1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Brake pressure/sensitivity needed!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Aug 6, 2015.

1. esox71

esox71 Alien

IMO it has nowt to do with RL it's to do with all the different hardware peeps have.
    So it's fine for one to quickly adjust their brake sensitivity manually but what about say g27 pedals where you can't do anything?

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Whats being asked for isn't really a brake pressure adjustment though is it? It's a point a which the wheels lock adjustment.

What people will do is take out any car and brake hard from speed. They'll tweak the wheel lock pedal position to just under full brake pedal travel and then that's it for that car, those tyres that track temp and grip setting. You'll be able to do that for every car so the only difference between cars will be the actual braking performance. Maximum braking will just become a pedal smash, no skill needed.

Is that a good thing for the sim?

LeDude83, Fear and Seria17hri11er like this.
  3. Which is in effect a max pressure adjustment....

mrk1001 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  4. esox71

esox71 Alien

Sooo...What does 12 stages of abs do?

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well brake pressure setting as I undertand it is setting how much pressure output I get with certain pressure input ... locking wheels depends on more things than brake pressure ... speed, temperature, wear (well not in AC obviously), load on that wheel, etc ... and setting pressure to 80% doesn`t mean you wont lock up .. if conditions leads to brakes locking at 70% ... and if you go too low with brake pressure, yes you won`t lock up that easily and at certain point you won`t lock up at all but you also wont brake effectively and at certain point not brake at all ... well theoretically, practically settings won`t allow you to go that low .. depends on used component it could have 3 steps or 7 steps or whatever .. it starts to work after certain pressure is reached and than the pressure output is delivered with different ratio ... sorry for not really being technical :) ..

Analogy: just like dif settings allow you to apply power faster with risk of loosing traction ...
    Also I`m not saying it should be available for every car .. just preformance cars where it is expected

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  6. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Diff settings are not usability setting. No matter what kind of equipment you use the diff settings make very little different. Brakes, steering and view out of the car are completely different things than something like diff settings...

7. o_O They can change the handling of the car rather drastically....

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I ment it like there is a compromise .. you gain someting but scrifice other thing .. so it is kind of self balancing and peope don`t need to be scared of somebody gaining unfair advatage with adjustable brake pressure ... wasn`t the best analogy of my life I guess :) ...

9. Thanks for clarifying guys.

10. dauntless

dauntless Alien

That wasn't my point. My point was that you don't really adjust the diffs based on what kind equipment you are using to drive the cars in sim (keyboard, pad, steering wheel and what kind of pedals). Like you have to do with ffb and steering for example...

11. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

I have a load cell and when I meant 40% I meant pressure, not travel. Then with some cars I can use reasonable force without locking and have good control over it, but with some cars I need to have "feather" foot which is just annoying. And I don't see a point constantly messing with adjusting pot on load cell amp under my table.

I don't remember having this problem in the past couple of updates back. So I don't know.

12. Interesting. When you say 40% pressure, does that equate to 40% brakes in the pedal app?

What's your brake gamma?

13. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

It means that, if he have 25 kilos load cell, for max signal (full brake applied) he do not need to press it with 25 kilos - 40% is 10 kilos.

btw I would rather have engine brake maps

14. esox71

esox71 Alien

unplug your pedals, plug your pedals in, press 40% of 25 kilo,pc will read that as 100%, until you press harder than 40% of 25 kilo....?

15. That's not what people want... they want something where the 25 kilos = 40% of the brake torque of the car.

16. esox71

esox71 Alien

I know what people(And myself want) Adjustable brake pressure, I was just stating what happens just now.:)

17. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

Lack of Brake pressure setting is why I can't fully enjoy the game, I don't see why it's not been done.
    Not everyone has the same equipments, some pedals have lower resolution so adding a pressure setting is helpful.
    Right now the difference between almost zero brakes and full brakes seems to be just a few millimetres of pedal travel, with a soft spring this is more difficult to maintain.

I'm not keen on going down the load cell route.

18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

my pedals arent fixed to a rig and I have always struggled more with load cell than potentiometer, I probably have less than 1inch of pedal travel and then I can apply maybe 10kg of force before the stand slides along the floor... the grass isnt always greener on the other side :p

19. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

You can save in AC different controller profiles associated to different brake "gamma" functions.
    It's a subtle way to use the same travel range (so no adjustments on load cell pots and no foot pressure adaptation) for different cars producing the wanted brake pressures.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. Um, you can make it so that 9 KG is your max--in AC set brake range to whatever percent matches 9 KG--so you never have your pedals slide on the floor.

Things require adjustments to suit each environment/setup.

You talk about pedal travel, but travel really doesn't matter with a load cell. Does the pedal press the load cell with a spring?

If so, and that's how a lot of peoples load cells work, that may be why some have troubles with load cell. A little travel is ok, less than an inch seems good. After that initial travel, it should be very firm.