1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #250

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Nov 6, 2021.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    11:23:952
    PC

1st run, on slicks, a little off the pace it seems....

ACC WHC Header2.PNG

2. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:09.795
    PC
    5 Laps

Some tweaks, Not yet perfect by a long shot but much better.

Last photo is as im finishing the last lap.

upload_2021-11-11_19-14-31.png

upload_2021-11-11_19-14-45.png

upload_2021-11-11_19-13-42.png

Attached Files:

3. SlowGrayAudi

Setup if anyone wants to try it. Started with Aggressive base setup. 13 Liters fuel

upload_2021-11-11_19-21-18.png

upload_2021-11-11_19-21-53.png

upload_2021-11-11_19-22-9.png

upload_2021-11-11_19-22-20.png

4. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

Took me a while to get a half decent setup put together. This car understeers forever, which probably isn't an issue if you're supposed to be using the handbrake to turn the car, but that doesn't apply here. Full camber, proper psi, and fuel helps of course, but I found the biggest gain by playing with the dampers. Full soft on the front and full hard on the back to try and get the front to bite. Lots of time spent finding the right brake bias too. She's a little bouncy over the bumps so I probably should play around with the suspension settings but I had had enough for tonight lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Thanks SGA, yeah I’ll try softening thing up a little more. Also, just as important, I need to stay off the curbs early on with some decent car control. I expect you’ll be in to single figures looking at your laps from previous.

Ooh Rob, just got you by a second at the mo, I didn’t see your time until after I posted - close stuff!

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Oops, posted that before I had reloaded the page - and SGA was in to single figures!

7. SlowGrayAudi

No problem. You can try my setup to see if it helps.

You just need to be very patient on the throttle. I never use 1st gear. And barely second.

Braking on the first two laps is the real challenge.

I should have saved the replay, blehhh!

8. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    11:12.243
    5 laps
    XSX

Thanks for the setup, that was really nice, much smoother. The reduction in brake pressure has made cadence braking so much easier. Without committing to make myself look stupid, I think I will be able to hit a single figure time now.

And my end result never shows anything but greasy - is this a console thing do you think?

Attached Files:

9. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    11:11.832
    5 laps
    XSX

Mistake on the 3rd lap and lucky on the last. Locked the brakes into the first chicane but ended up style perfect angle sideways to drive though it - text book

Attached Files:

10. SlowGrayAudi

Still a great run!

Any time theres no abs make sure to lower the pressure. It help more than youd think.

There .ight be some slight differences on console vs PC

11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    11:08.640
    5 laps

I would like to be nonchalant about the time, you know, just jumped on and did a couple of laps. But that was by far the most I ever practised for one of these - a hell of a lot of laps since Friday to get in to single figures.

My back hurts, I’m very sweaty, and can’t remember the name of my children anymore.

upload_2021-11-14_14-12-36.jpeg
    upload_2021-11-14_14-13-8.jpeg

12. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Great job, TinPeach!

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Rod100.

14. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

AC

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 1:57:660 PC
    2. pretend racer 2.00.089 pc
    3. Totall Wrytoff 2.03.136 PS4
    4. Emmanuel Tubbiolo 2.03.431 Xbox
    5. Rod100 2.04.757 PC

ACC
    1. TinPeach 5L 11:08.640 XSX
    2. SlowGrayAudi 5L 11:09.795 PC
    3. Rod100 5L 11.16.263 PC
    4. Mike Reynolds 11:23:952 PC

Tight battle for 3rd place this week, congrats to @Totall Wrytoff who just edged out @Emmanuel Tubbiolo by a few tenths.

The King is Dead, Long live the King! For the 3rd week in a row we will be crowning a new King of the Ring in ACC. Congrats to @TinPeach who practiced his way to the top.

Thanks for posting a time this week guys. It seems like we are the last few diehards that just wont accept that the world of simracing is evolving quite quickly now. There's lots of competition for racing services that all do the same thing and it seems that they have diluted the community of racers. So thanks for sticking with the WHC!