1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Custom Lobby Features Suggestions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by TitzonToast, Dec 19, 2016.

1. thurlesdrunk

thurlesdrunk Rookie

I agree with all the OPs suggestions and pretty much everyone else's.
    Ability to add ai drivers would be nice, and assign what car and difficulty level to each AI driver if required.
    Also, the option of locking the view to cockpit only for all drivers would be great.

TitzonToast likes this.
  2. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Just asking myself why we can't pick an certain skin / color of the car online? It's not important but a nice Feature of Customization

jc1993, SlimCharles, paul_wev and 3 others like this.
  3. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

+1 to all of those suggestions, the option of locking the view to cockpit only is genius.

paul_wev and thurlesdrunk like this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Nein nein nein

Leaving the administration of public lobbies to the people will lead to caos on the public section. I prefer fewer variety like now, to a million different types of lobbies.

Would be much better that the devs offer more variety of lobbies.

5. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about. The whole console section has been crying out for Custom Lobbies since day one, but no, you know best...

The hopper system that's currently in place will probably run in tandem with the new system, you'll be in there on your own though!

Ho, ho, ho.

Redxbcoupe, Pleite and thurlesdrunk like this.
  6. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

It could be a misunderstanding, but if I get what you mean, it's not public lobbies that's being discussed, but private. The ability for the host to customize it will by no means result in chaos, quite the opposite, as the whole thing will then be agreed upon by a group of friends and organized according to the wishes of that group. That's not chaos.

As to public lobbies, I'd suppose they will be almost completelly forgotten about or rarely used by most, once fully customizable private lobbies are out.

TitzonToast and paul_wev like this.
  7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

You get the standard public lobbies as they are now, but also if you set a private lobby up the host gets the choice of leaving it invite only or a open lobby where anyone can join but the host can control the room.

SlimCharles likes this.
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Why that defensive behaviour? Maybe Im in my own, but at least I can discuss reasonably. Learn to talk, mister.

Also, dont make yours the opinion of all the people. If Im not wrong, is private lobbies what most people desire.

The creator of the thread is talking about making public lobbies customizable.

"1. Custom Lobbies, not just private ones. Hosting a great public room"

That could only lead to caos on the public section. It happens in all games, like PCars for example. I would not touch the public section except for some details like the ability to choose the color of your car or more variety of tracks and cars.

No, not agree. Many games have private lobbies and the public lobbies are still being used a lot. Dont know what will happen with Assetto, but maybe the addition of private lobbies could even increase the people on the public section (private lobbies could be like a "birdcall").

That is a very good idea. But maybe is very difficult to add.

L2D_Gopher likes this.
  9. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Well, maybe he will speak for himself on this matter, but I think all he says here is that he wants to have private lobbies, but only that won't do: he also wants to have the ability to customise them, all that in a public 'environment', which is impossible now.

He even says both systems could 'run in tandem', which means he's focusing the discussion on private lobbies only. I think it's only a misunderstanding, as he doesn't seem to be worried at all about touching on 'public lobbies'.

SlimCharles likes this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You mean something like ppbucko is saying?

11. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Yeah, I figure this is what he says, basically.

SlimCharles, TitzonToast and paul_wev like this.
  12. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

@SlimCharles

Yeah, sorry for going off on you like that man.
    Just to clarify, I would like to see the current hopper system stay and the new system slide in beside it.
    I'd like to be able to create a lobby and either make it private or make it public, depending on what humour I'm in.

If it's public, people can see what rules, cars, tracks are available and whether or not it suits them to join.
    For instance, some people like full sim lobbies with no assists allowed and the view locked to cockpit.

On another night I might set up a lobby where everybody has to use the same car in its stock tune.

The possibilities are endless with Custom Lobbies, that's what people like.

The current system is very restrictive, I don't use ABS, but if I race online I'm forced to use it. That's just odd.

paul_wev, ppbucko and Pleite like this.
  13. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

I would also like to see more Server Information. Time, Outside Temp, Track Temp

Actually I'm searching like a fool for a Spa Lobby on where it is sunny and not cloudy :D

TitzonToast likes this.
  14. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

Nothing fancy, all the stuff you give for granted in 21st Century racing videogames.

- Grip levels, weather and temperature should have options for both random values and fixed ones.
    - Fixed setup / custom setup selection. Fixed setup games still should allow fuel and compound selection.
    - Parc fermé on / off. Once you leave the pits in quali you just control fuel, compound fitted and tyre pressures.
    - Customizable damage settings and assists available.
    - No car limits and livery selection.
    - Save replay (even if not unlimited lenght, give us at least 2 hours).
    - Please, PLEASE, no "pause/ pit/ rejoin" exploit. It´s about time you fix that crap.

TitzonToast likes this.
  15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

These are available on PC as far as I know. The last one is already fixed and give you a pretty huge penalty. It should come to console in the next patch.

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Couldnt edit my post: Parc fermé shouldnt be highlighted in that post.

17. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

That's not a good solution, they should disable the option entirely.

ppbucko likes this.
  18. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

After Racing the last 2 Days online, I'm missing two simple facts. If I select the leaderboard of the current season, there is no information how long the race will take. Just at the beginning before joining the server - we need this in open and private Lobbies. Maybe you could implement a little Box at a bottom corner on the session page where the overall time of free, quali and race is shown

Coming with that an option to show the estimated laps with the actual selected amount of Fuel (use an average fuel consumption) so the real consumption depends on the driving style of each driver.

I think these to options shouldn't be that hard ;)

TitzonToast likes this.
  19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Teleport to pit in a race is the most crazy thing I've seen in a racing game, not very SIM like. Lol

20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

We can discuss if it is apropiate for a simulator, but that thing; indeed, is very SIM like.