1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E1 - Hold The Balloon

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PuffTheMagicBelgian, May 28, 2016.

1. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special - E02 Aug 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01 Jul 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E07 Jul 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E06 Jul 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E05 Jul 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E04 Jun 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E03 Jun 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e06 Sep 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e05 Sep 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e04 - let's race Sep 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02 e03 Aug 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02eo2 Aug 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e01 - the placebo defect Aug 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s01e10 - season finale Aug 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in s01e08 - spin baby Jul 29, 2015

3. i've got all my questions written down already, the one that starts with R, the one with N and what was the other one...? Baloons are already here to stay so I'll just delete that one :D

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

well after nords you should say a question that starts with H

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  5. NightEye

NightEye Alien

Rain, Nords VLN and...H?
    I want an I. The i from immersion. Working lap counters, pit lights, waving race flags, working semaphores (on official tracks as on any proper mod track they work), etc. The thumbnail might suggest working animated objects? Like windmills, ferris wheels, etc. Would be great :D

Lawndart and eXo like this.
  6. All that stuff would be great except for the fact that the average simracer can't drive for **** and the last thing they need is more distractions.

grandepunto likes this.
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Oh... I'd actually like to see marshals waving flags, together with an optional more elaborate flag system. That sure would enhance immersion quite a bit. Nothing new I know. But I just recently noticed again how the flag system ingame throws me off and distracts me, and have to ignore real life rules during racing (yellow flag for example). Optional crew radio would also a neat thing.

Before long this is yet another wishlist thread, sorry! :p

8. It is not a wishlist...it is simply getting prepared for the Q&A session. :D

Seria17hri11er and Epistolarius like this.
  9. ArYeS

ArYeS Gamer

Oh my god, europe friendly timezone. Ty for moving to netherlands

10. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

You know what? Its like a second christmas for me.
    1. season 3 is REAL!!
    2. I can watch the live stream the first time LIVE as a german (YT live was locked there before)
    3. the stream will have a much higher quality!!

Salad Fingers and f1webberfan like this.
  11. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

oh yeah didnt live streams get unbanned in germany a short while back.

Ästhetiker likes this.
  12. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

yes, finally they unbanned it.

13. So, here are my questions regarding R and N...

Does Ronaldo deserve this champions league?

Does Napoli has any chance to win it next year?

Lol

Sent using Tapatalk

liakjim likes this.
  14. ga2jo

ga2jo Racer

I am not sure I'll be able to watch the stream today so I put my question here:

@Lord Kunos: Previously on "Look what cat hacked in" (in season 2, I believe), you said you were thinking about modifying the way the different versions of cars (production cars, tuned S1, S2, etc.)
    appear in the game to implement something closer to the way multiple configurations of tracks are handled

Could you tell us more about this please?
    Are you still considering it, be it for the short, mid or long term?

If so, would it be used for visual parts too (optional or different parts, like spoilers, wings, mirrors, etc.
    or even for LHD/RHD versions of a car)?

Would it be something more or less like the genstring system in ISI-based games (rFactor, GTL, GTR2, etc.)
    where different 3D objects are called, loaded and displayed with digits and letters in a text (.ini) file?
    Or are you considering something entirely different?

Thanks for answering (if you want to, of course ;))

Ufo aka Juggalo and Epistolarius like this.
  15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I think this is a feature that would help modding a metric ton if it was done, we would easily be able to go granturismo style and make 10,000 variants of a car without butchering our HDDs

Ufo aka Juggalo and Epistolarius like this.
  16. I can answer you the H question, is Hamilton gonna win the Monaco GP? Hell yeah

Sent using Tapatalk

17. cooknn

cooknn Alien

R = Red Bull sucks at pit stops :eek:

Lawndart, eXo and Mike1304 like this.
  18. yeah, the AI pits better :D

NightEye, eXo and cooknn like this.
  19. I find today really hard to stay focused on what Stefano said. Maybe the lack of camera, but it was a lot confusing this episode to me, also just by trying to listen. Don't kno why :eek:
    Nice to see new features, like brake temps ;)

20. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Multiplayer replays are on the list too.

Michele Papis and Guidofoc like this.
  21. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I missed couple things (mostly from Q&A), but here's what I managed to "catch" from the stream:

- he was using 1.7 version
    - new functionality of Performance Delta app - shows you (graph) if you are faster or slower in the part of the track you are currently on
    - track temps and grip (he's not sure if grip will be there) added to Realtime app
    - temp during a session isn't constant anymore, it will change as the session progresses
    - plans to add wind
    - basic code for brake temps done, disc temps showed in the telemetry app
    - not sure if brake temps will be in 1.7 and if yes then not sure if in all cars
    - plan to eventually redesign time system (sector times, who's going for a hotlap in the delta app)

From Q&A:

- plan to delete the "teleport to pits after the race" thing
    - plan to add forced pits as a rule
    - no plans for rolling starts
    - question about better soft lock - "yeah I agree it sucks as it is now" but also said he's not sure how to make it less "violent" - word used in Q
    - LCD screen flags - he thought about it, but not really about animated marshals with flags (also part of the Q)
    - they don't know when the next update is going to be released
    - think about expanding the team
    - would love to have weather transitions, but it's tricky

Next stream will probably be next week.

Thanks for doing it again, Stefano.