1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #94 - Slow rollercoaster

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Aug 26, 2018.

1. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Hy Lewis
    I had a Thrustmaster T300Rs wheel for years and I loved it. The T300RS and AC soaked me in to SimRacing because of my Love for Motorsports because I never was a serious Gamer. Nevertheless when I upgraded my Setup to Fanatec it was far more than a step upward it was for me really a gamechanger. Yes Fanatec is more expensive but its worth any penny. You Lewis are in my eyes a really good simracer and a serious fast one too so I really recommend you Fanatec. It's not that Fanatec gear will make you faster but you will enjoy your hobby further more. The good thing with Fanatec is their ecosystem so you have so many goodys and can buy your stuff which you want and build your rig in a modular kind of way.

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I have a T500 and CSP V2 pedals, I tried the T500 pedals once and they are nowhere near as nice as the CSP's. A full Fanatec setup would cost a lot but you should see what the price difference is for a standalone Thrustmaster wheel and some Fanatec Clubsport pedals compared to a full Thrustmaster wheel and pedal package. If the difference isn't that great I strongly recommend going down that route instead. I didn't catch your current spec but if you don't have an H shifter then you need that in your life as well :p Unless you will be up/downgrading to ACC in which case you will have no use for an H shifter.

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thank you guys for this information. :)
    very interesting. when i imagine how much fun i have with the thrustmaster pedals and you say fanatec is so much better. wow. :):)
    getting greedy again....:p:p

4. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

O contrary what DhonZmeuheu sad about the Thrustmaster T300 Rs , first thing that was broken after 6 months where the pedals than some time later ........... kaboem the T300 Rs wheel broke .
    For the moment my T500 Rs wheel with pro pedals are working fin after one year more or less just lets hope it stay's in this way .
    This wheel will have to proof me that it still works after 3 years from now on without any problem other wise noooooo Thrusmaster any more .

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Hugo Catarino, 365gt and Lewisxbone like this.
  5. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks for your input guys. Really appreciate your help.

It’s so hard because both wheels have so many good reviews.
    One positive about the Thrustmaster TS-XW is it would fit on my wheel stand pro, then i could just upgrade the pedals later on.

6. Gijon

Gijon Simracer

7. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Than I think it is a no-brainer if the Thrustmaster TS-XW fits on your standing Pro ( and I feel that the Thrustmaster TS-XW is more your choice) go for it.
    Any way Lewis what ever your choice would be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii cccc ssssssss .

8. Fernando007

Fernando007 Racer

Hey Lewis I use Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara with TH8A and Tp3a pedals. While I haven't used the T3pa-pro and I'm sure they are better than T3pa, I quite like the T3pa with the Bodin load cell brake conversion. I've been using them for just over 2 years now without any problems. Of course, you can get the Bodin load cell for the t3pa-pro as well, just more money.

9. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@svenvangent ,if i remember didn't you upgrade to a ps4 pro? Is it that much better than the standard ps4.I've got a 4k tv etc but not sure if i should upgrade t0 a ps4 pro or wait for ps5.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  10. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I started out with a wheel stand pro from gt omega,(is this the one you have?) i know it takes the Fanatec clubsport and CSR pedals so it might take the fanatec gear you'er after.

Hugo Catarino and Lewisxbone like this.
  11. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Yes it is better that is sure , no stuttering any more where I had this with the normal PS4 .
    You have a 4K so if I'm not wrong this would also a better view/looks on your screen .
    The problem for you or not will be if you are gonna wait for PS5 or you shoot a bullet in the sky and buy yourself a PS4 pro .
    For the PS5 I think it will come out 2020 plus another year to have a good choice of games on PS5 so that is another 3 year before the ball rolls well on PS5.
    This is also something to investigate if the PS5 will that much better than the PS4 Pro , this info you can find easily on the internet .

12. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

I swapped from T300 with T3PA pedals to the CSL Elite with CSL+LC brake pedals. Especially the robustness of the pedals are a real upgrade. Not sure if it is because of the pedals or my excellent improved driving skills but now I can get more consistency in my laptimes (yeah yeah it are the pedals ;) )

No experience with the Thrustmaster TS-XW so cannot compare. I like the idea of the possibility of swapping wheels. Sometimes the round CSL wheel and then other times the McLaren GT3 wheel.
    Is that possible with the TS-XW and is this a feature you also want? Otherwise not applicable.

And now I'm thinking of upgrading to Fanatec DD1.....

@365gt Earlier I also upgraded from PS4 to PS4 Pro. Nice actually very nice but at this stage maybe wait a couple of months and we have more info about PS5 and the release date. On the other hand YOLO.
    Does your 4K TV also have HDR? That really looks jaw dropping with games like God of War, FarCry5. And GT Sport in 4k is also a joy for the eyes.

choices, choices

13. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Omfg, for a second I thought that laptime was a 1:47!! :D Phew...
    Amazing lap. You're a gear higher than me at a few corners (some of which I've tried in the higher gear but can't quite make it work reliably).
    How much more time do you reckon is left to be squeezed out of it? ;)

14. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

This is great, it's very nice to come back and see lots of posts of people talking and having fun here :) Turns out there is still some flames to the WHL,very nice to see that :)

Well, F1415182235 is doing the lap of his life (so far) and is leading the challenge.But maybe is video will give others enough feedback to improve...we will see about that! :p

Current Standings

1- 1.48.795 F1415182235- X1
    2- 1.49.110 Neilski- PC
    3- 1.49.353 AB770577- PS4
    4- 1.49.406 svenvangent- PS4
    5- 1.49.816 RS10- PC
    6- 1.49.996 Gijon- X1
    7- 1.50.139 sissydriver- PC
    8- 1.50.431 BrainsBush- PC
    9- 1.50.618 moodyrider- PS4
    10- 1.51.539 Totall Wrytoff- PS4
    11- 1.52.028 Laughing Gravy- PS4
    12- 1.54.189 365gt- PS4

By the way guys, a question!For next week,would you rather have:

- Nordschleife (2 week challenge)
    - A challenge with two similar cars, on the same track (a kind of let's see who's the better car). I have already two cars in mind that we could pit against, but as always sugestions are very open :)

365gt, DonZmeuheu, StyleF1re and 5 others like this.
  15. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

I like both, so I don't want to vote. It's definitely a good idea to have 2 cars on a same track. And maybe even on the Nordschleife :)

16. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

1 car For me please with vanilla and mocha on top of that thank you and keep the change .

17. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

I was heading for a 48.5 yesterday but I messed up. And since I'm usually a second off of those other guys' lap times, I'd say a 47 is doable.

I realized that it's actually better to brush brake entering turn 6 (heading up the hill to the corkscrew) than just lifting off, so that's about a tenth right there.

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

difficult decision. i am nords addicted but two cars are new.
    so please two cars.
    on nords??? ;)

svenvangent, 365gt, StyleF1re and 2 others like this.
  19. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

As far as I'm concerned Hugo, you can never go wrong with the challenge and the majesty of the old north loop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

20. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Another Nordschleife fan here and curious about the two car challenge. Always in for something new (except my wife :oops:)
    Two cars at Nords.

And for those on PC and VR --> have you tried the mirror mod from Ilja? See here
    Everything you see in the rearview mirrors is with depth
    Give it a try and maybe you also like this?
    Only tested it with a single car on track so not much fps impact so far.

And now hop hop to my work.