1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #15 - Raging Bull

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Hang on. Just had a chance to slam some laps. Am I too late?

1:41.804

14850431239562095307815.jpg

Graveltrap, Grijo, Julian2711 and 5 others like this.
  2. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Son ....... I will forgive you but don't do that again , in the name of the sun the air and my mother-in-law .

Grijo, Larryf1951 and OriginalR6kid like this.
  3. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

1:38.388 MartyBook PS4

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Graveltrap, Grijo, Julian2711 and 5 others like this.
  4. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

Larry sucker punched you Paul! Are you going to let him get away with it!?;)

paul_wev, MBK72 and Larryf1951 like this.
  5. Larryf1951

It was not a sucker punch and not intended to be deceptive. I was running horrible laps when I posted that. If you look at my photo, I ran 21 laps in that session. With many interruptions.
    I was also so confused that I thought today was Sunday.
    @Graveltrap can decide if my time stands. I will accept his verdict

paul_wev likes this.
  6. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

Its all good mate,just banter:)

paul_wev, MBK72 and Larryf1951 like this.
  7. Larryf1951

Good to know. I'd hate to be exiled :(

paul_wev, MBK72 and OriginalR6kid like this.
  8. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Guess this is my final try this week. Two screenshots because the first one with the car name is hard to read:

My new time: 1:37.148 (PC, Wheel)

Screenshots:
    Weekly Hotlap #15 - Raging Bull 1 37 148 1.jpg
    Weekly Hotlap #15 - Raging Bull 1 37 148 2.jpg

Wish the forum wouldn't scale the images down that much.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Graveltrap, Grijo, Fab85 and 8 others like this.
  9. HAZEYNIGHTS

HAZEYNIGHTS Gamer

I think it's meant to be in hotlap and not in practice

10. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Nah can be either, established this way back when :)

Grijo, svenvangent and HavanaB0B like this.
  11. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

--oops double post--

12. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

thx for your help. Ambient set to 26 and also gently parked my car ;)

[​IMG]

Graveltrap, Julian2711, Grijo and 6 others like this.
  13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Watching grsvelstrap lap I'm really really confused. He (you OP) gained 0.7 in one day or so? How come? Setup maybe?

I'm trying to replicate your "setup", specially the last left hander before the uphil, you brake? When the car found grip car immediately turned in left direction! I'm even with you till that point (+ - 0.1/0.2) after that you're gone. Don't get me wrong please I do not doubt a 0.0001% on your lap, I'm just really confused how you manage to hit that though!

Why I found out to get such behavior from the car is set the front toe to 0 and rear like 30/40, improved myself a bit ( that word"a bit" drives my crazy!) [​IMG]

General talk now,

Tried the setup with high tire temperature (from the leaders) no way, 36/37 it's on my side retarded. How? One tire got one temp other tire other temp value etc really strange I'm find myself very confident with 25/27-----26/29 for example.

Gearbox,
    This drives me crazy, why? I understand that there's a bug in this one but when I know that I can change whenever I want (firs right hander if it brakes immediately and after that in 2nd without any habitation) then I know the gearbox is"fine", but coming to the hairpin knowing that I can change gear immediately brake
    In the middle Of those two lines then gearbox hesitate and won't change at all!! Even tho the difficult lefthander (before uphill section) even tho I'm on like 3k rpm it won't change down. Yesterday I was like 0.250 aster then my current 37.7 time, bcoz of that but I Stuck in 3rd gear and game over!

It's unpredictable....don't know doesn't make any sense to try it again...hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graveltrap likes this.
  14. HAZEYNIGHTS

HAZEYNIGHTS Gamer

Well to be honest I'm concerned about the people using practice because you can have more control over settings such as abs and ohhh look penalties can be turned off. In my mind using practice is and should not be allowed........HOTLAPS ONLY or this leaderboard and subsequent others will need a revamp just saying. It's only fair to everyone that we have a level playing field or what's the point ;)

JMR1985 and Kembro like this.
  15. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

It's in the title of the thread 'Weekly Hotlap', and clearly in GT's instructions each week. Along with setting the correct temp. I dont remember practice sessions being accepted. But up to @Graveltrap to clarify.

HAZEYNIGHTS likes this.
  16. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

All fair points Hazey and realistically there is no way to make sure everyone sticks to the rules. On the PC version for example, penalties can even be switched off in Hotlap but it's also good to see most of the PC lap times over on RSR Live Timing (an external App that PC players have to install and sign up to via Steam). Looking back over the weeks shows some similar patterns in performance which also gives confidence that people are playing straight. Ultimately there is nothing at stake so cheating makes little sense, the community building and a bit of fun are far more valuable. I'm more interested in how much I improve over the week and that I can consistently repeat the lap rather than my number on the list.

Anway come on Hazey where is your lap, you are plenty quick enough and I'm almost certain I'll be dropping another place on the leaderboard when you post a time. :)

OriginalR6kid likes this.
  17. murfo

murfo Hardcore Simmer

Graveltrap likes this.
  18. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Well thanks Hazey lol, nothing quite like accusing people of cheating to inspire

Grijo likes this.
  19. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I have been letting the practice laps slide, as some people don't like the ghost which cannot be toggled on or off on Console and ghosts are still bugged on X1. Maybe toggle ghost is something for the suggestion forum...

I really don't think any of just using practice mode are doing anything wrong, just enjoying the game how they like it, I suspect most run with penalties on...

However, it is written in the rules, that hotlap mode shall be used for this thing, I have no problem enforcing that from week 16 onwards.

I ask the people that have actually submitted a time if that is what they want or should I alter the OP to include practice mode with penalties on?

Much like factory settings it's not something that can be enforced...

Grijo likes this.
  20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

People asked the same thing when you found seconds at Black Cat...

The time was found through setting the hot pressure to the 'ideal' figure this gave the car more grip in the last sector where the time is found.

As I had more grip I was then able to set toe closer to zero which in theory reduces some "drag" from the tyre.

My set up is simple, maximum camber front and rear, based around the reasoning that a road car cannot achieve enough camber for the tyre anyway.

Tyre pressure set to 29/29 (cold)which once it settles comes in at 36/37 (hot) for most of the lap, the magic ideal figure apparently or a very good placebo...Tyre warmers are on.

I now have toe to -20/0 (right hand window figures).

Finally the tyre are only good for a lap or two so fuel is set to minimum 5L. Fastest lap is usually lap 1...

My brake and accelerator inputs are in the clip so you can see exactly what I am doing ;)

Kembro, MartyBook, paul_wev and 3 others like this.