1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. In my limited testing with the ISI Camaro GT3 when I thought about trying VEC minimum pressures was much faster, by over 1s. Like 15psi cold lol. Easier to drive too.

2. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

the top20 set I received had lowest tyre pressure, lowest car, softest springs, softest arbs, minimum rear wing. I may have been trolled but I would think not.

I'm not saying it is physically inaccurate that it works, I have no idea, but it's still hilarious that regardless, if that sort of setup worked in AC, the simulation experts would have a field day and yet it seems perfectly acceptable in Rf2...

As for the driving the switch back to AC was brutal in terms of how there are things you MUST NOT do in AC, not in order to avoid overheating the tyres, but in order to avoid spinning the car. Smooth and precise is not the impression I got from the RF2 650S, quite the contrary. Again no idea which one is more accurate, just stating the difference.

3. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

I dunno about the top 20 but I found setting the tyre pressures to minimum (20.3 psi in the garage) made me instantly faster.

4. Hany

Hany Alien

Oke so I made it to the final and in no way I was overdriving the car to get into the top 20.

The setup I sent phill was indeed very soft with lowest wing angle but it doesn't mean that my setup is the absolute best. Ive 10 different setups that give me the exact same laptime ranging from very soft to very stiff, high wing to low wing.

Paolo who had the exact same laptime as me in the pre quali leaderboard used a very different setup.

Lowest tire pressures (lowest available in the setup screen) is indeed fastest in rf2 with cars that have the new contact patch model. Nothing different than having optimum tire pressure in a ini file in assetto. Both are **** to have. U set u them once and they perform best.

Also I can jump from ac to rf2 and back to ac without the need to change my driving style. Both feel very natural to me but rf2 needs better tire management.

All that sliding people talk about here is for noobs that are way too slow. The way to go fast in rf2 is being smooth and taking car of the tires. Overdriving in rf2 is very easy to do and it feels fast but once u calm down and start to drive clean the laptimes will drop instantly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Rosko, stefanoCasillo, Dookie and 4 others like this.
  5. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Going to a track the most inexpensive and faster way to be... faster (and avoid over inflation and overheating) is to reduce tyre pressures.

OFC, manufacturers do have a minimum that SHOULD be respected. I actually recall V8SC comments about this where the teams were running tyres below the specs... I think there's a rule for it now :)

The problem with this is that the first laps as the tyres get heat into them and inflate a bit the car feels a bit sluggish but it's usually better by the end of the stint.

The questions are:

- are the pressures in rF2 cold or hot?
    - What's the tyre spec and is it set according to RL.

I have yet to drive that car though. Still don't have it.

6. Hovercraft simulator

7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

That version of track is ice level flat.

8. mad_dog

mad_dog Rookie

rF2 is the benchmark for racing sim and physics. The new car McLaren is awesome. Thank you rF2.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  9. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Good old 20% throttle under braking

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  10. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Why is that "good old"?

I am asking in all honesty because I am curious and I like to be educated:

Is it helpful to open the throttle a little bit under braking or can it be exploited in sim racing (especially rFactor 2) because there is no damage when doing it?

Is it comparable to what real race drivers do? I always thought that kart drivers do it IRL to have a quicker exit (possbily I am very wrong here).

11. I mean... Good lap for sure. But most of this, no. Just no. How anyone thinks that's any relevent to real life is beyond me.

Cote Dazur and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. It is commonplace in sims, in fact it used to pretty much be mandatory.

Ryan Eversley is a (race winning) Honda factory GT3 driver; here is what he answered when I asked:
    [​IMG]

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  13. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's just something that some very fast guys have been doing for years no matter the sim. I probably first heard about it more than 10 years ago.

It's a nice tool to have if you master it, pretty much a dynamic brake bias.

It would probably work irl too if you can deal with the extra fuel consumption, brake heat & wear but the gain would be marginal. It's just a thing that is there because you are allowed to perfect it through thousands of laps in 100% identical conditions while worrying about nothing else. Nobody has time & resources to perfect such things irl to gain a tenth.

Topuz, dajdosta, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  14. esox71

esox71 Alien

Ask him if his supa dupa gt3 got stability traction control and does he use it?

15. Asked him that a while back; yes GT3 drivers lean hard on their traction control and ABS. (most testing is spent working on those two systems)

Ace Pumpkin and esox71 like this.
  16. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

@Michael Hornbuckle
    @PhilS13
    @David Dominguez

Thank you very much for your answers.
    Maybe I should give this technique a go.
    The comparison chart of Schumi and Barrichello is very interesting.
    If I see it right: I'm more a Barrichello kind of guy. :)

esox71 likes this.
  17. I wonder why we cannot see a single driver using this technique..? We have quite a lot of telemetry overlays these days. :rolleyes:

I mean, even this picture is possibly real deal, it can be a bit mis-leading.

Rally drivers are using similar techniques when the conditions are slippy but even they does not overlap if the tarmac is dry.

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I remember Ross Bentley, the one who writes race driver text books, saying overlapping break and throttle is beneficial to stabilize the car while cornering.
    And I remember reading that this was Schumacher's advantage. Well, after hearing him himself, it's a different matter. He just claimed he was at the limit at all cornering phases. While others were not.
    Well, I think Ross is right, though I never tried that in a real car ;)