1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What "features" is AC going to have?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by david64bit, Jan 12, 2014.

1. pablo resch

pablo resch Gamer

Guys .. RELAX ...
    the mulplayer will be safe and will be as good or better than iRacing!
    I imagine people laughing at you Kunos hesitating about their MP.
    I believe that anything that adds simulasion we will be very useful and improve the game even more!

Chicos.. relájense...
    el mulplayer va a estar y de seguro va a ser tan bueno o mejor que el de Iracing!!
    Imagino a la gente de Kunos riendose de ustedes dudando sobre su MP.
    considero que cualquier otra cosa que sume simulasion nos va a ser muy util y mejorará más aun el juego!

2. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I watch replays often in AC, so i would see it :)

@david64bit: I agree with you btw :D I hope that the mod tools could help for such mods. But we will see later.
    Mechanical damage/failures will come they said also brake wear and so on. But they dont want a fully simulation of those thinks in the mp. Maybe there is a chance for the sp atleast. They want to support this game 5 years, so there should be time after the most important thinks like AI, Weather,...

3. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

So do i, but never focus on the tyre like in them videos lol.

4. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

slow motion ;)

Queequeg likes this.
  5. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

I would be perfectly fine, if it's a bit like Simraceway, where you can turn on and of invulnerability in most of the "lower class" races, where "crashers" are likely to be. But on the serious stuff, that should not be an option. If you crash, you crash and the race is over - that's the end. I'm driving a PC-Sim because i want the reality of...well...reality, not because i want to drive some arcade style sim, where i can crash wherever and whenever i want to - and have to live with the consequences -, but because real life racing is to expensive for me^^ especially because of that crashing aspect

6. Coolio

Coolio Gamer

I have to say I think you expressed a strange logic. Because some games have multiplayer it isn't important that AC has it, at least not as important as having weather and a nice environment? That's an odd way of looking at it.
    The fact of the matter is that you simply cannot take AC seriously as a "racing simulator" if there's no actual racing in it. Competing against AI is arguably more about finding out how the AI works and exploit its weaknesses and limitations than it is actual racing prowess. (Note; this is my experience and my opinions, treat it as such.)

Ok, I see what you mean about the level of interactivity. And know that I share your feelings about it being cool and more immersive. I don't, however, deem it as necessary to have animated interactive switches in the cockpit if you can use the keyboard (or map buttons) to the car systems that alter the car's behavior on the go. I think that is an utter waste of time for the developers, but I agree, if some modder can implement it out of desire, that would be cool.

7. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

"Racing" is much more then just driving against others. But that goes to show, how different perceptions of one small word can be ;) And as i said, i don't care that much about the interactive switches in the cockpit - to only thing i care about is, that i can turn off all overlays and still be able to see, what's going on with the car. That's especially important if you are using Occulus Rift, because i would absolutely hate seeing some overlays floating somewhere in my view. And that is also why i think, that having interactive switches in the cockpit is so important.

A few months back, i thought about getting an Eyefinity System. Then Occulus Rift came out and that was the end of that story. IMHO that is the future of gaming and everything else is nowhere near as good as OR is going to be. And AC is hopefully going to claim full support for OR - if not the game goes straight to the shelf and i won't care how good the MP is. (And TBH, to get the MP even to near that what the MP of Simraceway is, is nearly impossible)

Also, just to be clear, i never said, that AC is not important. It is just a lot less important, then those things, which really draw you in. And to clarify further, i would be perfectly fine with Hotlapping and the lot, because THAT is racing to me. Who is faster on the track, who is able to do the perfect stint, who is able to get the most of the car and so on. Because real racing is about precision. Oh and, i certainly hope, that AC is never going to get any Oval tracks, because to me, there could nothing be more boring, then Oval "racing". Of course there is the aspect of being conservative to the car and treating it like a precious thing in a Race - but so is it in Rally sports.
    And because a lot of simulations have a very good MP, just a good MP will not bring that many people to AC. It's the realism, graphics and features that will bring people to AC. And maybe even the Campaign, if it's going to be any good.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  8. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I want AC to be as realistic as possible too. But I am also happy that there are some "unrealistic" advantages of a virtual sim compared to real life. Three examples:

1. Kunos already said that there will be no random mechanical failures in AC. In real life you can drive very carefully but you can still suffer a mechanical failure and have to quit a race, simply because of bad luck! Thanx god you don't have to experience this in AC, although it would be realistic...

2. Kunos already said that there will be no clickable cockpits in AC. In real life you could simply turn on the Air Condition and perhaps catch a cold or get an infection of the eyes (bad pollen filter). Thanx god you don't have to experience this in AC, although it would be realistic...

3. You will not die or be seriously hurt when you crash your car with high speed. Thanx god you don't have to experience this in AC, although it would be realistic... ;-)

Coolio likes this.
  9. NaCH

NaCH Rookie

Mp is important.

But without damage it will make the game a GT 4 .. where people use the guy in front to brake.
    MP without braking temp make "racers" to abuse brakes in ways that depart from "real driving" techniques
    Mp with out the simulation of correct downforce simulation and reduction when following a car in front makes racing unreal.

and I con go on.... is not about make it real in way that can hurt you... is about make it a racing simulation.

xyr, Patrik Marek and david64bit like this.
  10. bikkits

bikkits Gamer

I love the idea of dynamic track changes, tire rubbering, worn apexes, dirt/debris/grass, contact marks on barriers etc. The same also applies to car models, anything that makes the car visually look 'driven' over overdriven - same goes for mechanical aspects.

Would lurrrrrve a dirty windscreen now and then - when applicable.

Has any sim ever done any rattling of vibrating parts in or out of the car when driven at high speed or on terrain that isn't totally smooth? I know the idea is to 'not' have this happen in real life. I don't mean general roll/suspension effects - just maybe something that's meant to be be secured but may work slightly loose or something. I'm not an expert on cars/racing in real life, or sims for that matter. But I really do enjoy this kind of stuff.

Anuj likes this.
  11. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

I do too, and i know only one other Sim that does this: OMSI. And i love it, when you are braking with ABS, the car shakes different, then when braking without ABS. That is so much potential and so much detail...if they would stop just with what there is right now...it would be a shame

12. Coolio

Coolio Gamer

You don't care about interactive switches in the cockpit, but still you think they are important? I must assume that you mean visual information within the cockpit and not actually interactive, clickable buttons, because otherwise you make no sense to me. :p
    If you actually mean interactive, clickable buttons, I honestly don't see how that would be of any benefit to anyone. Are we supposed to take our hands off the steering wheel in order to move the mouse to those clickable buttons?
    I understand that you want those overlays gone from the view using the awesome Occulus Rift, but exactly what information can you attribute to an interactive cockpit?
    Ah, of course, never mind! You want the various race information on an add-on screen mounted inside the cockpit, yes? And within a screen like that, the opportunity to switch information showed, kinda like the gigantic Ipad in Tesla?
    If so, that's absolutely brilliant for those of you with the Rift. With a single screen set-up like I have, I wouldn't be able to read anything on a screen like that. :(

We can both agree that we fundamentally disagree on the meaning of "racing". What you describe is to me just the fundamental skill-set needed in order to actually be able to compete. I'm a boxer, so I'll use an analogy that makes sense to me, hopefully simple enough for you to understand what I mean. Hotlapping, being able to handle the car, doing everything technically correct; to me that's the same as being skillful at shadow-boxing, performing the punches in a technical correct manner and being able to throw hard punches on the heavy bag.

Here's the thing, though. None of that matters if you can't utilize it in a ring against a live opponent. If you don't have what it takes in your head to use what you know and make the correct decisions under heavy fire, you really can't box.

RelapseUK likes this.
  13. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I still can't be convinced that this isn't your typical hyped up super technology to get you immersed in VR that will go away when the NEXT hyped up super technology shows up in 1 or 2 years. People get bored of wearing 3D glasses quick (which are small and only get you sick every now and then LOL) let alone wearing big gadgets like the Occulus for various reasons that I don't list except. Same for google glasses.

Sorry for the hijack. Thread can go on, I too am curious what else will make its way into AC aside from the website announced features. Dynamic weather and dynamic track conditions being chief among them.

14. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

Exactly, that's what i'm talking about :) I think that the interactivity of the Cockpit in itself is important, like the Symbols in the Dashboard and to "see" somewhere what i have turned on and what not, like in old cars, where i flip the switch and there is an LED inside the Switch. The switches itself don't have to be clickable like it was in NKPro, i'm perfectly fine if i have to use keys for that. But for me it's pretty much the same on a screen, i don't like having all those overlays...it's just not that immersive to me :/

NKPro had those add-on screens mounted inside the Cockpits and you were able to tell exactly what they read :) Although i can only speak for myself...maybe there are others who can't read them ;)

Well, it's something :D No, i understand that analogy perfectly and maybe i've expressed my point a bit wrong...keep in mind, english isn't my native toung :p
    MP is important - but there are other things to me, that are more important then the MP. I could live with a MP, that isn't as sophisticated as the one in Simraceway or iRacing. Because as you said it yourself, it all depends on how you are able to handle the car against a "real" opponent. Or for starters a multiplayer like the one in NKPro.

Coolio likes this.