1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #72 - Sweet dreams are made of this

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Mar 18, 2018.

1. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Cool.You're right, you must do everything to protect your little girl.You now need some serious headphones to protect her little ears,if you haven't got any already that is:D

That's no buttkicker it's a full on body slammer.Enjoy:D

olevet, BrainsBush and Lewisxbone like this.
  2. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Saturday,day six...

Neilski took of his monkey suit and worked his way up to the top and now leads this challenge by just 0.022 seconds.We have 3 drivers into the 1.24.7,great stuff right there.

Current Standings:

1- 1.24.767 Neilski- PC
    2- 1.24.789 Graveltrap- PS4
    3- 1.24.790 F1415182235- X1
    4- 1.24.956 Lewisxbone- X1
    5- 1.24.979 Fab85- PC
    6- 1.25.247 the3ws- PS4
    7- 1.25.276 Xherdani- PS4
    8- 1.25.556 Devas2609- X1
    9- 1.25.774 Justray2000- PC
    10- 1.25.788 Alpinefd- PC
    11- 1.25.792 iannixxemakis- PC
    12- 1.26.406 ddsmark- PC
    13- 1.26.463 DonZmeuheu- PS4
    14- 1.27.167 Laughing Gravy- PS4
    15- 1.27.477 gtFOOTw- X1
    16- 1.27.561 Totall Wrytoff- PS4
    17- 1.27.607 olevet- PS4
    18- 1.27.608 lemans86400- PS4
    19- 1.28.489 Paulwev73- PC
    20- 1.29.666 Hugo Catarino- PS4

3. Daniel Perez

Daniel Perez Hardcore Simmer

4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Improvement
    1:24.639 - graveltrap - PS4

Screenie is at the end of the clip, not sure if I have any more time in ththat s one!

5. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

1:25:529 - BrainsBush - PC

If you have MGU in race mode do you have to push any button to enable DRS or so?
    Blue and red is constantly flashing. I think I understand it only works on straights as I read in previous posts

125529.png

Walking on the Thessaloniki boulevard was more relaxing ;)

365gt, Lewisxbone, Neilski and 5 others like this.
  6. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

PS4 1.27.041 slight improvement 20180324_114636.jpg

365gt, Lewisxbone, Neilski and 6 others like this.
  7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I have manually activating DRS, in the few bits of the track that are straight enough. It seems to be disabled when x amount of steering angle is applied.

It may well do things in automatically in race mode but pressing the button forces it to full open, how much affect this has on lap times I haven’t looked into!

8. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1:25.247
    BrainBush, yes you have to manually deploy DRS even in MGU race mode. You don't have to manually deploy the KERS/push to pass. Race mode uses 100% of the available extra power generated by the MGU. Well it does in third gear and above. In first and second gear race mode limits the available power. If you switch on the gears app you will see a blue bar, that's the MGU. You'll notice in first gear it only gives you an extra 5-10% or so, a little bit more in second gear, and 100% in third. So I'm guessing once you are in third gear there's no benefit to be had by pressing the KERS button.

9. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1:24.991
    upload_2018-3-25_19-25-42.jpeg

365gt, Graveltrap, Lewisxbone and 5 others like this.
  10. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

PC Improvement 1:26.329
    Slightly better lap time by using DRS!
    I take all the help I can get!!!;)
    20180325112440_1.jpg

365gt, Graveltrap, Lewisxbone and 7 others like this.
  11. Devas2609

Devas2609 Simracer

Well my new Laptop - for Business arrived - I somehow gave it enough power to play Assetto with it

I set a new Time:
    1:24.799 - PC

Don't know why I'm so much quicker! Is there a difference between the platforms?
    [​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

12. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

;)

Devas2609 likes this.
  13. Devas2609

Devas2609 Simracer

I guess that's a YES

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Neilski and svenvangent like this.
  14. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

They promoted the game for console equally to pc at launch :D

365gt, Lewisxbone and Neilski like this.
  15. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

Who knows, maybe this can shed some light but the fact that AC is running on laptop is pretty amazing. I recall watching video where they said out of all last-gen sims AC is the most optimized and the least power hungry. And it all depends of course, if you want that cutting edge performance, with all bells and whistles you will still need powerful PC.

365gt likes this.
  16. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Faster CPU? Just kidding. I think there is no real noticable difference between console and PC (besides some button mapping, not all functions available on console). With regards to speed, grip, laptimes etc it should be equal
    I used to race both on PS4 and PC for about three months and sometimes I was faster on console and other times on PC with equal setups. I think it was just me and the kind of 'flow or mood' I was in??
    Also just watched parts of the the video posted by @olevet. I think this only goes for racing and not hotlapping? Most of the times we set our laptime in the first three laps. Agree? If there is an actual difference between hotlapping on PC and console then we should figure out a solution to have an equal level playing field. Sven still has to add 2 seconds remember :p

365gt, svenvangent and olevet like this.
  17. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1:24.934
    upload_2018-3-25_21-56-33.jpeg

365gt, Graveltrap, Lewisxbone and 3 others like this.
  18. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Hugo, is there another hour left of the challenge? It ends at 22:00 GMT, doesn't it? The clocks went forward last night, making this British Summer Time. GMT is one hour behind my local time.

19. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I haven't watched the video, but what I can tell you is I am over 1.5 seconds slower on PC. I downloaded AC on steam earlier in the week to see what it is like. To be honest it looks and feels like a completely different game, although the feel is probably due to the fact that I haven't got my wheel set up correctly. I have FFB gain on 100% and the wheel feels a lot lighter than it does on the console.

There are numerous features in the PC version that aren't in the console. Simple things like being able to see all your times in a session and the splits, basic telemetry like brake and throttle trace. There really is no excuse for the features to be missing from console.

Unfortunately my laptop's old onboard graphics card struggles to handle it. The video is a little jerky and blurry, so much so that it gives me a headache after a while. The poor video quality is probably part of the reason I am much slower on PC.

365gt, olevet and svenvangent like this.
  20. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

There shouldn't be any difference, that's what is mood and flow, and set of skills that you posses. Devas was very exited Ac is being ran on laptop and got huge ego boost out of it, plus like you said Sven and Lewis are constantly compete for podium with their PC counterparts like yourself :D