1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 pro

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by wilo28, Sep 10, 2016.

1. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

Are there any plans to support it? Is it a possibility that the better hardware can enable things like:

more cars on track

60fps locked

Higher resolution

I sure hope so, tomb raider will feature a 1080p/60 mode, a 4k/30 mode and a 1080p/30 with all the graphics effects. This I think would be a great addition to the game.

Skemekos123 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro not updating ACC version. Jul 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ps4 pro players..forgotten ? Feb 21, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Replay options PS4 pro (scrolling the timeline + watch specific lap) Dec 24, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro Graphics Dec 22, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 60 FPS Finally On PS4 Pro At 1080p Apr 19, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC ps4 multiplayer problemi Feb 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 vs PS4 PRO Feb 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300rs Ps4 FFB problem Jan 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro CE-34878-0 error on 1080p Nov 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions [PS4 pro] Freezes in career mode Nov 2, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro - 4k vs 1080P Oct 11, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox one x v ps4 pro framerate Sep 30, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Misano problem Jul 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC PS4 Career Race Mandatory PIT STOP Bug/Problem Jul 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G29 ps4 pro Jul 27, 2020

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

There is zero chance ever of the game running at 30fps regardless of anything, i imagine if they did support it then it would increase the graphical fidelity and maybe increase the single player car count, they cant change multiplayer as it would break it for the normal ps4 users.

4. on the tomb raider running 4K@30fps its quite misleading as its not native 4k. its still upscaled to 4k using custom rendering techniques that gives better image quality than a basic upscale. With the ps4 pro the issue will still be the cpu its the same cpu found in the ps4 only it has a higher clock speed

5. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

Shouldn't it be enough to lock the framerate at a solid 60 though? Maybe add better resolution shadows, better grass ect...

Skemekos123 likes this.
  6. for AC it should be enough to lock the framerate not sure about other effects though it really depends if its worthwhile for the devs to do it

7. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Just found out that the PS4 Pro will not have a UHD drive. Won't be able to play 4K movie discs! What the heck is that!?
    What's the point then? Huge disappointment. For me, there's no point in the new PS4 then. The XBOX One S even has a UHD drive. Sony! Stoopid!
    I hope they come to their senses on this one and start including a UHD drive in the near future. A faster PS4 is cool and all, but not if it doesn't have the new drive. Not worth $399 in my book. And this is coming from a huge PS4 fan.

8. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

I'm not sure you understand who the pro is for, If you already own a ps4 it might not be for you, however if you own a 4k tv and want to play game at a higher resolutionstandard then maybe.

It's a ps4 not a ps5. I personally im looking forward to it. I own a 4k hdr capable tv and even if the resolution and fps gains are minimal I'm ok with that. As long as there are gains.

It's a ps4 with a better GPU, that's it, it's the same console. While I am disappointed it dossent come with an updated Blu-ray drive, I also don't remember the last time I saw a movie on physical media. But hey that's just me. I'm sure other have extensive Blu ray collections.

If you see it as an updated ps4 capable of better fps and resolutions its worth the upgrade for $250ish dollars (assuming you sell your ps4 for about $150- $200)

If you were expecting a ps5, then no.

clos2727 likes this.
  9. It's purely down to cost cutting not including a 4K bluray drive basically the same reason they removed the optical port on the slim model.... Make it cheaper and also remove features... If you own a ps4 there is little point in upgrading unless you want 4K upscaling. Failing that got the PC route and play in proper 4K.

10. Chicolini

Chicolini Rookie

I expect 1080p locked at 60 fps on the current PS4 to be honest, as does pcars already. Probably brought by the next patch before the end of this month.

11. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

I sure hope your right, because right now is around 40-45 fps with 15 opponents, defenetly payable but not flawless, pcars is pushing the same framerate with 20-30 opponents, if not then defenetly with the PS PRO, I expect locked 60 fps at all times, regardless the opponents.

12. 3n3rg0n83

3n3rg0n83 Gamer

IMHO there is no way an AC fan that bought the title at day one (or pre-ordered it) to upgrade its PS4 (moving to PS4 pro) in order to have something "promised" by Kunos to run on PS4 itself: 60 fps is something expected on PS4 for this title, and based on other competitors games (e.g. PCars), not having a stable 60 fps it is not a matter of platform limitation...

Chicolini likes this.
  13. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

How in the world are they thinking about cost cutting? The drive simply should be in there! It's a 4K system. No 4K drive. What a bad move by Sony.
    I really hope they realize this huge mistake and put the drive in there.

14. the 4k drive wont get added as the units have already been manufactured without it. if they included the 4k uhd drive it would push them above the price that they wanted to release at, also they want to maximise profit per unit sold exactly the same reason they removed the optical port on the slim model to save money and make more profit

Skemekos123 likes this.
  15. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I'm kind of glad it doesn't include a 4K blu ray player, because it keeps the cost very affordable.
    I'm guessing it would cost a least £450 with a 4K blu ray player. Maybe they will make a newer version a few years from now with the 4k blu ray player for those that want it.

16. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

I just can't think of the last time I Eben rented a physical disc to watch a movie, so I won't miss it, I'm more interested on the gains in fps and resolution.

17. I wouldn't have thought a 4K Uhd drive would add £100 to the price of the unit especially since MS can include one in the Xbox one s and Scorpio will include one. And I know people will say 4K streaming but 4K uhd uses a fair amount of bandwidth so for people with bad internet or capped internet it's really not good so a built in 4K drive is the better option. Sony are one of the manufacturers of 4K drives so the cost to them would be less than it would be to ms. More games should run at 60fps with improved textures or resolution. The upscaling tech Sony is using is pretty good but they should have made it clear it's not native 4K

18. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

I agree Untrained... MS Has the drive. And for less money! Sony is at a clear disadvantage. 4K movies are on the shelves. What will people buy to play them in?
    I would have played them in my new PS4 Pro. Faster machine, 4K drive, slam dunk. So what will I buy now? An Xbox? A separate player, then also PS4 Pro because it plays games a little faster? No. So now I'll neither buy a PS4 Pro, or 4K movies. Is that what Sony wanted? Stoopid.

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  19. i think the xbox one s is the best value 4k uhd player out at the moment. xbox scorpio will also have a 4k drive its just weird that sonys machine wont. Sony have said its because the ps4 is a gaming device.... why did they make such a fuss over netflix and youtube 4k....

20. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

I still think it's a good value, if given the choice of either 4k drive or an upgraded GPU, I take the GPU any day. For those who need both there's the Scorpio coming an about a year.

"Regular" ps4 + Scorpio OR PS4pro?

Anyways before this turns in to an Xbox vs playstation discussion... what's really important here is whether or not kunos plans to support the pro system? I haven't heard anything yet. It's a PC port so the higher quality assets exist it just a matter of them creating a patch or not.

21. i still dont think kunos will offer support for it. as it stands its not worth the time it would require. if the ps4 pro is a huge success and loads of assetto corsa players own one then perhaps they could offer an update but are within their rights to charge for it.