1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

This ruf is going to be an acquired taste

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I am blind or what, on witch image you see normal gearbox?
    So you say there is no lift off oversteer?

2. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

On this image
    [​IMG]

Lift off oversteer?
    You still don`t understand.
    It is car behavior because of 911 is object of worship or hatred to the death. Not something in between with forced behavior by setup.
    It is nature of the car to break rear traction without enough load on rear wheels.
    Heck, even Exige V6 cup is more Porsche than this Ruf.
    Happy now with explanation?

3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Yes, I agree on that Exige part
    but in that pic I see dog leg box:confused:
    With the Ruf you only get deacent lift off oversteer when the rear tires overheat

4. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

R24
    aka dogleg

6. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

I actually like this car because you can slip it into turn here and there without loosing time. Rarely do you see a car like this in which you don't have to be clinicly smooth for speed.

Leemstradamus and Queequeg like this.
  7. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I love this car. It's probably the first road car I really enjoy. Not particularly forgiving and the first laps were ... interesting, but once you get a bit used to it, it's fantastic - and like others have said: I can't drift at all, but I am doing it with this car. Maybe it's because you need much more throttle control anyway that it's easier or something (aside from the Porsche 'engine in the back' thing)

Bruxelles (? - the tight 180 degrees corner at the top of the hill after the S-es after the long straight) sideways all day long

8. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Vallelunga loves this car so much...
    I'm battling myself in the F40. It's been fun to go back and forth between the cars trying to beat my best time. I'm a 1/2 second faster in the Ferrari, for now.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Thats explain why i 7s slower than current WR .. i do the normal "slow the car and grip cornering stuffs" but looks like i have to actually drift the car ?? I nvr drift before ...

10. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

As already mentioned: Ruf made his own 5 speed manual gearbox.
    Traibraking is my way to get things done:)

Anyway, I found the CTR even on streettyres not very 'alive' sideways like the way Stefan Roser threw the thing around @ NS.
    Mentioned somewhere by Kristaps I think is , just use OLD TARMAC or DUSTY TARMAC. Tha'ts the HOLY GRAIL for me when it comes to sideways action on a STOCK setup car on streettyres;)

I just uploaded it from my iPhone so don't expect Spielberg quality(no sound sorry) but it's 'easily' controllable. I liked the Ruf yesterday. Now I love it ha!

Is there an easy way/tutorial to upload AC replay vids to YouTube? I'm kind of a n00b/beginner when it comes to uploading/editing videos (to YouTube and in general) ...

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  11. Drifting is slow, I didn't do it on my lap (if you're on about the Nordschleife) bare a few powerslides here and there. If you can't dance with the car and manage the weight transfer you'll be slow though. Also, don't turn the wheel too much, people who complain about the lack of lift-off oversteer just create their own understeer by going into the corners too hard and by steering too much.

Lap was done without assists, damage on, H-Shifter + Heel & Toe.

Lazybug, Kristaps and irfan.pratama like this.
  12. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Funny enough I've gotten down to a 2:01 at Imola in the RUF CTR. No nannies and no car adjustments. On one of the episodes of top gear, the stig did a 1:56 at Imola in a 458. I got into the 458 after the CTR and could only run a 2:0o. I'm sure with more practice I'll eventually get to 1:56, but I was surprised how fast the CTR is when you really get the threshold braking down in that car.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  13. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

it's very alive when you overheat the tires, like Stefan did..

14. Also remember guys that the Yellowbird is on Semislicks by default ;)

15. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

After one lap yes. They're redhot way too soon, so when using 'old tarmac' the car is much more eager to go sideways without even pushing the throttle so I think that will save tyres more or less for a few more laps...

Cheers
    Robin

16. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Stefan Roser was just showboating the CTR around the Nordschleife but I also saw a video a few years ago of probably the world's best driver for the last decade(including F1 kids) , Sebastien Loeb. Driving the 997GT3(I know that's not a CTR) his own way. Makes you think. At least it makes me think:)

Cheers
    Robin

17. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Seems that I`m only one who complains about lack of lift off oversteer and I find funny your "diagnose" why (don`t take this as an insult).
    Maybe it is right for ppl who have issues with this car to do fast lap at all but that`s not me.
    Remember, I`m not complaining about snap oversteer - perfect environment for old Porsche if you do what you described as problem.
    I am complaining about lack of Porsche character and lift off oversteer is big part of it. I am complaining about too "new" Porsche feel.

Even funnier is that I`am only 10ish seconds slower on `90s street tyres just because I feel more Porsche character that I know how to use.
    Different compound should not change character of car that much.

My lap is not as fast as yours but it is decent and still good enough for second place on RSR at the moment, labeled as pro.
    My first lap was faster but seems that I was too greedy at Hohenrain - AC didn`t see that as cut but RSR did.
    Had enough fuel for one more so I continued and did 7:50.
    Also H shifter and heel & toe, damage thing ...

18. Actually yes, tyres are EVERYTHING in a car. Cars can exhibit completely different behaviors depending on even the brand of tyres, let alone the level of thread aggressiveness.

With the Yellowbird, each tyres have a good 10 seconds difference or so between them on the Nords. And the car has plenty of lift-off oversteer, but the default alignment is on the safe side which negates it a little bit. Add front camber and lower rear camber. No toe on the front and lower toe in on the rear.

Leemstradamus and Aristotelis like this.
  19. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

This.

Cheers
    Robin

20. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

I give up.
    You can make a Teddy Bear out of old Porsche with different tyres and few cliks on suspensions.