1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife Bug

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by L2D Godzilla, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael just posted a video of him driving on the PC version with the same thing happening (and even if it was the AI driving, in 1.8 they don't use SC anymore)....

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I may have missed something but nowhere in the thread I saw it being mentioned as AI or RI. Micheal seems to have also assumed it was AI with his earlier post so I would think his video later was AI.

The OP never said if its AI or him (maybe Im blind which is always possible)

Are you sure AI in 1.8 dont use sc any more? I thought in one of the streams Stefano said it may have been disabled shortly after a collision for a couple seconds or so (again not sure but is a vague memory) Most likely its still used for their general driving as they are AI.

I saw lots of RI unable to get around Imola in gt2 cars with the aids disabled in my server so have little hope for AI without sc. At nords most RI cant get around a lap so AI with no SC there. :eek::D

Ideally in bug posts people should be more clear about the issue and give info on all settings to help others be able to recreate the issue. The vagueness here means we need to all guess what the actual issue and conditions are. It makes it a fun game and discussion but as a bug report its quite a fail.

3. AI should be measurably more consistent than RI....that shouldn't even be an argument.

Regardless, Michael said "It occurs on PC also when you take it flat out", implying that he was the one taking it flat out. Either way, it's still an indisputable issue with the game.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes its an issue clearly, I will give it a try later and its odd if that happens with us driving. I also launched off a couple ramps yesterday on another track in a server with nothing like that going on. I drove Nords in hypercars not long ago and also didnt notice that.

If its AI its an issue but a very different one. With us all needing to read into others posts and guess the key aspects in a bug thread is another issue that can be easily fixed. ;)

5. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

GT academy driver in real car.

#never_lift in a porsche.

bradleyland and mxu79 like this.
  7. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Ayrton Senna anyone... Just because it can't be handled by some doesn't mean it's not possible, just hasn't been done yet. I still don't see where I was in any trouble of losing control or going airborne, I made the next corner even, seems you guys want to defend an unrealistic physic that has no official reason to prove your case. Of course it's me, geez pretty obvious it's me by myself on the track. Why would I care about AI that nobody on the planet has perfected yet in any field, talk about not using your noggin. So I guess this is why the amateurs stick around longer.

Like your GTR video that was caused by the excessive aero not the rear bouncing strangely into the air so debunked... The porsche driver just went in and lost control from his own driver error, once again not the reason for my experience. There's no driver error involved in my situation it's the games'. FYI that guy in the GT Academy car would almost guaranteed make you look really slow on any racing sim you could think of, there's a reason he's in that car and you're not...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im not saying the orginal video doesnt show an issue. That weird roll in the air makes no sense. You posting videos of standard road cars going over the crest proves nothing as they also have no issue in AC.

Not using your noggin would be making an abstract post open to others interpretation and trying to figure out all the actual relevent info you felt your bug report didnt need.

bradleyland likes this.
  9. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Oh my bad if you thought that would happen in real life. Mclaren P1 is a standard road going car, are you saying there is some magical difference between a road car and race car that makes this happen?

10. It happened to me on friday in the elite trackday on that same track. Fore sure is a bug.

11. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Oh look, race car:

Can't...quite..read...windscreen.... Here's another couple:

12. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

This happened to me with Nissan GTR GT3 but was way "violently" and i look the replay from differend angles... And what i can say...this is not normal! The rear of the car not hit nothing and on the wheel i feel it like a hit...but anyway is not posible you rear side fly so strange...almost i do a roof land...

13. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

My guess there is some kind of extra bump/hole in the track mesh. I've experienced this with mod cars when collider hit the ground(mesh). It was like year ago so thought this was fixed (at least on PC side).

14. For me it started from 1.8 - not serious issue but looks and feel quite unrealistic (prefer old type of behaviour)

15. BBernes

BBernes Racer

The problem is that the jump causes massive lift and you have to slow down.
    That lift can create havoc on cars ESP and ABS systems.

16. Orne

Orne Alien

Shame we can't get a repave... :eek:o_O lulz

http://www.racingcircuits.info/pro/news/2015/08/20/nordschliefe-speed-limits-to-be-lifted-in-2016/

Temporary speed limits imposed on sections of the Nürburgring Nordschleife will be lifted next year following circuit improvements and safety upgrades. Owners Capricorn Nürburgring GmbH say a total of 16 changes will be made to the world-famous circuit, all intended to improve safety, particularly for spectators.

The speed limits at Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz and Antoniusbuche (200 km/h) and Döttinger Höhe (250 km/h) were brought in following the accident in the opening VLN race in which a spectator was killed when a GT3 car left the track and entered a spectator zone at Flugplatz.

Prime among the changes will be the resurfacing of 500 metres of the Flugplatz to smooth five of the largest bumps, reducing the chances of a repeat of a car becoming airborne and leaving the track. Additional safety barriers will be added, including a section of FIA safety fencing alongside Döttinger Höhe, to provide additional protection for the main road which runs alongside the circuit.

17. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Seriously how can some of you justify this you can clearly see thats not just lift off but some sort of artificial gravity twisting and pulling the car back down , I know a lot of you like to wear those rose tints but justifying this is laughable.

It's not meant to happen guys just be honest

bradleyland likes this.
  18. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

I hate to say but you are wrong. It happens often in real world motorsport, I see you have high hope on GTS coming 2017 right? (Whereas I am not...) so you must know who is Jann Mardenborough, right? He killed a guy when driving a Nissan GT-R GT3 at the exact uphill of the road in your video

He went airborne due to some sort of downforce problem and later Nordschleife was restricted at a limited speed for a while since that accident

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Clearly the rotation in air is an issue, I dont think anyone thinks thats normal.

I didnt have a chance to test this on the pc but will do tomorrow. Are any of the guys getting the weird rotation in flight issues running stability control at any level?

We had a league race at eastern creek tonight on the PC version obviously and between races had a bit of an expression session launching off a ramp there. The only weirdness we were getting was car resets to pits before it even stops. No weird rolls or rotations after the launch but the launches are much bigger then what you get at flugplatz.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If you dont know the difference between a hyper car doing 300kmh+ and a road car at 220-240kmh in the same section, then nobody can really help you. :D

The crest is only an issue for cars going very fast. The P1 is much faster then a gt3 car there incase you hadnt noticed.