1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife Bug

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by L2D Godzilla, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Um well thats RSR pro mode settings where all can compare laptimes on equal settings, noticed the P next to the time. The invalid laps seeing this is in hotlap mode means the lap after completing the hotlap is invalid even though I stopped just across the line and went again. Notice how many km were ran at 44km total. In hotlap you also start on near the tourist start line so this adds some distance to the lap, RSR counts any lap you dont complete as invalid. Running soft tyres there wasnt much point doing 2 consecutive laps and at any point if you either stop or go back to pit the lap is invalid. So for 2 seperate timed laps there will always be 2 invalid laps even if you never cut the track. ;) Auto clutch is on by default in the car as it uses sequential transmission and has no manual clutch. TC at 0% means it is off, ABS at whatever percent just shows the level its at and that is factory default ABS.

Here is the Zonda going over the crest with no aids other then factory ABS if that was on. A slight lock of wheels on landing but over the crest it does as expected. Video uploading so may take another 10 minutes or so before you can see it.

Also my channel doesnt have any public viewable gaming videos but you can see a few in this thread if for some reason you want to see some. https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/xgn-com-au-league-race-videos.13408/

2. The physics engine is the same on both PC and consoles...and objectively speaking, the grip between the two is pretty much identical (in actuality the car is most definitely on the exact same tire model on the PC and Consoles - V7 as introduced in V1.5 of AC)...which would make sense considering the similarity in cornering speeds in this video.

So in fact your statement was, in your own words, "just another misguided guess from someone in the [console] area"...

First of all, track temps in AC have very little effect on tire temperature generation -and no effect at all on track grip- (there have been quite a few threads on the PC forum questioning how accurate the implementation is), so there's little to be gained from raising the temps. Second of all, those temps (26, 37) are the default in recent versions of AC...no "heat mods" needed....so Marty's lap is just as legitimate as yours....just a lot quicker.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

This has alreacy been confirmed numerous times as not being the case I also have much proof now that we are basically on the base build of AC since there's fixes in the PC equivalent patch that will address the same things on PS4 so you're wrong. Hey Mart, I don't see you're rear flying upwards when you're going so fast, looks to me your going faster than I am in the GT3 GTR so why didn't you get the rear thrown around? It's as fast as a race car like someone stated before being the cause.....

4. If you can provide that proof it'd be nice, but as it stands I just posted a video of the console and pc versions running an essentially identical laptime with essentially identical cornering speeds, so even if the version of AC on the consoles is much older than 1.5 (which it isn't), the end results (laptimes/cornering speeds) are the same.

UntrainedN00B01 and martcerv like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You have some pretty crazy issues, notice the time ahead isnt marked pro? Pro mode means it needs to be 26c ambient temp, lower ambient actually makes more power so it would be faster. I see your type all the time, claim to be the fastest then if someone shows your not you think they are cheating. RSR is very strict on anti cheat and anyone in any way caught cheating gets banned. 26/37 is basically clear weather at 2pm earlier in the morning will set a cooler track temp and as thats what most laps are set at then thats what it is. If you check the RSR thread you can see how I have been asking to make all pro mode (aka fixed settings to compare all) be at a set track temp along with ambient. For some reason they have allowed you to adjust track temp by simply changing time of day which is in no way a cheat. It would be ideal if RSR pro was at a fixed time of day for all too and dont talk about the time ahead of me but how far behind you are. :D I never said I was the fastest but Im not slow, you said you will be at least 5 seconds faster then all the guys in this thread. I couldnt have set a more legit laptime yet your still claiming cheating or whatever, the only reason I ran a lap and posted it here is to show how far off the actual pace you are. I hadnt ran that combo so wanted to see how fast you actually were as you talk yourself up pretty well.

I think many cars like the Hypercars actually got slower in 1.8 with v10 tyres too, but the one thing I like most about your amazing skills is you saying you have only ever completed 2 clean laps in AC, then talk yourself up as something special, this doesnt matter the build or anything. There may be some differences in the PC and console but this will be very minimal as they run the same physics and track mesh. Its not 17 seconds difference by any stretch no matter how much you hope your not as slow as I just pointed out you are.

6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

How exactly do you get 37 degree track temps with 26 degree air temps, do the tracks have heaters? This is a very interesting detail especially since the highest track temp on console is 31 degrees with ambient temp at 36 degrees. So you're saying you make more power because of cooler air temp whilst having more grip from an unrealistic track temperature? Answer that.

Oh but now you say there's minimal differences which you cannot even prove since you don't seem to have touched the console version, when just before you were saying they were identical. Give me a break, I gave you credit for your (questionable) time, stop making yourself look bad by making up nonsense and taking my comments out of context like every other delusional troll needs to in order to justify their argument.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If you haven't noticed he provides no proof at all to back his statements, he then dismisses all info posted by others or makes up some far out claims to try and make his opinion (with no evidence at all to back this up) as the truth. He is simply stuck in his own views and nothing anyone can provide even if its exactly what he asks for can be used to back their side of the argument. He again needs to bring nothing and prove nothing, nobody else can possibly bring anything in that can prove their point or his view as wrong.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Your the one making things up, try change time of day and see how that effects your track temp. Have you ever seen real track temps get to over 60c? this is fairly common in Australia in summer and the track temp is directly influenced by the sun. Later in the day with a clear sky it will get more heat in a place with fairly low humidity, get some cloud cover and track temp will drop pretty much instantly same as once the sun starts to set. Early morning for obvious reasons you may find hard to understand the track temp will still be cooler as the sun has had less time to heat it up. ;)

You know real world physics that games and sims are trying to simulate is how track temp can get so hot. :D In AC its still fairly simplified but tries to follow the real world model at a very basic level and in hotlap mode you are limited to what conditions you get but you can set up an mp server with any temps you want so times set in MP are basically less valid, also if in a race or MP you can gain a big advantage in the draft and at Nords with any car down dottinger hohe you can easily gain a couple seconds in a draft.

The fairest comparison of lap times is fixed hotlap conditions and I would be able to beat your time easily at lower track temps, those 5c track temp is not likely to be worth even 1 second in the laptime and simply doing another lap at lower temps I would still likely gain speed over my last lap time which is far from pushing the limits.

9. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I do not know how this simulation works but the air temperature and surface temperature will not be the same in the real world. The radiant heat from the sun causes different heat signatures based on color of the surface. The blackest part of the asphalt will have a much higher temperature.

10. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

AHAHAHA i'm making things up? Show me where and quote it all so you can't try and take it out of context again champ...

Yeah they hit that temperature once the ambient hits high enough that the tarmac can generate/regulate it's on temperature, you don't get 40 degree track temperatures at 26 degrees air temperature, it's called science dude. Even if you could, why is the max for console 36 air temp, 31 track temp regardless of time/temp settings...oh wait you don't have the console version do you... Try getting on PS4 first, then maybe more than one ounce of your input would be credible to console players. I really think i'm going to buy this for PC just so I can show you who's who since i've got the gaming PC and you probably can't afford a console/compatible wheel/game copy at the whim of a challenge or a single sim. we'll see what happens with 26degree air temps and 37 degree track temps, I love how you're now explaining basic science and recing technique like you think the world is not smarter than you and has not evolved to a point where we all have easy access to the same information. Though I doubt you've had very much access at all to real performance cars othewise you wouldn't be reposting the same learner gibberish in a thread clearly beyond that.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I just did test the p1 here and went WTF nothing is happening, its getting massive front lift as expected if full throttle over the crest and no way of ever making the corner next. But there is no weird rotation in the air, so I then went and tested what I suspected to be the issue in the first place. Its either AI as they have stability control enabled or RI with Stability control enabled. I have a video coming to expose the issue as clearly an issue only when using stability control which as I said is clearly a fake aid. @L2D Godzilla is talking about my lap settings when they are full legit pro mode times on RSR clearly set to show he is way off pace. Next video will prove 100% the issue is only for people running the stability control aid which is only there for complete noobs that cant drive.

I tried multiple times with SC off at normal pace Id take over the crest, then 1 full throttle attempt and was amazed how that replicates the famous GTR incident nearly perfectly. Then a normal run as someone that understands the crest will cause issues and actually go over the crest in a way to minimize lift and also be the fastest way through the section.

Then I tried just one attempt with SC at 100%, an aid I have never used before and amazingly it does exactly like the video in the first post. This clearly proves stability control is enabled in that video and that L2D is so slow while even using the most fake assist available in AC. He is talking about track temps in my lap yet he cant stay on track and uses SC to top it off. I hope the thread stays open long enough for me to make the video. :D

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Please don't talk about science, intelligence trolling etc. when you are completely talking out of your arse in every aspect. Now we are going the real driving level, im sorry you have nothing backing a single one of your claims and I would be fairly certain my real world track experience exceeds yours so please dont dig yourself another hole. You have already convinced most here you are a fool so put the shovel down and stop digging. :D

13. BBernes

BBernes Racer

0:34 For asphalt

14. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Now you're comparing astroturf to tarmac? C,mon are you serious? Is this a joke I don't get? Oh wait I see now, so show me one at 26 ambient and asphalt at 37 or 40 like in the PC versions please. Then I might believe the track temps thing is real, but that does not explain the 36air/31track on console no matter the time or settings.
    I hope you have 100% proof i'm using stability control otherwise now you're just deliberately lying to make yourself feel better, you cannot prove what I am as I never show any of my assists so really you are lying, proof or move along....

15. The issue happens no matter if stability is on or off.
    Just like on page one, here is a vid using no assists.

Anyways, there is plenty of evidence to show that a bug is present; how high up the priority list it is seeing as how it doesn't happen during correct driving is anybody's guess.
    (I can't believe you guys are wasting time out of your lives to humor a troll with lap times; it is apparent that console forum users can't be banned, so might as well ignore and move on)

L2D Godzilla likes this.
  16. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Thanks for proving he was completely wrong and making up everything he was saying aka flat out lying, so no longer is his word considered trustworthy. Cheers one to add to the ignore list. HAHAHA correct driving, I like that but what you call that i'd call something else.

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I tried multiple attempts to recreate the issue with no success, turning on stability control recreates it exactly and does the weird stuff exactly.

I suspect AI would do this quite easily as they use SC, I will try even more attempts with SC off but in 5 attempts its not even close so please someone post the way to recreated the issue with sc off. That is the point of a bug thread and if its easily reproduced with SC on every time and not possible with sc off for me so far its pretty conclusive. You may be in a server with SC forced on without knowing, it is a sever side option I have never used on my server and I dont know if there is a way to disable it if forced on. Its possible the console version may be forcing SC on for some but I suspected it was sc causing this. I have done many laps at Nords in all types of cars and the first time I have ever had that bug is the only time I have ever ran with SC on. ;)

I am making a video showing my tests and its hard to dispute what it shows, clearly I cant show Sc is on in the video as it doesnt even come up in game if running as far as I can see. Also in replays it doesnt show aids used but I cant reproduce the issue with sc off. The laps in the Zonda reacted much the same as in the p1, the p1 has more front lift but no rotation in the air unless SC is enabled.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yea Im lying by doing the test trying to recreate your issue, unable to do so unless I turn on stability control. I have never seen the issue in my servers by anyone else running these cars either. Simple fact is SC is disabled in those and nobody has ever made mention in my Nords server this being an issue. You can add me to the ignore list as it will make you feel better, I have yet to see you show anything but your doing your best to discount all I say.

19. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Using the PC version as comparison is your problem, always has been, always will be, if you didn't get that from the beginning you needed to read better.
    Doing my best? I didn't need to do anything, Michael did it all for me. Get the console version before you comment next. I really don't want to have to buy this on PC and experience all the extra goodies we won't get on console just to prove you wrong.

20. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

If you guys keep making drama I shut the thread down and the playground is over.

For once grow up and be mature. I should not be writting this so dont make me do it again as the next time I react will be to write a list of everyone that has been removed from the forums.

If you cant discuss like normal mature people, leave.