1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 pro

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by wilo28, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Karppuuna

Karppuuna Rookie

Only 2 people work on infamous Pro patch, and its great. I don't think it is lots of work to make 1080p Pro patch in Assetto.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. you cant compare a first party studio who have had access to the new hardware long before it was even known about to a third party studio

3. Karppuuna

Karppuuna Rookie

Kunos only need to open a Pro mode and Pro owners get better frame rate, like Batman Arkham City.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  4. It's not as simple as that, it all takes development time which as a small studio kunos would be better spent adding all the features that are more important. Once the game is at a level with all the features that everyone has been wanting from launch then yeah spend some time on a ps4 pro update, but at the moment time is better spent elsewhere

5. pipOnian

pipOnian Rookie

For the last god damn time, stop mentioning about how Kunos has a small studio. I dont give a **** how small their studio is, the very fact that I paid full price for AC on launch, which is the same price as any other AAA games out there, means that there is no excuse for Kunos. If I paid half the price of AC on launch, fine by me, I would say fair play to Kunos, and i'll give them more time to get their **** together.

But I am paying full price for everything, including their DLC, which means being a small studio is completely irrelevant. The value of what they put out should be equal to the value that I am paying financially. Small studio or not, there is no excuse

6. You never paid the same price as other AAA games it was priced much lower than other games unless you bought digitally even then it was still priced lower than other games...... The post I replied to was saying how other studios patched their games to run on ps4 pro with improvements, my point was one of the studios was a first party studio and the other was a studio that has many more people in the team. ... By your logic a studio with a team of 30 people should be putting out content at a level of a studio with 100's of employees, what you don't seem to remember is this is the first time kunos released on console also compared to PC the consoles are hugely under powered so it's a learning experience for them. Also they are constantly developing the 3 platforms to add improvements, for a team of 30 that is pretty impressive

pippo10 likes this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It wasn't a triple A priced game, and as you're quoting a post a ps4 pro, you're right it doesn't matter how big the dev team is, whether it is 400 people or 30 people, they are not obliged to divert attention to a ps4 pro patch. Also most people knew what AC was before it was released, and whilst it still should have had certain things at launch, unless one bought it on a hunch with no prior knowledge of kunos, then they would know AC is a long term investment, a piece of software to last.

It's not a game that has a number on the end of it then they dump it afer a couple months for the next near identify edition to come out 12 months later. with AC you are not just buying a game, you are supporting a dev team who intends to constantly evolve the software for our betterment. This is what AC is, it is not a studio out to get richer and richer and pump out crap each year.

paul_wev and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  8. novcze

novcze Rookie

And yet you are against PS4 Pro patch. If they intent to support AC for a long time they should consider support for PS4 Pro because framerate on the base PS4 is far from ideal. It should be as easy as enabling their code to run at native PS4 Pro clocks and voilĂ  instant framerate upgrade.

Reinart86 and Karppuuna like this.
  9. No one is against a ps4pro patch there is more important things to work on than a patch for the ps4 pro. There are still features needing to be added to the game and other settings. Why should kunos give priority to the ps4 pro over the other platforms ? If Sony want games patched for ps4 pro then they should send the teams out to studios to do the work on the patch.
    Would you be happy to pay for the ps4 pro patch ? As developers can charge for them if they wish. If people wish to pay for the patch to ps4 pro then I'm all for it provided it doesn't cost developers time working on the other versions

10. xtro

xtro Gamer

I would pay extra for a PS4Pro patch gladly.. push the sliders up a little bit and a smooth 1080p... there are other things graphically and physics-wise that would modernize a bit the title too... I know rain and night are not possible with the current engine but just having physics based tyres on the tracks (like forza 6) would refresh it a bit. Also slightly better tyre smoke and no more crazy frame drops when you get off track.

11. o_O are the tyres not currently physics based on assetto corsa ? i only ask as it has the best physics of any racer on console. forza 6 is more simcade and the driving physics show that. Handling wise assetto corsa is a step up from forza, the perfect solution is to join kunos with turn10 and we can have the awesome handling of assetto corsa with the budget and first party knowledge of turn 10.

i dont get the facination with tyre smoke people complain about it on forza too but im too busy driving to notice it

12. xtro

xtro Gamer

Sorry this is not why I meant obviously.... I'm talking about small things like tyres protecting the sides of the track

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  13. ahh like when you crash into them

xtro likes this.
  14. xtro

xtro Gamer

Exactly :) ... this is a very small detail but it helps make the environments more "alive"

15. im sure thats something that is possible even with the versions already on console as the damage model is already there for cars, im not sure how much work it would take to add though

16. novcze

novcze Rookie

I just said that very basic PS4 Pro support doesn't need much work. No other platform will suffer if they enable their code to run on native PS4 Pro clocks.

They can't charge for PS4 Pro patch, Sony was very clear in this matter.

Karppuuna likes this.
  17. how do we know that a pro patch doesnt take much work ? the only developers to have commented that was first party studios also sony have said that first party studios will not charge for upgrading games for the pro but they cannot stop third party developers and publishers from charging for them if they choose to charge for it.

im not saying there shouldn't be a patch for the pro just there is far more important things to work on than patch for a console that currently has a limited install base. There is also no reason that sony limits cpu speed to match the base ps4 when playing a non patched game the game should be able to take advantage of that speed boost but sony said no

18. novcze

novcze Rookie

Because nobody is saying that is hard and time consuming work? But yeah, they should fix performance on the base hardware first, no doubt about it, question is if they are able.

19. Third party ain't discussed if it's time consuming or a fast process the only people who have commented on it are first party studios who have had the hardware long before launch. Sony should have left the clock speed increase in place for the cpu regardless if the game has been patched or not as games should still have been able to take advantage of the speed bump.

Kunos are learning all the time with the consoles and improvements are being made all the time. It's always difficult working on new hardware and regardless that console and PC are very similar now there are still big differences regarding cpu clock speed and likewise with gpu and memory management

20. novcze

novcze Rookie

Oh gee, I don't follow every gaming news out there so I don't know exactly who said what, but what I've read was positive ...

Regarding backward compatibility with the standard PS4, Sony made safe choice and I don't blame them.