1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Whos fault is it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rex, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Also your post will not change my opinion about you.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The forum is the AC forum, the f1 incident was determined as rosberg was at fault. He didnt give any racing room to Hamilton.

So some are are trying to actually have some relevance to the chit chat room of the forum we are in. :rolleyes:

Above is the actual purpose of this forum section, so you saying this thread is not meant to be ac related makes as much sense as your idea of fair racing. I think your lost in the forum and your idea of racing is just as lost. :D

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Racer

@martcerv You're right, I lost this one :) I really thought this forum was about general chit-chat, not AC-related chit-chat (what is AC related chit-chat anyway?). But my idea of professional fair racing does make sense :) In any case, let's agree to disagree.

@After_Midnight Excellent, it's good to have stong opinions in life and to be undeterred from your path. Strong convictions! Expecially about random people on the internet.

4. Rex

Rex Racer

@After_Midnight I'd like to say some things to you, cause maybe I was a bit harsh: I am not a hardcore simracer, like some people here, I'm not that passionate about this and I don't want to be. You most probably know better than me how to race online, and more about simracing. What I said in this thread was not about how to race online, or how to simrace, or anything like that. I don't even race online. You can describe all the rules you want for online racing and I don't even have an opinion about it.

What I was talking about in this thread was the mindset of a champion in real life, which is a totally different thing than the ideal simracing rules. When you're simracing, you're just playing. You're sitting in a chair turning a toy wheel. You are in a parallel universe from a real career because of the gigantic pressure and responsability that comes with reality. You are just playing on your rig, with all the rules and ideal situations. It has nothing to do with a real race.

You seem to consider that real racing should be devoid of any context, emotion or human touch and that all drivers should be as close to AI as possible. I don't agree with this, and I don't have to drive well or be a racing expert to have an opinion about this, because it's about how you view the world. In reality everything matters: professional drivers race in an emotional context, not in an ideal, AI context. When Lewis is coming behind Nico, everything matters: the relashionship they've had since karting, an insult 5 years ago, a look 2 months ago, a block 4 races ago, a pass 7 races ago, the conversation with Toto 6 months ago, the hundreds of millions of $ at risk, what his father said to him 2 weeks ago, what his kid did 2 days ago, how many laps there are until the end, how many races there are, how many championships does he have, how many does Lewis have... everything matters in the moment he turns that wheel. I am saying, racing is emotional and is human that's how it should be. And that's how everything should be judged. We are not watching robots, we want to see people, to have someone to relate to. That's my opinion and that's what I've been tying to say (maybe not very well). Now, I'm not an "unteachable child", because 1) I'm not a child and 2) it's not my passion to learn how to race online. So you have nothing to teach me by definition. Your make wrong assumptions.

In any case, this discussion drifted from a crash analysis into a fight (as usual) and into a philosophical discussion, what more can you ask from a forum :)

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I think AC related chit-chat is when you discuss about Hamilton vs Rosberg for example because it has to do with driving. If you would discuss about good cooking recipes of your grandma it would be chit-chat but not AC-related...
    Except it is chinese cuisine because there could be a relation with Kunos (cats)...:D;)

6. Rex

Rex Racer

Dedicated to all the softies: