1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Worst problem of every online game ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Oct 16, 2017.

1. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

This is imo the knockout argument. As it might be true in some cases people often don't have the timeslot to commit to a league.

gandlers, Pretend racer and Tberg like this.
  2. I am starting to think that I need league races again. I am getting bored of these short sprint races where the results are basically irrelevant. I end up being more concerned about getting a decent lap time than I do about the actual racing. League races are much more about consistency and strategy, and the end result matters. Having said that, the next problem is car selection. I am almost inclined to argue that league races would be better as "single car type" affairs (with a different car for each race in a season), but I suspect that a large number of potential participants would not particularly like that idea. In addition, if I was going to race in a league, I would need to be confident of getting a FULL grid for every single race. League races with a handful of drivers are of no interest to me.

Sleeper Service and Tberg like this.
  3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I just won the PRL league, 12 rounds total, and now I kind of miss the quick sprint races :D

But yeah, consistency and strategy is a big part of league racing.

I have an upcoming TT Cup league, maybe it's something for you :)

4. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

I've been thinking about putting together a league. I think a few of us should just get together and organise something.

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Me too, and I got something in the mix already. I'm organiser at PRL atm, so maybe a TT Cup league, 6-8 rounds before X-mas is something for you regulars :p

6. I was thinking more of road cars and classic race cars. You might want to ask xystof though. I bet he would love a TT Cup league! :D

Pretend racer likes this.
  7. John Gordon

I would be up for the TT. Anything really.

Road cars sound good. But if we use the WW pack for example, there will be some cars that have advantages on some tracks and weaknesses on others. At least with a single make championship, it would be down to to the driver only.

Christopher Low likes this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I know nothing about the leagues, really an unknown territory. Would be interesting to try. I wonder whats the situation. I hope it is not the same as regular online servers. I mean I hope there aren't tons of them, of which majority is unpopulated, and the populated ones aren't grinding the same "standard" combos and conditions. I hope "omg grip is too low, and the sun angle is annoying, I'm quitting the league" is not a thing. I hope leagues ends with the same amount of participants as they starts.

9. John Gordon

We should probably make a separate thread to thrash some ideas around.

If we could get some of the SF regulars to join I feel it would be a strong championship.

Tberg likes this.
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Edit: Sorry for OT! Definitely another thread subject.

Depends on the players :D

No really, it does. Some people join leagues without thinking about what a league is, what they want from it and what it can give. The concept of a league does NOT automatically filter out bad experiences with onlineracing, or make the racing better, and these reasons is often why people join a league...sadly.
    Better reasons to join a league are:
    • team racing
    • season results (whole season is a race in itself)
    • immersion of doing seasons, as is how racing is build up irl
    • rivalry
    • stewards: no need for chat-wars, report incidents and stfu
    • improve your racecraft (if you're not leading the season from A to Z)
    • non-sprint racing, typically at least 1 hour total qual/race time.
    • ...and few more
    Though, many of the above points struggle to find approval, if the league organisation is not build for the diversity of players. Something I just experienced in the league I won by a mile, though the organisers had worked their asses off preparing the season.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I did my first league season with ROOZ recently in the TT VLN, was an awesome experience. I found that when you run a full season in the same car you really get to learn the car which isn't really possible in quick online races. People are also much more responsible and take extra care to race clean, they will be racing together week after week. Running a season gives it a lot more meaning as all your practice and race results matter for the end goal, being in a team is also a good motivator as you also care how well other people in the same team do instead of people you will likely never see again on a random server. Definitely changes the AC experience for the better. The negatives is you find out that you may not really be that fast after all when you realise you are down a few good seconds on the fastest times :(

12. John Gordon

I did a LOT of league racing in GTR2. I raced in the TGP league for a few seasons. Was great fun.

I'll make another thread.

13. I raced in several GT Legends leagues (NoGrip Sunday, Gamers Crib GTC65, TC65 F1 Venue Championship), and also the Power & Glory 3 World Sprint League (WSL; 2x30 minute races in a variety of classic cars each week at major F1 race tracks; I organised this one myself). It was great fun.....but less enjoyable when numbers started to fade. The reason for this is simple. Finishing a league race in 3rd place is a very satisfying experience with 24 or more starters, but less so when the number of starters can be counted on the fingers of one hand!

14. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Ah, it's all about leagues. How about Kunos implements a MP system specially tailored towards leagues? Oh, wait ... :)

Minolin likes this.
  15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is barely about the leagues. But if the leagues would be hosted by Kunos, I think they would be a thing. It should be outstanding leagues IMO

16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

meh leagues.

Would be better an official matchmaking system on kunos servers in a competitive game mode. This way you redirect all the people from the 3rd party leagues and services to compete in the same place. Rocket league, csgo, dota2, etc. they are so actively played because of that. No subscriptions involved.

You search for a race any time of the day within similar ranks and possibly region, and not with the scheduled stuff like in iracing or gtsport. You don't even need a safety rating only a competitive ranking system, you just make in-race penalties that don't count for the rank and after the race there are no repercussions (only cooldowns if you quit).

But you restrict the content to be used in competitive mode, otherwise is too fragmented. For example you make a playlist for GT3, LMP1, Formula cars, historic stuff. Ideally the cars are balanced in the same class. You also don't need 30 tracks for this or 200 cars, 10 good racing tracks that are selected randomly with the most popular racing cars, and which people can select and visually customize their favorite car in each class.

However the game (assuming I'm giving this idea for a new AC game) can have many tracks and cars that are used for single player part of the game and community servers. Just that matchmaking on official servers can put all the best players racing together since they will get matched in the higher ranks. For a casual player this is good as well, since he/she just wants to race right now, not wait for enormous P/Q sessions, for a scheduled race in 3 hours, on some random servers with noob and pro players in the same race, on the same track every time. :)

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Sounds nice, except about safety ranking. But it should be optinal IMO, because sometimes you may know exactly where you want to go. I also disagree about the theory that became popular recently - that "noobs" having to race in the same races as "proffesionals" is a bad thing. It is not exactly a perfect concept if separation becomes ridiculous. But in order to improve you have to surround yourself by people who are competitive, ideally - better than you. Of course it sucks for those who has low fps, stutters, small screens, zero knowledge about setups, other problems.... You gotta keep up, fam :D

chksix likes this.
  18. brioche

brioche Racer

I hosted public servers with low grip, no tyre blankets, slow track evolution, long races, variable temperature/wind and even 120% damage (although that seems to bug a little :D) countless times. I don't think players are in any way the problem. You just have to accept that not everyone can drive in those conditions right away due to their controller settings, game setup, car setup, experience etc.. Without help, most leave after less than one lap. Sim racing is not easy, it can be frustrating and most of the times players need help and good examples to understand the basics and how to do it properly. This kind of help is hard to be found in a driving Community like this one where it's difficult to see good drivers mixing with bad ones since they are afraid to ruin their precious rating (and I can tell because I mostly race in public GT2/GT3 servers).
    DLC isolation policy together with DLC spam doesn't help either to keep the Community unite.
    I don't expect AC public mp racing to magically improve with tons of experienced drivers if it can't grow them properly (and it hurts a bit to see so little players that play such a beautiful game online).

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

If you look at most of the world's problems you'll find people are usually at the root of them. Useless creatures for the most part (except when they're making racing sims, of course!).

FWIW I've been faffing about with PCars2 the last couple weeks and whenever I create a session it's usually at sunset and transitions into darkness and it's freaking awesome. When me and my buddies race online we often have a night session. Love love love love night racing. Rain I could give or take but I'm absolutely loving some night racing. So yes, those features do get used a lot by some people.

20. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

Yup. It's like everyone has the ego of a child that has never been tested. A lot of sports kinda help create this atmosphere because only the winner is recognized. It wasn't always like that. Champions use to thank the competitor for their effort and bringing out the best during the competition.

ElPueblo and chksix like this.