1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it time to be honest and critical about ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Mar 13, 2015.

1. in faxct i would prefer to not have any race end results page on my face, i prefer to be able to race to pits and then click to watch a results page if i want. or watch other people ending his race!
    Like a proper racing simulator should.

2. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

easy now fellas. I know we're still some miles to go before this sim becomes what it can.
    there's a couple things I want to point out.

-its already miles past the originally planned destination.

-consider what a huge outfit like polyphony digital released as a "full game" with GT6. it really was only half finished, and i'm not sure it's finished yet. (haven't been on since I got into AC).

-and, considering above, how a small team like KS can come up with such an outstanding driving sim is commendable to say the least.

-the foundation has been laid. they have an incredible base to build on, and they are building. I know we have "version 1" which is supposed to be the finished product. but we all know it just a stepping stone to better things to come. i'm fairly sure KS will keep implementing support and improvements for years to come, be patient.

3. on thing is an arcade ps3 or ps4 game , another one is a pc racing simulator, wich in the first place should have all above mentioned,

Pascalwb likes this.
  4. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

The DLC should have been released last year !.......

5. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

It's funny you say this because I agree 100%, but need to be honest in that I've been DREAMING of a sim that put the physics/modding support in early, and polished things up as it grew. Snoopy laid out the quality gaps quite nicely, spot on really. I guess I'd hope that there's a development roadmap floating around the Kunos office that includes some of this polishing work. Like mentioned, it's still the best hotlapper in town by lightyears.

On the DK2 support - you guys do NOT want any heavy investment in DK2 support. Ok we do selfishly, but hear me out... Valve/HTC are releasing the Vive this year (hopefully), and Oculus is clearly focused on CV1 development. Other players are coming to market too. New and substantially different graphics API's are on the horizon, as well as new GPU offerings to work directly with VR - so, substantial changes are coming requiring substantial investments in VR development on many fronts. I can see AC being one of THE reasons to buy the Vive, all things being steam related and such. Does this mean they can't fork over a simple VR menu for us DK2 users? I wish they would! I could see reasons not to get anyone too comfy with the DK2 though, future updates will likely necessarily break DK2 functionality anyways.

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I dont think is the fact they are a small team etc and they have done a good .. No .. Amazing job at getting ac where it is.. I think its more the half arsed, half thought through things which have been put in the game as an after thought . The flags for instance.. They cover the fuel light so you cant see yoir low fuel warning.. A warning that should be on your dash NOT in the hud.. Its the little things like that which really make a game stand out.. The pitstops, you cant build a pit strategy, you go into an external camera when in pits just to see the crew, why cant we just stay in the cockpit? If i want to see the crew, ill look left or right.

I know eventually it will be done right.. Well i hope it will.. But i dont see why they cant just introduce things one by one making them the best possible thing they can be rather than just rushing out something which is barely any use..

razmatazz and Pascalwb like this.
  7. my dream:

- AC physics;
    - PCARS graphics;
    - Features rFactor 2;
    - Sound RRE;
    - Mutiplayer of iRacing

8. Erwin

Erwin Racer

- being warped to the pits when driving from a runoff area to the track
    - getting a penalty for running wide onto the grass
    - no manual pit limiter
    - no false starts
    - few controller button bindings
    - kerbstone physics bug
    + new penalty system and flags is a step in the right direction

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Ive got pcars and the graphics are not what you see on all these pics.. To get anything like stable framerates it looks worse than assetto corsa..

I actually think the graphics on ac are good, i still prefer the look of iracing tho, its just crisp, clean and no thrills which is all i want in a racing game.. But i have started to enjoy the little post processing effects like the glare etc on ac. It really makes it look nice in replays.

10. I'd just really like brake temps and a handicap or ballast feature.

I only use AC for online play and to me it seems to do everything I need it to. I mean sure there are some touches that would be nice but probably aren't going to influence the gaming that much.

Maybe over the last 18 months AC updates have constantly delivered a better experience but now we are coming to the realisation that it's probably not going to get a he'll of a lot better (but is still great).

Leemstradamus likes this.
  11. Kunos, I think you've done an amazing job overall. You guys prioritized things well and got the project very far indeed.

I do hope that you'll spend some time polishing the rough edges. I'm sure you will succeed. There are a lot of minor details such as being able to set a user specified default setup, having a multi-line online chat, stuff like that would help. I know some of the seemingly simple stuff are very difficult to program in, such as being able to put the car in gear and have false starts, having AI which wants to get off line to pass, having the car engine stall... You guys have played all the other sims out there, you don't need to reinvent the wheel, just pick some of the best UI and features from other sims and use it, really.

Anyway, keep at it, you guys got it 90% there, won't take much more to take it over the hump!

12. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

13. Im happy with just the rFactor 2 Features!!

14. it's barely released for me, they aim to more people, but that other people they aim to, they probably don't even know about the forum existence, IMO.
    there are plenty of essential feature, named before, still missing, personally don't really care, since the core of the game is the driving itself. and they already know it, since most of them are as designed, meaning they want to tackle them with the best solution possible, maybe we think it's "easy" to allow to put first gear in the grid, but Aris or someone else already stated why it's that still in the current version.
    i would need more time to write but i can't complain about what this sim makes me feel, which is the best feeling in racing games ever.

William Sebastian likes this.
  15. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

But we have a laserscanned Nordschleife!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Lord Xaffax, Forged and Eero like this.
  16. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

This was long time coming, let the wrath unfold.

mistery likes this.
  17. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Love the AC and it's my number one sim currently.
    Here are my biggest criticisms >

Physics -
    On/off clutch, can't drive off the line normally, I can't recommend AC for some one who wants to learn how to drive with manual gearbox
    Can't stall the engine
    Can't roll over (except Robin), there is some built in limitation
    No suspension damage

Graphics
    Low quality shadows, even on ultra setting, looks good only ~2m around the car
    Very noticeable shadow popping in the distance
    Very noticeable LOD's change
    Low quality backfires and lights (on some cars), old HDR ones was much better
    Still some annoying model bugs witch hasn't been fixed for months, like Evora S too wide front tires, BMW 1m rear brake disc size, etc

MP
    Can't force specific tires
    No false starts
    No manual pit limiter
    +loots of other little things people are mentioning here

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys, i really can't understand your points.

It's a game that with some small amount of money you get :

1. Official cars and tracks to the very detail. Pay attention to words "official" and "detail".
    Name a game that does that.
    2. Best physics engine on market.
    3. Best graphic engine on market which plays even in old systems. Pcars isn't available yet.
    4. Best sound engine on market. Some will say that Raceroom does that but i strongly disagree. I own the game, sounds are generic and unrealistic.
    5. Totally usable MP experience.
    People asking for
    able to engage gear = *****s destroying races before they even begin.
    complete quali =*****s never let race to begin
    not warping back to pits when upside down = *****s to block race
    ignition = *****s that block race
    weather = feature will not used
    night = feature will not used
    (if not believe check public servers and name who they use old or even green tarmac a feature already available for a long tine)

Is AC perfect? NO.
    Is AC best car sim game out-there? Yes it is.
    Does AC costs only the same amount of money that other games requires for some cars or tracks (best scenario)? Yes it is.
    Is AC far superior game that everyone is ever hoped or thought? Yes it is.
    Is AC completely moddable? Yes it is (even modded cars got official!!!).
    Finally is AC made from passionate individuals that i am sure that they deliver even better stuff in the future? Yes it is.

So people stop complaining, think again what you get for the money you spend and be grateful.
    This game can only get better since it has solid foundations.

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

1. Iracing.. :/

20. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

liakjim: People want to use it for serious league races, It's called racing simulator.

Kunos need to work more on features. Their cars and tracks are amazing, but still so much basic stuff is missing. For example rolling start would be great, being able to finish flaying lap in Q, pit strategy, spectator mode, etc., we finally received flags (only graphical, but never mind), so we are on good way, but at this tempo it will take few years. I know Kunos can do it.