1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02e06

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nahkamarakatti, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Ohh, i suspected RSR as well. Thanks.

Alberto Llinares likes this.
  2. Thanks for clearing that up when i read i thought that sounds like a feature on ac2 can do , but i put the comment in this thread to get it cleared lol.

3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Did I miss something or where is the external view of the car? Since latest update I don't see car anymore...

4. They decided to use the track cam instead.

5. Yes, I preferred seeing the car from the outside though. Now, there is also no sound at all when starting a session, which is a bit weird at first.

6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Bad decision in my opinion. They make such nice car models and then don't show them! This is the first game/sim where you don't see your car (without having to watch replays)! Would be nice if we could get an option at least to switch between track view and car view as it has been already programmed (as shown in Stefanos stream), so not much work to do for Kunos to implement...

7. F5 is your friend.

I preferred the car view also, but it doesn't really matter.

8. nonnex

nonnex Alien

9. plaid

plaid Alien

Thats cause there are no ambientsounds.

I personally would make it this way: When entering a race you see the current cam showing parts of the track, then (practice/quali/trackday-session) go into the pits where you enter the car FPS-like or simply start inside and before a race showing the grid for a moment (till the start lights show up).

eXo and Epocx like this.
  10. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I guess someone who had the know how could simply alter the track cams per track to be in the location of the pits, however that wouldn't work for hotlap when you start before the final corner etc.

11. Epocx

Epocx Alien

I cant believe a fps style look on the car is out of the question.
    It was an amazing idea. when else you gonna see the car that nicely
    But i guess there were technical issues with different pit boxes beeing to narrow and stuff???

I think we should rally for this feature and make a seperate thread for it. (Not to be a pain in the ***, but we are the users)
    Havent come around to it yet though, it also needs the video where Stefano showed it with exact starting time. It looked soo good already...

On a similar note.. why cant we look around in the normal cockpit view.
    like we need a button where you can switch to mouse view(just rotation up down left right) and look around with the mouse similar to the showroom but with normal mouse speed.
    Its a missing feature for sure!!!

We cant look at the cars kunos put so much hour into, its kind of heartbreaking!!!! (showroom sucks, you know it lol)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    cerebralvortex likes this.
  12. Again, F5 and F7 already let you look anywhere you want.

13. Epocx

Epocx Alien

are you kidding me?
    no it wont. with dev apps on maybe.

you cant even look at your own feet.
    not with f5 or f7

and i dont want to look anywhere,
    i want to look around in the seat similar to dk2 people.

how is that so hard to understand. its immersion. not a floating camera on the bumper.
    thats core for a simulation, to give you the feel you are there! (not complaining here but just passionate about it)

eXo likes this.
  14. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Hows TrackIR working?
    Well ok its not that what you want maybe, but... no need of buttons and hands are free for driving.

15. [​IMG]

G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
    Assetto_corsa.ini
    [CAMERA]
    ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=1

Glaurung and grandepunto like this.
  16. I noticed yesterday evening that Luca was doing a couple test streams on Twitch, do you reckon he might be doing something similar to Stefano's streams? Would be great to get even more insight behind the scenes.

http://www.twitch.tv/lucasodano

17. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

What? Arent simulations generally known for rather dry presentation and lack of immersive features, because sim devs for the most part have to spend their time on stuff thats really "core for a simulation"?
    A mouselook feature like in GTR2 would be a nice thing to have for sure tho and it has been suggested before, not sure if devs noticed or if they consider it not worth it.

18. Epocx

Epocx Alien

there is a reason why this is in an ini file....

-if the car moves your camera is f'ed
    -you are in cockpit but hear external sounds (f7)
    -no mouse smoothing whatsoever
    -unusable without holding shift to slow it down

and literally nobody of the 100k+ users know that

ps: i already could do it with spherical coords, but assetto corsa is not early access anymore!!!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  19. Epocx

Epocx Alien

console version sure needs something like it but my main point was
    about the amazing fps look on your car.... that we should not get attached to ... good idears stuck, whatcha gonna do???

20. baboon

baboon Alien

Sure would be nice if he would fill the gap until Stefano starts his next season of streaming. But I guess it's not intended to become something like the streams of Stefano.