1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do i have to buy a wheel?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AMTPS, Jul 3, 2014.

1. AMTPS

AMTPS Rookie

The wheel was purchased back in 2009, it has about 800h of RACE 07 on it...70€ with the manual shifter not working (only the F1 paddles work)... i still cant decide.

Some real pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Sebastian Wolff likes this.
  2. Baj

Baj Gamer

Once you get used to a controller you can defiantly compete against wheel users but its not all about the win. I wouldn't class using a controller as cheating but I wouldn't use it just because it made me faster I would use whatever gave me the most realistic experience.
    The only wheels I can recommend are the g25/27 and the Thrustmaster t500 after that you are onto some serious wheels and money. Anything cheaper than the g25 and you are looking at some toy that won't really do the job, it also has been around for a while and has many upgrades a mods available. Personally I think the best value for money is the T500 as this will give the big boys a run for their money, its very well made and the pedals feel good and solid. It also has various other wheels that you and swap over via quick release, again this wheel has a few mods available for it. The T500 is higher resolution and stronger FFB than the g25/27 and also works with the ps4 if that matters to you
    I wouldn't swap my wheel for a controller even if I was quicker with one as its too much fun with the wheel :)
    Here is a quick pic of my seat and T500 with F1 wheel attached. Waiting patiently for Oculus support
    [​IMG]

3. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

ha, i've got one of those for my playstation 1. At the time, it was a brilliant thing but took a long time to learn to use properly. it's not as intuitive as you might think.

4. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Racer

It's cheaper than golf...that's my comeback...and I'm not gone all day Sunday....ha ha...hmm, maybe I should get back into it.

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Even without the working shifter that's a pretty good deal for someone.

6. So i haven´t really looked through the whole thread but i can say that i really enjoy this game with an Xbox 360 controller (Bring the hate ^^). I can´t really say if i´m fast or not so i´ll just leave my rsr records here :) I can compete with wheel users for sure, just practice at some different combos a lot and you´ll be faster in notime ;)

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=4387

Edit: My WR at Monza 66 with the Zonda R if anyone wants to watch :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Hanzales likes this.