1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #25 - Turbo Era

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Mar 26, 2017.

1. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

You do whatever works for you Jezza,though i will say that i can only get 1 lap out of the qualifying tyres (tyre wear on),though that might be due to my setup?
    It bugs me when people talk about keeping "it real"..sitting in front of a tv screen(or vr:D) with a pretend wheel or a pad is not reality and if someone is abiding by the rules then whats the problem?

Im aware that there are skills that can be learned on a sim and applied to real life,i just dont like people being called out for using a certain setting which isnt deemed as "real". Rant over!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06 Simracer

Slapped on the Havana setup and there was a massive improvement. All but the gears, which strangely didn't make it into 6th with the .444 config. But the car felt great, and I had a lower final drive. Still not close to the fast guys, but I'll take it.
    XB1
    TM TX w/paddles
    2:05.175 - Improvement
    [​IMG]

3. AndyB16

AndyB16 Simracer

2:00.861 Xbox

Had a sub 2 minute lap going but two missed shifts threw it away. This car is absolutely mental.

Attached Files:

4. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

1.57.816 PS4 http://prntscr.com/epb6sb

..changing randomly setting values, with the only purpose to complete a single lap .. I'm far away from anything I can barely drive

5. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

1:53.725 - Improvement

20170328_084433.jpg

HavanaBob's setup with a few tweaks to suit.

6. 2:12.155 Straight6lover XBX

Bloody hell, aero just kills the car, the turbo lag is a night mare but...I LOVE THAT!!! Gonna try more tonight.
    And when you come to raidillon/eau rouge you think "My balls are metal"

Where is the option for up to 100% the turbo on the xbox??

[​IMG]

7. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

1:53.722 - PS4

One little mistake that cost me a couple of tenths but other that that a pretty decent lap.

[​IMG]

8. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

It should be cycled by pressing the B button.

9. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Gamer

206.317 tx, th8 xb1
    Default tune.
    Where are the setups I hear about?

Attached Files:

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1:57.356 - XB1

[​IMG]

11. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

Told you, improvement to come! :)

This car is pure savage

Thanks @HavanaB0B for setup (somehow it does work on PC ;) ) +4s improvement. This is huge for me! If I'll get below 2min mark, I'll be the happiest man on earth.

Anyways

2:02:490 (PC, Wheel, Shifter)

[​IMG]

And you thought you'll get away from me @Laughing Gravy, not this time, sir, not this time :D

12. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

You should go for Havanabob videoclip scroll the pages of this thread, at the end of the video he shares his setting. Didn't try it yet, I want to come up myself with a set up, I'm sure I will go lost and then I'll go for HB one or maybe if eclipsee will show up with impossible setting I will try straight as I loved the porche cup one, it was the best setting I've ever tried in AC making me know I'm not able to set racing cars, I'm only able to set street cars :(

eclipsee, Fab85 and Laughing Gravy like this.
  13. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

Improvement
    ps4, pad, longer gear ratios, qualifying tyres
    Assetto Corsa.jpg

14. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Found this interesting, and real world comparisons are always fun.
    1986 Belgian GP the highest qualifying Lotus-Renault started 4th with a Q2 time of 1:54.576.

15. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I have to done any proper attempts yet, but did run a few laps to see what's what before setting the challenge.

Default setup, needed longer gear ratios, when increased the amount of aero was limiting v Max to around 199mph.

The car was also bottoming from increased aero loads (I think), it felt like the car would get sucked to the ground, then the aero would become less efficient and it would lift back up. This wasn't helping down the straight! This could be seen from the engine revs stuttering...

Also when initially loaded on PS4 the fuel load was at a maximum value of 195 litres :eek:

From the test I have a rough idea of what I will do;

1) Reduce fuel load and test
    2) Adjust ride height back to same levels as max tank and test
    3) Reduce aero and match gear ratios test
    4) Set tyre pressures to around optimum (28psi hot) and test

I really struggle to get my head around downforce cars, both driving and setting up. I could spend all week just playing with wings, ride heights and bump stops!

One thing I didn't consider was if Xbox could adjust boost pressures, that would have messed things right up!

16. 2:07.743
    PS4 G29
    upload_2017-3-28_14-27-56.png
    My best time with default set-up, where I managed to get round without crashing, was 2:17 something. With the legendary Havana Bob's setup 10 secs improvement on second lap round was no problem. I was holding my breath from Les Combes to the finish though, I can't imagine what this was like to drive for a couple of hours around Spa. I would be pleased to be alive after two laps. Thanks Havana Bob, top chaps like you really help with the enjoyment!

17. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Totally agree. Havana Bob's Setups help me a lot to improve my lap times. He's definitely the Nicki Lauda in Sim Racing;)

18. Fbrg90

Fbrg90 Hardcore Simmer

1:57:800 ps4 20170328_153150.jpg

19. Improvement
    2:06.122
    PS4 G29
    upload_2017-3-28_16-27-2.png
    There's a high 2:04 in me, but, so far, the excitement has turned into agony at yet another slow speed spin at the chicane!
    Great challenge, really absorbing, helmets off to those under 2mins!

20. Improvement
    2:01.560
    PS4 G29
    upload_2017-3-28_17-51-1.png
    Found the boost button. Phew. Now everyone else's lap times make a bit more sense!
    (R2 button on the G29, in case it's not just me.)
    Helmets back on.