1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife Bug

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by L2D Godzilla, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Please prove me wrong and get the PC version, your claiming some far out stuff yet havent tried the pc version just as I haven't tried the console version. The devs say its running the same code so I see little reason to think otherwise. There may be a tyre model variation between build but the gap has never been anything more then a second or so from all builds.

I took the time to take on your silly challenge, you then discount that for multiple reasons even though your time on rsr would be 17th of 23. Far from being quick only just the lower end of average way below where you rate yourself. I then tried to recreate your issue and was only possible with SC on, I will have more attempts later with SC off and will say here if I managed to cause that bug. But in any case if your driving this car flat throttle over the crest your doing it very wrong. The rotation is a bug likely with sc, possibly a collision issue and either way can be addressed. Going full speed over the crest in this car once is understandable, repeating the same process every time expecting a different result is pretty much a sign of madness.

Here are the tests I did, this is with stability control off only factory ABS enabled. I assume you say this cant be done and you dont ever get this, again I am assuming as your first post is rather void of any relevant info.

Here is the recreation of the bug only possible so far with SC on, it was at 100% in this video. Very weird rotation in flight of 100's of laps its the first I have seen it. Its also the first lap I have done with SC on so seems quite likely to be the reason. It is the only thing I have done differently and recreates the issue exactly.

OldGeezerGamer likes this.
  2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

About asphalt.
    Temperature will be totally dependable by sun's radiation.
    Asphalt has as material really big emissitivity factor. As such will absorb energy from sun.
    As such it's very common to have hot asphalt even on a cold day as long as it's sunny.
    You can try to touch cement or asphalt on a sunny day. It will be really hot.
    ( actually in Greece in summer on a sunny day, it could be so hot that some times you can feel your shoes partially melting while walking on the road!!! )

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Regarding the SC it seems that was just a fluke :oops: I tried another 7 attempts with SC on at full speed over the crest and didnt recreate the weird roll. Its likely a collision issue but the main reason I never came across the issue is by being able to figure out how to deal with excessive lift in a car. Going full throttle over that crest will never work out well in the p1 and many other cars, if you were in a real car that you knew would have some nose lift then you would back off. Even in AC you would lose so much more time by getting the front way in the air and mostl likely not make the next corner its pointless to let the car do this.

Getting the front to lift is not the bug its just when the car does that weird rotation that is a bug but can be easily avoided by driving in a way that avoids the big lift. Even if the collision bug is fixed it wont really have any impact on normaly driving as touching the road with the rear wing should be the end of the car no matter what if damage was realistic.

Here is the SCG showing it getting nose lift at schwedenkreuz which is another place this can happen in AC if you go too fast over the crest.

4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

There clearly is no helping some people! Something odd is going on, I waste an hour of my life trying to recreate the bug and post the results to receive abuse.

I would suggest the OP posts a video from multiple angles so it can be seen exactly what is happening and when (as they are the only ones suffering the problem)...Assetto Corsa doesn't give much flexability in cameras at this point on the Nordschelife, but the live run (with hud) two TV cameras and chase may be a good idea,

The only time I have seen the car roll when I am playing (yes I have 20:20 vision and am not blind) comes from the car touching down with the nose up and being launched into the air again, the clip I posted clearly shows a bug, it might not be the one the OP is after but a bug never the less.

I couldn't get the GTR to misbehave at all only the P1 and the La Ferrari.

Moving swiftly along...

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Who has given you any abuse? Clearly its not an easily repeatable bug and at least someone else finally said this.

The first post shows 2 videos with no further info then the OP went to another level claiming he gets the bug because he is the fastest or something which nobody really cares about.

I just wanted to test and found not only the bug is real hard to reproduce with silly driving and so far impossible in normal driving.

I cant see the bug reproducable at all in normal driving. And this should have been stated along with a proper bug report describing what game settings he had and how to recreate it. If he said its needing a full throttle launch off the crest and even then its a 1 in 50 shot its a little different to something that happens with normal driving as collision bug or not your not making the next corner with that apporach.

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Apologies I should of made a quote, hopefully have time to edit...

7. I think this is a prime example of the absolute nonsense threads which are now plaguing these forums nowadays. This should have been a simple bug report thread, instead we have 7 pages of trolling, abuse and general drama over nothing.

If this type of 'discussions' are not going to be closed - or the culprits behind them not going to be banned - then please allow us the option the ignore threads, as shown it is possible for this type of forum in another thread. This place is becoming more hostile by the day, and its just not necessary.

@kevin.maatman

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

I have reacted to this matter.

-Kevin

9. Thank you, much appreciated.

10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Thread locked due to argumentative behaviour between players. Please refrain from name calling and using inappropriate language. Thanks!