1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 pro

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by wilo28, Sep 10, 2016.

1. For the gpu their backwards compatibility makes sense but not when it comes to the cpu as the software talks to the cpu the same way it just would be faster and improve frame rates. The pro is basically a ps4 with another ps4 gpu bolted on with a cpu that is the same as before only higher clock speed not much different from overclocking a cpu.

2. novcze

novcze Rookie

apparently you know better than Sony ... sarcasm aside, it would work for the most games just fine and it would help where CPU is a bottleneck, but as platform holder you want to be 100% sure that nothing will break.

3. I never said I know better than Sony:rolleyes:. I'm just going by all the PCs out there running many different processors and clock speeds likewise with the Xbox one with the s model having a higher cpu clock speed than the launch models. It wouldn't cause any compatibility issues it's just Sony being Sony.

4. novcze

novcze Rookie

If that's so easy, despite all platforms running different OS and different low level optimizations why not just enable unaltered Assetto Corsa code to run on PS4 Pro? instant win ... oh wait I forgot, that's hard work and other platforms will suffer ;).

I don't know how much work it is and you don't know how much work it is. I'm here to support demand for PS4 Pro patch, that's all. Peace out.

paul_wev likes this.
  5. I said it was easy as they don't have to add support for a higher clocked cpu the support is already there..... Supporting the gpu is a different matter. I'm all for supporting the ps4 pro too just not until the game has been updated and features added that's missing, just like I would expect them to support Xbox Scorpio too once it releases

paul_wev likes this.
  6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Stew1977 and paul_wev like this.
  7. novcze

novcze Rookie

Yup, it can surely help AC to stick to 60 fps

[​IMG]

8. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

Wonder if it offers any other boosts than framerate. Saw some rumours about extra AA and downsampling (for 1080p TV's) at system level.

Whatever the case, a nice free update.

9. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

10. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

Anyone with a pro and 4.5 beta that can comment?

Edit: looks like it's making pretty big differences in several games. One can only assume this should help Assetto keep 60fps

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  11. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

YES!! Looks like big improvements.

LeDude83, Quffy, Stew1977 and 2 others like this.
  12. novcze

novcze Rookie

Scaff's 60 fps stream, framerate stability looks great

LeDude83, Sigurd615 and Karppuuna like this.
  13. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Well, I've been gaming on the PRO with the new FW since it went live and it's a definite improvement. It's mainly noticeable in a full grid ai race... no slow down/ stutters with boost enabled.

Here's a quick video i did yesterday, recorded with a Elgato HD60 @ 1080P / 60fps so the quality is much better then a captured stream. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
    BrainsBush, novcze, LeDude83 and 3 others like this.
  14. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

What about dust? Does it still cause a big framerate drop?

15. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

16. anything-but

anything-but Guest

17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Nope not watched it :p

18. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

Hopefully the great word of mouth Assetto Corsa is getting from Boost Mode convinces Kunos to deliver a Pro patch.

Obviously, it adds to their workload. But when you are selling this title as a service, with plenty of DLC, you'll generate many more sales with a Pro optimised AC.

paul_wev likes this.
  19. novcze

novcze Rookie

imo at this point it is not necessary, AC with the boost runs at perfect 60 fps,

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

But there are still major gains to be made in image quality and effects. Assetto Corsa isn't operating in a vacuum. There's a huge amount of competition due out this year, all of which will take major advantage of the Pro.

I assume Kunos not only wishes to retain customers and sell more DLC, but also sell many more copies to new customers.

paul_wev likes this.