1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Christmas Challenge 207 – Christmas party – Insanitised, but socially distanced

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Dec 19, 2020.

1. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Keep safe and well everyone,surely 2021 has to be better?My new years resolution - I must participate in WHC a whole lot more;)

2. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Happy new year!!

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@365gt -
    It's so ridiculous! :confused:
    A few experiences:

You're over half a century old and you finally have lots of cars and lots of different tracks to choose from in an awesome sim and you just want to have a bit of fun.
    Hmmm...bathurst is always so annoying, once the cat runs in front of the screen and *bam* i'm hanging in the wall. Nope....
    Suzuka every time - where's the ****ing grip???
    I just had spa for three days....
    Actually i could take a gt4 again but i always wanted to master the porsche. or enjoy the aston v12 sound again? or curse the miserable TC in the jaguar?
    endless mind games and often frustration. :mad:

Now some guy comes along in a forum like this and says:
    Take the car on the track and drive your soul out of your body. :cool:

What happens?
    Yes, sir.
    Will be done sir.
    Thanks for the order sir.

And strangely enough, EVERY damn WHC is damn fun!
    Damn being an adult! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happy New Year. Stay as you are and don't let it get you down.
    Always look on the bright side of life *whistles*:):):)

4. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@sissydriver What can I say after all that?brilliantly put, accepted and understood,YES SIREE:D:D;)

5. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Christmas Pudding
    Peggy11
    2:20:673
    Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo
    PC

Spa Hotlap.png

I drove my wotsits off to get this time, it looks like there is another 3 ish tenths to be had if I put all 3 best sectors together in the one lap. That's tomorrows problem though :p

6. Happy new year to you all!

Let's hope we shed this Covid malaise early on and get back to partying!

7. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Get To Lunch
    Peggy11
    6:40:598
    3 laps
    PC

Porsche Wet Race.png

Instead of using the WET setup with correctly adjusted tyre pressures I used the SAFE setup with wet tyres and the pressures left as they were. Then maximum rear downforce and 1 click less on the rear brake ducts, everything else left as it was, and it handled way better with less rear tyre overheating. Track was GREEN.

I also managed to nail the start so I was in the lead coming out of Chapel onto the Hangar Straight on lap 1.

AI 85, aggression 60.

8. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Ham
    Peggy11
    10:36:363
    6 laps
    PC

Audi GT4 Hotstint.png

Still a bit more to come I hope o_O

9. SlowGrayAudi

I still need to do this challenge!

10. SlowGrayAudi

Im not trying to be a whiny bastard, but i cant see **** at night playing ACC on console.

Its sooooooo dark.

I literally can't see the second fast sweeper on the straight at misano.

It's been reported plenty that the headlights are trash on the console version on ACC.

I even tried turning the brightness up on the tv and its still terrible.

I'll be skipping this challenge

365gt, sissydriver, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  11. SlowGrayAudi

Can someone on PC take a photo from the dash view of how the headlights look?

I kept trying but its hard when you cant see much.

I'll take a photo of mine when om off work. The gf was whining before work because she wanted to look for a new car.

Totall Wrytoff, 365gt, Rod100 and 2 others like this.
  12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC Starter
    Neilski
    PC
    Ooooh wow, for some reason I was expecting this car to be fast and nimble. In fact it's an understeery boat! :eek:
    Max front spoiler, rear wing at 2, max front camber, slightly increased rear camber (possibly a mistake) and various experiments with front and rear toe (no clear conclusions).
    I think I just about had the splits for a very high 55 but not the consistency. The turbo lag was also savage and I'm blaming that for wrecking my attempts to be faster without TC (so, yeah I left TC on :D). Unreal speed and control from GG, as always!
    Onwards...
    (Cough, I had expected to be posting times for this challenge a little earlier than this! :oops:)
    upload_2021-1-2_16-11-6.png

13. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Ham
    moodyryder
    6 laps
    ps4

20210102_164909.jpg 20210102_164856.jpg

Such a shame that the graphical resolution was ruined to try to improve the headlights. (and the headlights are still useless anyway)

Unfortunately I bought it digitally so I can't go back to the release version.

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Thats PC

ConsolevsPC_1.jpg

ConsolevsPC.jpg
    The headlight adjustment reminds me of the last repair on our car. The workshop had forgotten to adjust the headlights correctly. One blinded the moles, the other the owls. It looked exactly like moodys ....
    Maybe this is the compensation for the too high speed on the straight in Kyalami? :rolleyes:

Neilski, SlowGrayAudi, 365gt and 2 others like this.
  15. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

@SlowGrayAudi this is what it looks like for me at the start, I had to turn HDR off before the screenshot otherwise it comes out really dark. In reality with HDR on it's slightly darker than here and the blacks are much stronger including the sky. Very similar to @sissydriver post.

Dark.png

I assume you're all hitting the light switch twice to put the endurance lights (and interior blue light) on as well, which helps a little?

16. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

It doesn't really help on ps4. The light becomes brighter but the range does not increase.

The inside lights are on though. Wow.

I tried this challenge first with the lights off altogether. My best run I had them on but that was only down to practice and getting used to the combo.

I did 10m42 twice with no headlights on at all. In some ways it's easier that way as there's no contrast.

The only work around in a race us to get behind another car of similar pace and use it's lights to see your reference points.

Online night races often get bunched up because nobody wants to be the pathfinder.

Blind leading the blind.

17. Improvement
    AC Starter
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-2_19-45-28.png
    @Neilski - Although not as quick as you are, slow in, fast out and TCS off, equals no understeer!
    With TCS On, I found the car resists turning in.:cool:

Rod100, Neilski, SlowGrayAudi and 3 others like this.
  18. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Christmas Pudding
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]
    I noticed that we didn't have a Mercedes on the board so I figured I'd throw one in there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

19. SlowGrayAudi

Here's on PS4.

R8 GT4 at misano, cloudy 22:00

TV is a TCL 65" 6 series

The light is barely cast in front of the car. And no light buttons work other than flash and it just flashes what youre seeing here.

20210102_145449.jpg 20210102_145405.jpg

20. SlowGrayAudi

Hitting the light switch isnt doing anything for me on ps4. I tried pressing it multiple times as well as holding it down.

They just did a bad job with the port to consoles