

Final Improvement - 2:11.860

IMG_20170709_123527.jpg

16. Gtivrsixer

Gtivrsixer Racer

I wish I could get times under 2:20, I'm just not confident enough in this car and haven't mastered trail braking. Does anyone have any tips to try and break the bad habits? I think I've got the fundamentals down, I just need help to push cars to their limit.

Cyberdyne systems likes this.
  17. Axel Doc

Axel Doc Racer

[​IMG]
    Improvement

18. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

2:15.118 - X1

[​IMG]

19. cmch15

cmch15 Gamer

It is a bit of a turd this car. Videos are probably the easiest, as you can see what's going on with the throttle and brake.

If you can handle the rear a little bit loose, it helps break the understeer and you can use the throttle to steer.

Don't just hold full brake on into the corner. Start to gradually ease up pressure on the pedal just before you start to turn. Depending on brake balance you'll spin or just go straight if you have too much pressure.

20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Without seeing what you are doing it is hard to say! I think a lot of people simply try and brake too late, this robs them of corners speed which in turn reduces speed down the next straight.

Find landmarks (braking markers), track furniture, markings, curbs, tyre marks signed etc is the way to improve your braking.

Less boost may well help on corner exit, 80 percent is a great starting point...It will still spin up the tyres though ;)

Cyberdyne systems likes this.