1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 pro

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by wilo28, Sep 10, 2016.

1. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

If Kunos are considering Playstation VR, they may have little choice to support it, if I understand it correctly, it would seem they require the extra horsepower of the Pro. Saying that if they do provide VR support, I think they are expected by Sony to provide this on both standard and Pro versions of the Playstation.

2. at this moment in time its not worth the required development time. if everyone that owns assetto corsa on ps4 decides to go for the ps4 pro or psvr then yeah it would be worthwhile but if not then personally i would concentrate on other things. It would be different if kunos had a huge team that they could do it without it affecting everything else. They should concentrate on the platforms that are out currently and continue to add features to the 3 versions

3. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Fair remarks UntrainedNoob but I will still wish for VR! ;)

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  4. I cancelled my psvr pre order mainly because Sony refused to refund my money for no mans sky:oops:

svenvangent likes this.
  5. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

Sony isn't at a disadvantage at all. I own both systems and I can't tell you the last time I actually purchased a DVD . Streaming has become the norm. This is why Sony didn't include it with the PS4 Pro . As for everything else the Xbox S has a slightly over clocked CPU that is it nothing else done. Sony has doubled GPU power and over clocked their CPU to 2.1ghz compared to Xbox 1.87ghz in the S. Be assured that if the pro has more power then games will run better that we already have with or without a patch that's just a fact. If you want 4k upscale done amazing and the beefier gpu then the pro is the answer, but if all you want is HDR then the PS4 has it as of yesterday no need to get an Xbox S for 300.00 just to have HDR . I can stream 4k through Amazon , Netflix and YouTube for far less than someone buying 4k DVDS at 25.00 a pop. It just makes more sense from a business stand point. They want to take advantage of the streaming service rather that physical DVD because DVDs will soon become obsolite.

wilo28 likes this.
  6. your missing the point people are making. its crazy to compare the pro to the xbox one s as they are completely different, the pro should be compared with the scorpio which will be interesting as it will be the weaker of the two also scorpio will have a 4k uhd drive too. people keep going on about streaming yeah streaming is great if you have a good internet connection but a lot of people have capped data limits especially those in the usa. 1 hour of 4k footage also uses around 7-8 gbs of data so not really great if you have limits on your data especially with game size too. also the hdr that sony have enabled in the normal ps4 cant be propler hdr as hdmi 1.4 cant do hdr

7. I wouldn't be so sure about that. The games without a Patch will be recognized as Standard PS version and the Pro will run with this profile, kinda limiting the CPU to the normal PS speed not to break the game logic. Some games are written for that specific CPU speed, so if the CPU were running faster without a patch on the game to see that, the game could bug.
    I hope I'm wrong and the incremental bump into the CPU will work normally on all games that are limited by the CPU and get better performance without the need of patching.

Would be nice is Kunos could give us some light on this matter.
    I hate how they simply ignore requests that aren't being worked on....
    Choosing to talk only when someone makes the "right" guess about a DLC, track or update....

8. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

I read an article done by Eurogamer they interviewed Marc cerney and the speed of the CPU is fine as long as the cpu is the same. He explained that's why he didn't change the chip set because the code is written for that chip. Mainly the benefit will be to 4k TV owners but regular games should run smoother hopefully either way can't wait

9. The cpu bump in speed should help every game it's only the gpu that gets limited when running unpatched games. I generally don't like Marc Cerny as he says things that the console fanboys take out of context and go nuts over. He's an intelligent guy but should leave the pr to the pros

10. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

Yeah C'mon Kunos - time to show you care about your consumers. Would it hurt or damage u guys in anyway to say a definite yes or no in either direction?

I mean even if you guys just did the following, it would make so many people happy.

1) More cars on track

2) 60fps locked

3) Higher resolution

^^Just get as close as you can. The game is so buddy already (haha) that a PS4 Pro version doesn't need to be perfect. Just BUMP UP the Resolution and allow for increased FPS, etc.

Please!

Seriously please! This game is so great and what we've all been waiting for... BUT.. and it's a BIG "but".. Most of your time and effort seems to have gone into the DLC that you can sell.

C'mon show us you care. The is a new console over 2 times as powerful. Many will buy it. Do you not think we deserve a proper statement or explanation? Rather than threads like this where everyone is frustration because Kunos staff can't find the time to write something simple up that addresses the matter?

You don't have to keep respond you know? Just once. A brief statement. I'm so sick of living in HOPE with Assetto Corsa! :(

11. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

The game is dead, no need to keep spending resources on this, I recently went back to pcars and while the physics aren't as good there certainly not bad. what a waste of the porsche licence...

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The game is not dead. I and many others play it every night.

13. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Now Sony gonna start with this kind of gold digging , what is next ? PS5 PS5.250 PS5.500 PS5.750 PS5.999 and than PS 6 Jesus .

14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

I just did the same, i did go back to pcars..........for an hour and i realized how good Assetto Corsa was and i decided to stay with AC.
    Assetto Corsa, what an epic sim :):D:cool:

Dookie, Schnipp, Kembro and 5 others like this.
  15. If everyone who owns assetto corsa on ps4 also owns a ps4 pro then yes it's worth them patching the game and possibly even charging for the update, but as the install base will likely be small there is no need for them to waste time with it. Would people be happy if they decided to release an update for the ps4 pro but also decided to charge a fee for the update something like £10, €10 or $15 i can imagine the outcry if this happened

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its not the same guys that making cars that coding other stuff into the game. So just because they work on DLC doesnt mean that they have put other things on hold.

17. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

PS4 Pro looks like a significant step up so far, graphics are the headline improvement it is true 4k gaming but the much quicker loading times are also notable. The clarity of the PSVR image in games that support the Pro is a joy to behold, sharper images and smoother gameplay, lovely.

Well worth the upgrade if you have a 4K screen and or PSVR, less so for the general gameplay upgrades but I can see some will want the upgrade just for that.

If I see any improvement in AC (unlikely as no Pro version) I'll post it in this thread.

18. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

Yes please do :)

MBK72 likes this.
  19. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

Just picked mines up, all in all not a bad deal, came out to $247 usd including my trade for the old ps4 and a few 3ds games my kids don't pay anymore. I'll post any differences I notice which is highly unlikely.

MBK72 and paul_wev like this.
  20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

With no games that I actually play supported it seems to be a waste of money to upgrade at this time (I have a 4k screen), but I am interested to see what you guys think ;)

paul_wev likes this.