1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 2.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by John Gordon, Oct 11, 2016.

1. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

It is much better yes, but hoping it can get better still?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tomcul likes this.
  2. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

I turn off stability and I spin all the time - I don't know if it's the wheel (not supported) but high powered rear wheel drives just spin every time on corner exit
    and drive like shopping carts. GT3's with no TC I can't even make it round a corner at all. Don't think it's all down to driver error, although some of it is. Struggling to find the right balance - I don't seem to be able to tune a car to how I want it to behave, it's more a case of tuning it to behave more or less like it is when I start messing. Dunno - bit lost...
    I did read somewhere that my pedals are not very good - could be that......

paul_wev likes this.
  3. Racing393

Racing393 Racer

Here's my first attempt, H pattern and all 3 pedals
    Need lots of practice so at the moment it's a
    1:38.732
    It's a hard beast to tame, need lots and lots of patience

Attached Files:

RoccoTTS, ElPueblo and svenvangent like this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Be smooth on the throttle...
    Or use TC, the RL drivers do ;)

EMW SMILER likes this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Addendum for my last post:
    I see you use a non ffb wheel..., well that's hairy. :)
    You'd be better off with a pad.

paul_wev and EMW SMILER like this.
  6. EMW SMILER

I find the TC 'intrusive' and at lower levels ineffective. For me the solution appears to be SC but I could be wrong. I guess it's just a bit of a steep learning curve:)
    As for the pad ... I bought this wheel and was instantly seconds quicker...
    Better start saving for a grown up one (wheel):)

What I want is one of these....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I would strongly suggest you get a ffb wheel asap. Get a used one on eBay for example. For ~50€ your in the boat. Night and Day difference.

Grand Apeiron and EMW SMILER like this.
  8. EMW SMILER

really that cheap? I paid £80 for this one...... muppet (me)

9. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

Wow... things move along quickly here at the 'John Gordon Weekly Hotlap Challenge'
    love the idea of a junior challenge but please please... PLEASE!! don't let it subtract from the main event, having all levels of ability represented there is what puts meat on its bones and gives it substance!!
    i would suggest we stipulate that in order to compete in the junior event you have to submit a laptime in the main event?
    Also would love it if everybody looking in gets involved and submits their laptime... it will encourage others to do the same and this thing could snowball!!!... (might even nudge 505 games and Kunos in the right direction regarding important elements of gameplay)

anyways here's my first attempt at taming this Ruf arsed beast... hotlap - Copy.JPG

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, these are just entry level wheels. Got my Logitech DrivingForcePro for 50€ there, and it's still working to this day. My G25 was 150€ on eBay, but that was the time everyone wanted to get one over a new G27. :p
    If you want a cheap deal search for a Logitech DFGT.

11. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

also don't forget to signup with the leaderboard... so easy to set up and post your time (and be a lot easier for John and the rest of us to keep track of :)),

http://assetto.lifz.heliohost.org

12. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

@EMW SMILER , I just plugged in your setup for the RUF minus the stability controls after pulling what's left of my hair out and going nowhere with mine and, gotta say, it's night and day! Finally I have a stable set up that I can start to push with. Thank you :)

13. EMW SMILER

@Marty Book Is that the revised tune?.. if it's the first one in the thread you may like the revisions mentioned later...

Very glad you like it - hope it helps:)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  14. EMW SMILER

I'm not going to start *****in about MP but I won't be buying anything for a while yet Mr Pumpkin.......

15. But they're not PS4 or Xbox one compatible and, well, this is the console lounge:)

16. EMW SMILER

Ace Pumpkin and CtrlAltDeLaet like this.
  17. Okay, I see:)

Ace Pumpkin and EMW SMILER like this.
  18. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Mmmm so do I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EMW SMILER likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, this hazzle about finding a wheel for your platform is ridiculous. One wheel fits all is what they should go for imo.

20. Definitely agree, would make life much easier without all this G920/G29/G27/G25/T150/TMX nonsense

Grand Apeiron and Ace Pumpkin like this.