1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02e05

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nahkamarakatti, Sep 12, 2015.

1. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

Out of curiosity I just did a race against AI at 96% in the 240r s3 @ Mugello since I had just done a few online races in that combo. I was against 24 but started in 6th, and managed to get solidly into second leaving the chicane after t1. Me and the car in first were pretty much on our own at that point, and throughout the first lap I was catching up and I overtook him on the straight. I wasn't close enough to start overlapping him during the lap so he should have been lapping at full speed, yet I was still faster. I was in a completely default setup including fuel, and I wasn't abusing the AI either, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm not an exceptionally fast racer, and judging by the couple rsr times I have seen you post I am pretty sure you are faster than me, and I know you have much more experience. What types of cars have you been racing with? That might be where the difference is.

2. Lower the number of AI to 15 and start last; wait half a lap to start making passes and only then do it like you would against real people. (meaning don't dive bomb the corner entry and then stick yourself in a three wide situation)

Nick Moxley and F430_458_F12 like this.
  3. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

Why would I wait to pass if the cars are going slower on a straight? I would have to hold off on the throttle just to not pass more than 2/3 of the field before the first turn. I was passing the AI like I would real people. I said that I wasn't abusing them because passing like you would real people isn't always a good thing depending on the driver.

4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

How about you just do as kindly requested, You might be surprised. There's a reason he's asking you to hang back on the first lap.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  5. crosschris

crosschris Racer

Stefano mentioned he had sorted his v sync issues, is this new code we will all benefit from or was he talking about problems with his hardware?

6. mms

mms Alien

He got a new monitor, and that's when he had started to have some V-Sync issues, so I think it was more of a hardware issue than a software one...

Epocx and crosschris like this.
  7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I thought I read somewhere that he had actually made a code change, something to do with internal triple buffering perhaps. Anyway, since I read that, I've enabled in-game vsync, and it's now very smooth.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol, how do you get the idea that they react to the forum reactions like that? Classic forum rumour phenomenon. They implement a new model to come to terms with the load sensitivity anomaly. Reminder: currently, high speed turns in aero cars are too fast and easy to take because the additional aero load is too effectively keeping the car in shape. IRL the more aero load you add, the smaller the grip increase.
    As for the ABS: I don't know how it is now...independent wheels, independent axles or all wheels the same. But I'm sure the changes are not done to please the community but to increase realism.
    I know that the 458 Italia ABS feels perfectly fine, very effective and predictable.

Seria17hri11er, Mogster, mms and 4 others like this.
  9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

When I see the stream and then Stefano says that he will show us a new car I realize how much I miss the external view of the car (the camera rotating around the car) during loading and before starting to drive! I hate the new videos of the track. I want to see the beautiful new cars!!! :(:rolleyes:

10. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

When you click drive, hit F5 and hold right-click. Problem solved. ;)

Epocx likes this.
  11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

As far as the ABS goes it seems we're reverting to the original magic ABS that lets you stomp hard on the pedal and trail brake to your hearts content. I don't see how the dev's responding to community feedback is such an outrageous suggestion.

12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you for the info and I know that this is not a big problem of course, but I would like to know why this will be changed in the new version at all. In the past you could see the external view of the car (before jumping into the cockpit) without having to click/hit/hold anything. It was like in EVERY other sim/racing game and made sense for me.

Did anyone in the forum complain about this and say "Please hide your beautiful modeled high quality car models and show us parts of the track (and some 2D trees and 2D spectators) instead!"?
    I would just like to know why Kunos spent time in coding for changing something that no one has demanded (and doesn't make sense at all IMHO) although they have hundreds of things with higher priority.

I hope I don't sound harsh because I love AC; I just can't see the sense behind the decision to eliminate the cars, that's all...

13. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Oh, is that so? Well sir, I have just found the secret message that you have embedded in that post...

"I hope I don't sound harsh because I love AC; I just can't see the sense behind the decision to eliminAte the Cars, that's all..."

You are clearly a heretic.
    :D

I'm really surprised 64bit is coming so soon. Can't wait to see it run.

14. mms

mms Alien

And some others would probably prefer the beautiful new track(s) lol. Now they need to add a button to be able to switch between the track view and car view :eek:

And you will be surprised to see that nothing is different :p

15. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Agre with you mate.
    Would be great if at start we see car and track after race ends on the score screen...

Also the car description should be a tab in the car setup, by this way we can read car description everytime we need it even if missed to read at start...

Mike1304 likes this.
  16. Epocx

Epocx Alien

unrelated to the discussion but relevant :D
    [​IMG]

mangal, Kristaps, Jebus and 7 others like this.
  17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is a poster in my office :D

f_deutsch, Epocx and Brownninja97 like this.
  18. plaid

plaid Alien

Did you ever saw a race where the camera rotates one of the MANY CARS particpating? Thats ok for a driving/hotlap/trackday-sim, but for a racin/motorsportsim what you can tsee in the video is the right thing to do. Besides if I want to see amazing detail I look at photos or videos of the real car. :p

I hope its a first attempt of recreating the atmosphere you have in a race, not one lonely driver on a circuit.

I really appreciate it. From all this "highly realistic" PC-sims PCars is the clostet to recreate the feeling of actually particpate in motorsport and not a dry one man show.
    ATmopsphereis a key to a overall good title.

[Alternatively citing in the insides of the pitswith your crew in FPV and drive it out of it would be neat to].

19. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Pcars realistic......Lol.

nate likes this.
  20. plaid

plaid Alien

Read proplerly then respond. Its about the atmosphere not the physics.

And even this title leaves much space you could fill.

Jebus and Vítor Sousa like this.