1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why can't I change gears when I want????

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Irony right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Something like that!!! Y'all can try it by yourself to see it. Monza or Imola doesn't make any difference the point it's and I'm not BS all that on the very same corner I come
    With the exact speed and I can shift down and sometimes (like in 50/60% of the time) my gearbox is blocking my shift down even tho I've like almost identical speed as previous lap!!

I think best prove is Monza first right hander, even tho you breake like on 200m mark, hit those gears smooth and fine but 2/3rd you can't get it right even tho your RPM's are low and you're ALLOWED to change down!

3. MGR

MGR Rookie

Have ANY of you actually spent any time driving either the Zonda R or 599XX in PS4 version?

4. Horus

Horus Alien

Have you ever heard of engine protection?

5. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Gear protection?! Lolololo, durex??

Answer me why does Zonda R have this"feature" and the LaFerrari doesn't?!

6. Horus

Horus Alien

Never heard of engine protect, wow! The cars are made by different manufactures and have different engines, one is six speed the other seven, one is a Ferrari the other an AMG engine. So why would they act the same? Try changing gear later, you are the only person complaining, so I take it you are just not very good at driving. Are you using a gamepad or a wheel?

7. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

The famous"engine protection" have the 599XX (Ferrari) and the LaFerrari didn't have. What you say now bruh?

I'm using a wheel, TM t150!

8. Horus

Horus Alien

Right you are. So you now want to believe a car this expensive would not protect itself from idiots driving it? That's a rhetorical question, I'm out of here.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I guess not, many assume they are the same in all builds. No issues on pc if as someone said it doesnt shift at 2k rpm then thats a bug. Ive had no issues in any of these cars. The forum pops up recent threads and so many pc guys will likely respond without noticing its a ps4 issue.

Many cars have shift protection and it works as expected on the pc build. Many may just want to downshift from top gear to 1st at full speed and use that as a brake instead of the real one. This is why i guess some would have assumed this is the case with the op.

Alistair McKinley and Horus like this.
  10. Nothing strange about it really. If the protection-system wouldn't be there and you rev the engine to redline and instead of upshift you accidentally downshifts what will happen to the engine you think?
    But i know what you are talking about, and it is a bit frustrating if you are 50 rpm from possibility of downshifting and you are hitting that downshift-pad and nothing happens.
    And in a intense moment it could make you loose some time. But it's just how the car-manufacturers made the cars protecting them from errors made by the driver.
    I also think that if you would drive one of these cars in real life you wouldn't dare to push them as hard as in a game like this. It's just too damn expensive to make a mistake in real life.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There have been cars, mostly only f1 cars that had preselect semi automatic down shifts where you would just flick the paddle as many times as you want it to shift down then it would automatically shift down to that gear at optimal rpm. I don't know if any supercars or hyper cars ever had this but in reality people with million dollar plus hyper cars don't shift down anything like a person does in a computer game. ;) After all they need to pay for the repairs and a transmission rebuild every few sessions isn't cheap in a 599xx or zonda r so the owners will likely just shift down with some mechanical sympathy. In F1 the years they had such transmissions they likely changed the gearbox after each qualy and race and simply wanted maximum performance with just enough reliability to finish a race before it blew itself to pieces, quite often they didnt last this long still and many retired with gearbox issues.

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

So I'm here an idiot but you can't answer a simple
    Question?!

Sweet.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

what happened to "pedal to the metal"?

14. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Dunno!! After I update tha app obviously Tibet to write down the signature again

kofotsjanne likes this.
  15. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

So to the question "why can't I change gear when I want?" the answer is: because of engine and drivetrain protection.

Not all of these systems are created equal and some work differently than others.

If the Pagani one is indeed unrealistic it would be wise to do a bit of research first, before opening a thread and going nuts with emoticons.

But that's just my way of doing things, and is probably a little too measured and too rational for some people's liking...I don't know.

I'm starting to think that the concept of a sim on console perhaps isn't such a good idea after all.

16. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

So how can a racing car have this feature and let's say "stock"LaFerrari not?

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There are people much the same on PC you cant generalize people by console or PC, you should see how bad fully open pub servers are on PC. I cant imagine the general standard being much worse on console, there are bound to be some people that understand such things on console but most likely the majority more into sims would already have a good PC setup. Having a sim on console will give those using consoles an experience of something at another level to Forza/GT. I havent tried GT in ages but tried both Forza titles on PC and was amazed at how poor the driving model is so if people expect that from AC they arent going to get it. There could be a bug on the ps4 version but as someone said.

This if true is a bug but would need some sort of proof but how do you make a video of when it rejects a gearshift, It could be an option with the wheel config or drivers on the PS4. It could be a great over exaggeration in terms of the actual rpm its rejecting the gear at or a genuine issue. This doesn't happen in any of those cars on the PC version so its not likely shift protection is going to be adjusted for consoles to piss them off some more. ;) Looking at how crap Microsoft is with wheel support on the PC windows 10 release of forza its likely both consoles consider wheel support an after thought. How much influence the game devs have on how certain wheels work on the consoles I have no idea but I doubt they have much. It would be simply down to Sony or MS and the wheel manufacturers, they also have stupid officially supported/unsupported wheels so the odds of them having issues on console I think would be fairly high.

Horus likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Pretty much all the paddle shift cars will have it to some degree, the Laferrari could possibly have a pre selectable semi automatic sequential shift. Not many race cars will have this as its a big drivers aid and why only early 2000's F1 cars had this along with all other driver aids. That was in the era when supposedly a trained monkey could drive an f1 car with semi auto gearboxes, TC, ABS and pretty much unrestricted electronics. Any proper driver can deal with shifting down at the correct rpm, in a manual car you will simply kill the gearbox or engine if you do it wrong. Sequential street cars need to be fairly idiot proof but as we know there are always better idiots around to overcome any idiot proofing. :D

[​IMG]

19. Lol, the LaFerrari definitely does have downshift protection. Try it yourself, drive in any gear at near max revs then try to downshift - it won't let you, because you'll blow the engine.

The fact is, if its not letting you downshift (in any car), its because the car thinks you are too stupid and won't let you. Try and shift down properly, and the car will do so without any hesitation.

Its idiot proof, and only those who encounter the shift-protection regularly are the ones who need it.

Alistair McKinley and Horus like this.
  20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

NEVER has happened to me,...rejecting a down shift under 2k,...what wheel do you have,...???

Besides,..."coming into a corner, under 2k rpm",...what are you doing under 2000 RPM at ANYTIME,...???

And,..."sloppy button recognition",...just what does THAT mean,...???

LATE4APEX

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Chazz Ranger likes this.