1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic COMING SOON! – PORSCHE PACK VOLUME 3 & UPDATE V 1.12

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Feb 7, 2017.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Really : yes rally broem shoeshoe
    You realize : alwayszzzzzz
    They can fix stuff on PC : ach ....on piciiiiiiiiiiiii
    On console they can fix stuff: whaaaaaaaaat noooooooo
    For it to hit console : please not to hard
    Flor tle relt evelytling ok poppi10 ?

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I disagree. They should have added all the features from the PC in the release, because they promissed them; but they didn't have the obligation to add neither private lobbies or leaderboards. There is no rule written that you have to add specific features in a game.

However, with the actual state of the industry, where games are still developed after the release IMO they do have the moral duty to add basic features in a racing game in the post-release. Ok, you sell DLC and earn money with it; but then, you have to add at least features that is unacceptable to be missing in a racing game.

I see it that way.

3. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Look chaps, do yourselves a favour.
    Fire up an Xbox 360 and launch Forza Motorsport 4. It was released in 2011.
    It contains all of the features everyone pines for in AC in 2017.
    It was brilliantly executed, it brought people together from all around the world to race, and it had private lobbies.
    You could sell liveries, setups, cars, and decals.
    It was at least six years ahead of its time judging by this unfinished alpha project were all waiting patiently to be finished when the developers return from Saturn or wherever it is they currently hide with the dlc cash.
    Let go of the bloody dream and start asking some probing questions, like "why is this acceptable?" or "is this really how we envisaged progress in next gen titles?"

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Nwg likes this.
  4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

What a pointless reply.
    Well you're right, they dont have an obligation to add anything so long as they dont advertise it.
    Now why would i do that? In ACs current form it's still more pleasurable to play than anything on console. However what i would do if i felt that way about AC is move on, I'd go play Forza or a game that many referred to as Pbugs with it's invisible walls, landminds, data corruption etc, i would go play those and enjoy myself rather that keep posting on a support forum of a game that isn't as good as other driving games i have.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  5. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

pretty sure i read it somewhere or at least interpreted it that way.

6. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Probably in the "end of the year" blog:
    "The latest PC build of Assetto Corsa introduced the customized championship, a very appreciated feature that will be explicit even better in future, and that will be extended also to the console version. At the moment, the team is working on private lobbies that will allow gamers to create their own races with their friends and create leagues. Also, we’ll continue to work to improve the control customization on console."

7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

How about the frame rate on xbox, its shocking. Worst of any game I've ever played on xbox.

8. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

A voila the same pointless point to the point where you where replaying to my righting got the point .
    ------------------- ..... - .... ------ ....__________________________________ .... .

9. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

minor oversight : this issue was fixed for the 2015 prototype, but not for the 2016 919, which was added by the same update .

10. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

11. Luke427

Luke427 Rookie

Really really REALLY want Adelaide street circuit DLC on console PLEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!!! :)

12. Charms Alarm

Charms Alarm Rookie

I haven't been very critical of this game because I bought it on sale, but I do agree with you. On Xbox, this game seems to have too little content (and support) for its retail price. It is very difficult to recommend to others. Shift 3: GOTY Edition is only $40. FM6 Platinum Edition is $125 ($75 w/ XBL Gold). AC, with the season pass and Prestige Pack dlc, comes in at $87. AC is great, but it is not worth more than twice the cost of PCARS, or $12 more than FM6 with all it's DLC (Porsche and NASCAR expansion!). I already bought AC; the devs already have my money, so there's no point in complaining. I'll continue to play it and I'm looking forward to future DLC. However, people considering buying AC should know that this game's content is comparable to GT5: Prologue.

tl;dr: It's all about the money in the end and AC isn't worth the asking price, yet. Buy it when it is on sale or wait for more DLC to come out.

13. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Tin hats on lads! INCOMING!!!

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Not agree with that quote. GT5 prologue didn't have laser scanned tracks, or Porsche, or such a good and varied car list. In terms of numbers AC seems a little short compared to others (although 140 cars is not a bad number at all), but in terms of quality is superior to the rest.

15. Dresden

Dresden Gamer

I would not be so harsh on Assetto. I bought the game when it came out on Xbox and was disappointed with what I saw. However, having experienced the same thing with Pcars I knew that I had to be patient and wait for the patches to arrive.

Assetto is still light on with tracks as we don't have mods, but the number and variety of cars is great. I love the handling model and the sim experience is second to none on console. AI still has much to be improved but I would recommend the game to any gamer as it now stands.

@P73 likes this.
  16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Happy with the frame rate after 7 months ?

17. Dresden

Dresden Gamer

I am actually. :) Of course this game can be improved over the coming months with better patches but considering where it was last August we have come a long way. I do not have screen tearing or frame rate slow down, man there are plenty of games out there much worse.

On Pcars I never saw many of the bugs others were having either. Lucky, maybe?

What is causing the slow down. Online? Max fields? It cannot be the variable weather...;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    paul_wev, ppbucko and @P73 like this.
  18. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

It also had searchable custom lobbies. Freaking good times.

In my opinion, It's already worth the price for those who put physics above everything else and really enjoy hotlapping.

19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Agree hotlapping mode is quality. Still can't get my head around why it doesn't save personal bests at least.

SlimCharles, barkx_, ZX636 and 2 others like this.
  20. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I agree there is no excuse for not saving Personal Best laptimes.

Another annoying element is not having a live gap to our competitors during a race and having to wait until the end of the lap.

SlimCharles, barkx_, paul_wev and 2 others like this.