1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do i have to buy a wheel?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AMTPS, Jul 3, 2014.

1. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

I think it's the photo's of peoples full rigs (chairs, buttkicker, pedals, triple screens etc) that made her put her foot down.

She "tolerates" my gaming, but she's probably not wrong that I'm too old to spend my time playing computer games.
    She does put up with a house full of guitars and amps and recording equipment.... so fair was fair when it came to a wheel.
    I don't really see I'm missing out on too much anyway as I'm not an online player and can always tweak the AI to a close enough level. :)

2. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm sure it's possible to do just about everything with a joypad that you'd do with a wheel but the immersion takes the game to a completely different level. It's a much, much better experience with wheel.

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm guessing she still plays with makeup. :p

4. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

Having a wife that's a gamer helps :cool: she is also amazingly tolerant about my excessive spending - if I could bottle some of that up & sell it to all the blokes in the world I'd be rich!:D

5. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Thank God NO! (I don't like makeup and she doesn't wear any).

She works full time and is studying for a degree in Biology from the OU in her spare time. Her idea of taking a break/having fun is nagging me around the house!
    Nah, she's totally aces. :) But not a gamer at all.

6. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

I`m thinking of trading in the mrs, a kidney and a few other organs for the SimXperience Stage 5 Racing Simulator.

Joking aside, if you want to feel a bit void of some of its features , then use a gamepad controller.

If you want to experience the game with a bit more detail it`s got to be a FFB wheel.

only you can decide if you want to buy a wheel and any other accessories.

7. Turk

Turk Alien

If it's just an issue of space and not having sim gear thrown around the sitting room there are ways of dealing with that. There are fold up rigs, I'm kind of facing the same problem in that my computer is where I work and also where I watch TV. So i can't really have a big sim rig attached to it all the time. I've almost formulated my plan for a computer desk that folds out into a sim rig. If it's out of sight out of mind there shouldn't be any problem.

8. Whitestar likes this.
  9. AMTPS

AMTPS Rookie

I can grab a old G25 for 50€, only problem besides wheel wear is the manual shifter mail function (sometimes it doesnt shift properly), but the wheel F1 shifters work, should i grab it or should i go for a new DFGT and try to buy only the used pedals?

10. Grab that G25

11. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

seriously? the point is that mostly of the women can't understand men hobbies because they have none...so if you want something buy it if you can, don't let the women suggest you in anyway...they have no right on these things at all due to ignorance of the matter itself. back on topic, play a driving game, especially assetto corsa with a gamepad is not the way it's meant to be...so if you care youself a bit please please get al least a T500RS, or if you are a console guy a 458tx

12. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

You're right about women not understanding mens hobbies, that's almost Universal.
    But you're wrong about them not having their own.
    You are their hobby.
    They want to spend their free time on you.
    Guess it's up to each to decide if that's a gift or a curse. :)

13. AMTPS

AMTPS Rookie

Well said.

Woman tend to be obsseced with their boyfriend/husband to they point they get jealous for almost everything that keep´s our atenttion away from them.

But **** it, this game is driving me nuts!

mms likes this.
  14. AMTPS

AMTPS Rookie

50€ + 20€ shipping, 70€...

Need help here!:)

15. Turk

Turk Alien

Whitestar and poet like this.
  16. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

And you're almost right, but we're not them hobby, we're them mission, trying the change us to the point we became girls with c...s...

17. AMTPS

AMTPS Rookie

Really need to know this...

Is a G25 worth 70€?or should i get the GT plus used pedals?

Atb

18. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

19. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Rookie

You can compete with wheel drivers (except maybe top-top players), but the feeling you get with a good wheel... is priceless.

You would not touch a gamepad again if you try a good wheel.

20. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer