1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why can't I change gears when I want????

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

So in other words,...its a hardware problem,...NOT software.

LATE4APEX

2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Are you pretending to be stupid or are you just stupid bruh???

I wrote already LaFerrari don't have any limiter or gear protection at all. Drove it yesterday, on spa, simple-no limiter at all you can downshift aggressive and place the car on point and hit the apex not hesitation at all. Go try it by yourself be4 you calling someone idiot without knowing a ****.

I'm just laughing about your idiotic comments, but that just representing you guys.

My thread is simple (but for your monkeys obviously to hard to understand), how can a fully tuned Zonda R/599XX (for other car I don't know tbh) have that limiter that don't allow you to shift down if you are hight on RPM but a stock LaFerrari don't have this one.

Why??? If we keep it"sim"you wanna tell me that LaFerraris gearbox is like cheaper then the one from Zonda R or 599XX?? I wrote everything I have tbh. If you wanna test my theory, please,

Zonda R- Imola, and see if the car is performing on downshifts as u wish. Of course no assist at all (only ABS).

LaFerrari- Spa, you'll see that the car is shifting every time you want, in every area in the RPM without any problem.

So again, please keep your stupid comments for you it's only reflecting your attitude here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its not track specific to test shift protection or not take any car at full throttle and see if you can shift down, It makes no difference if the shift points suit a particular track or driver the limit is simply to stop damage to the car. The Laferrari may have more rpm to play with and allows for more aggressive downshifts and I just tried it myself and it clearly has shift protection on the pc. It wouldnt let me shift into first from second until 4k rpm but it managed to blow an engine trying to shift from 4th to 3rd and I dont remember exactly what RPM it let me shift down at but it was clearly a bit too high. It has the downshift protection but its obviously fairly loose if it still allows you to kill an engine on the downshift.

Now Id never drive it like this anyway and any of the other cars you have issues with I dont have issues with, go take any of the cars with damage at 100% and run it then try to shift at stupid high rpm. It will either not allow the shift or blow the engine if your way over the rpm limit of the next gear. If you cant deal with this then its a driver issue or hardware issue, most likely a driver issue expecting everything on console to let you downshift like a proper muppet and get no engine or gearbox damage.

Please if you have a real car that is either manual or paddle shift go to max rpm in 3rd gear then with no brake or lift try get into 2nd and let me know how you go. ;)

marioho and Horus like this.
  5. Lol, i literally just tried it before commenting; it 100% does have downshift protection.

marioho, pippo10, LATE4APEX and 2 others like this.
  6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Doesn't matter if LaFerrari have more rpm"to play with", I drive the car on Spa, the long straight, hard breaking shifting hard, not a single lock down (?!?!). Speed was over 300km/h in 6th gear so I know what am I talking about. Are you on PC?!

7. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

PC?

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Pretty sure you also did mention trying it. :D

Im telling you its not track specific each gear will have an rpm limit and if your above that it will reject the gear tjat is what downshift protection is. I am on PC but the base code is the same in all builds, there would be no reason for this to be different.

Go to any track go to the rev limiter in 3rd or 4th and with no brake see if you can get it back to 1st. Its a fairly simple test and this will show you if down shift protection is on the car if it rejects the shifts all the way back to 1st.

Horus likes this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

Give up Mart, there are some you cannot help. They are arcade racers and have no ability to change how they drive. Once they figure out this is not an arcade game they might get further. I hope someone makes a video of down shift protection on the PS/XB so it is quite evident they are tools. iw**kabit, needs to learn to drive.

LATE4APEX and Nobby76 like this.
  10. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

See here we go again with stupid pointless insults. You really don't like it when people don't agree with your exact way of thinking do you. How childish are you REALLY.
    Hehehe a BMW you took a BMW e46 around a track. WOW you must feel great because of that, Kudos to you my friend you take that and feel special about it..

Oh and for the record the last SET of cars (not just 1 car) i drove on track (not in the pits, how dumb are you) were a Mclaren mp4-12c, Ariel atom 3, Bmw m4 gtp, Caterham super 7, Nissan GTR, Jaguar jp-lm, and a formula 3000...

pippo10, Jebus and Horus like this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

What colour is envy again? You lucky man. Peace and love to you my friend.

Nobby76 likes this.
  12. No Issue with the 599xx. Just try downshifting a little later. The LeFerrari and the 599XX are two completely different types of cars. One being a production road car and one being a highly modified track version. I've personally not *lost races or positions* due to the downshifts. Take some time to adapt to the car and I'm sure you will be fine.

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed David,...adapt,...the sign of a race driver.

LATE4APEX

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  14. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

WITH ALL THIS SAID... it is still possible the PS4 version of AC does have an bug where the LaFerrari has broken downshift protection. However, I've never seen any other post relating to this from any other PS4 users, not even the people in this thread who are defending OP/getting schooled. We know the PC build LaFerrari does have downshift protection. OP says PS4 version doesn't. Can another PS4 user please just get on AC and test it out to confirm whether OP is right or not?
    Then we can chill out.

Dookie likes this.
  15. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Yes I can confirm that the LaFerrari definitely does have downshift protection on the ps4. It's not as brutal as it is on the pagani, but it definitely is there.

16. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Thanks Luke7.

@iwanchek: like a lot of new people on the forum, you keep posting rage threads full of stupidity and misinformation, and can't accept when you've been proven wrong. Sort your sh!t out, bruh.

17. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

HEHEHE i believe it might be GREEEEEEN. :D

Regarding the cars, yeah it was awesome.. Apart from the Mclaren and the GTR (which were my bosses own cars) the rest of them were from a track day event at Palmer raceway (bedford autodrome).. Hence the Jaguar jP-lm and BMW gtP (the P in both of those stands for Palmer) they are regular versions of the cars just with a few custom tweaks that palmer requested themselves. I only got to drive the bosses Mclaren because i came 2nd out of our group in the F3000, he saw i wasn't likely to kill his car or anything like that so he said i could have a blast around the big track at palmer for 30 mins.

Although i did manage to kill an Ariel atom 3 :eek: Well technically i didn't break it, it broke, but i was driving when it happened. After lap 2 it wouldn't go any faster than about 35 mph, something to do with the electronic throttle controller/regulator had packed up, so they had me swing back into the pits and switch me out with a new one.
    By far the best fun was the F3000... Jaheesus those are scary. It's like strapping yourself to a rocket ship then letting it go, the force you get from it REALLY pushes you back into your seat.

Cost about 20 grand for the entire group to go from work, but the boss was able to claim most of that back as a deduction, he didn't mind though, we had just sold half a million pounds worth ( £ pounds, not Lbs pounds) of equipment to a tv company in greece (then we had to fly out and set all the equipment up for them, basically build a tv studio lol), so he was more than happy to reward us for it... ( i worked at europes largest supplier of Audio/Video equipment for the Pro trade)

One of the best days of my life.. If you ever get the chance to do one of those corporate race days, do it.. Brilliant fun.

Take care.. Peace be with you too my good man.

EMW SMILER, paul_wev and Horus like this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

Nobby, you are one lucky chap. Lucky maybe the wrong word as hard work deservers reward. What a great story, thank you for sharing chief.

Nobby76 likes this.
  19. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Prove it! Otherwise you're a troll!

Thnx in advance.

20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Till someone can prove that the LaFerrari indeed have the gear protection or limiter I do have right to say that's LaFerrari is free it that feature.l!

It can't be that I never have problems
    Shifting down aggressively on LaFerrari, just mention the Spa race, after like 320kmh to stop to 60/70 with hard breaking and shifting like hell down-shift procedures didt even think to block That shift down. So please, I'm 32 years old (young) and I know what am I talking about. And yes PC dudes you've not the right to post here about PS4 game
    Performance bcoz u don't play on it and just spamming the thread without any gameplay on the console makes ur comments irrelevant