1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 pro

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by wilo28, Sep 10, 2016.

1. at the moment I'm happy to wait before I decide if I get a ps4 pro. The reviews are mixed from various sources. The occasional game will be True 4k but many will be upscaled using sony's checkerboard technique. The stable framerate for psvr is a bonus and it makes sense for that. But as I have said its not enough of an upgrade for me,

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What is the difference with ps4 pro and when they have been releasing new consoles previously, i.e ps2 and ps3? Why didnt they just name it ps5? As far as Ive understood developers will have to make use of the upgraded hardware and doesnt consoles have backward compability already, just like ps4 pro?

3. all games going forward for the ps4 require devs to make a ps4 version and a ps4 pro version.Devs can go back and patch older games to take advantage of the new pro hardware but they can also charge for this if they wish. if the game is not patched to take advantage of the pro hardware then the game runs as it did on the normal ps4 as the extra part of the gpu gets disabled and the cpu gets downclocked to ps4 levels. Its not the ps5 because sony see it as a mid generation refresh and it gives them the option of not supporting backwards compatibility when the ps5 launches as they want people to use their psnow streaming service.

the ps4 doesnt have backwards compatibility as sony dont believe gamers want it but you can play older games on ps now if you pay for the privelige.

4. Karppuuna

Karppuuna Rookie

Whit Pro this would be locked 60fps, make it happen Kunos:)

5. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

That might be a possibility at 1080p, not much chance of that at 4k imo, the Pro updated games are having a few issues at 4K at the moment.

6. if patched it should do 1080p@ 60fps it wont do 4k@60fps but again its not worth patching at the moment as the other versions will suffer

7. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I'm pleased to be able to tell you that DriveClub VR looks great and is super smooth at 1080p / 60fps (with the asynchronous timewarp making it 120fps in the headset), on the Pro it is a more intense experience, there is a little more feeling of motion and depth so a mild nausea effect on first play but as with all VR experiences this tends to subside as you get used to the experience. The visuals both in car and in the distance are noticeably sharper.

pippo10, spoghead and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  8. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

Well there's no noticeable change in AC or pcars on the pro, however on infamous dying light it's a different story, it let's you select a higher resolution at the expense of framerate, looks great but I found the best option for me being the unlocked framerate (feels like 60fps)with HDR, it's great.

An unlocked framerate on AC would be a welcome addition just like infamous. I'm sure they can up the resolution but for driving Sims framerate needs to be the priority

9. My PS4 Pro is good! It's improved all 6 VR games I have visually through the headset and the graphics of supported games is great. On AC it didn't look much or any different! But I've only done a couple of laps of nordschleife in my ford rs1600 but I did manage to beat my ghost car! I have a 4K uhd TV and PSVR so I'm delighted with the improvement of the pro.

MBK72 and paul_wev like this.
  10. the games wont look or perform better unless they have been patched with a ps4 pro version. Ps4 games running unpatched on the pro run as they would on the ps4 due to the extra gpu power and cpu upclock being disabled.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They would have sold alot more copies of the ps4 pro if games could take advantage of the extra power automatically.

12. yeah but its really upto the developers to decide if its worth their time patching older games to run better on the pro. If enough people want the older games patched and wish to pay for the privelige then more developers will likely patch their games. The issue is then people complaining that it could cost them for the update patch, but why should devs release it for free it cost them time and money to code it.

13. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

Considering the changes I've seen on infamous I would happily pay for a similar upgrade, this is a PC game at its core so scalability should be no trouble. I would love 1440p @ 60 fps locked, but would settle for 1080p 60fps HDR. $5 to $10 for the upgrade is a good deal... most spend more then that on lunch.

Keith Quinn and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  14. 1080p@60fps should be achievable no problem. It's not an issue of scalability it's just a different system and although similar to PC it requires a bit more work to the software. What would be a better solution is that Sony could have teams that they could send to studios to patch games for them

MBK72 and kofotsjanne like this.
  15. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

Just a heads up from another PS4 pro owner here.

A while back someone did a loading time test using various tracks with the stock PS4 hard drive. I then chimed in with my times using an OCZ Vektor 1TB SSD. It was a pretty good improvement.

So the question now is with the PS4 pro supporting sata3 would there be even more improvement with the same drive swapped into the pro? Unfortunately I can now confirm that there is almost no difference.

There is still a pretty significant difference from regular HD to ssd but nothing from PS4 ssd to ps4 pro ssd.

MBK72 likes this.
  16. roemer7000

roemer7000 Rookie

I do own the Pro, the VR and a 4K-TV and I'm happy with all that stuff. But if it's possible to play Gran Turismo Sport in VR it should quite be possible to join Assetto Corsa in VR as well. It's a joke if they say they would patch it into VR and a few weeks later they decide not do do it. I'm really disappointed about that. And it seems not to load quicker. Unfortunately the PS4-version is disappointing in comparison to the pc-version. Bad online-racing and all those missing apps. But the hope dies last... Time will show if they will hear our wishes and make them come true...

paul_wev likes this.
  17. no one has said its not possible for assetto corsa to be on psvr, at the moment its pretty pointless putting it on psvr as there are much better ways to spend development time like adding features to the game. i dont think kunos have ever said they will support psvr.. Gran Turismo will sell well but will be mediocre at best but people will be like "omg GT is like amazing...." when in reality it will look ok and play ok but still have crappy engine sounds and other flaws,

pippo10 likes this.
  18. roemer7000

roemer7000 Rookie

http://www.gamezone.de/Assetto-Corsa-Spiel-18303/News/PlayStation-VR-Patch-1205475/
    News from 22.08.2016, translated from german into english:
    Kunos will patch it into VR...if this will happen on 13th of october (VR-launch) is not clear right now!
    Well, these news could be wrong because it's not confirmed officially anywhere.
    I still won't compare GT-Sport with a real simulation like Assetto Corsa or Project Cars. Sure GT-Sport will sell lots of their title but to be honest: it's an arcade-racer with bad sounds and developed for people who can play it with a controller. That's the world of consoles...selling as much copys as possible to earn money. In my eyes a real simulation should only be playable with a steering wheel to get rid of those fun-racers...(but money rules the world...)

svenvangent likes this.
  19. skeinon

skeinon Rookie

Hi all, i've bought a ps4pro and, also without a patch, the game seem improved (on ps4 standard at first turn of the race, the game drop lots of frames during the bagarre... this issues is disappeared or less on ps4pro )

20. Keluna

Keluna Rookie

I traded in my PS4 for a PS4 Pro, and while the game runs well, pretty graphics and higher frame rates are always welcome.

I would like to see online play unlocked, and a way to custom map the standard controller "inside" the game.