1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why can't I change gears when I want????

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Are you serious? Because if you genuinely can't see for yourself that the LaFerrari will not let you shift down if your speed is too high for the gear that you are attempting to select, something is seriously wrong.

Horus likes this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Why dont you prove it? Drive the straight at full speed and shift gear to 2nd.

pippo10 and Horus like this.
  3. Prove it yourself - its easy, I'm sure even you can figure it out:

Drive in any gear at maximum revs, then attempt to shift down - the car won't let you. Simple.

If the above does not happen, ie. it lets you shift down, damaging the engine, then you have a bug, please report it.

If it does, then this thread can be closed and we can all get on with out lives peacefully.

4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

That's not a normal situation in a race so irrelevant!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Oh so you're admitting it does had downshift protection? Took your time...

kofotsjanne and Horus like this.
  6. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

You know what Iwanchek, for a 32 year old you're acting in a very infantile manner.

One of the marks of a fully matured man is his ability to acknowledge his error, learn a lesson from it, be thankful for the opportunity to learn something, and to move on.

Dying_Snail, dESK0, Jebus and 2 others like this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You admit it only stops a down shift if you shift like a muppet, I rest my case. :D

8. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I guess he played Gran Turismo before :D

9. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Wait wait, I'm admiring noting. I'm just saying that in the race on LaFerrari you can do down shifting as u wish no locking gears on a LaFerrari you can do how you like so far I know. I drove the car and I downshift pretty aggressively and have no locked gears at all!!

Simple is that. Someone's example is not valid, why( go test it or something like that)? Simple, if you drive in second 8.500rpm (LaFerrari) and you want to shift down that's impossible bcoz limit of the car is 9000k so it's impossible to change down the gear (that's what you said it bitter say you want that I test this method), which is IRRELEVATN and not in a race doable!!

I understand that in this case 599XX or even Zonda R got their limiters more aggressively and more"engine"focused that the engine don't blow up, but with "stock"LaFerrari you can do pretty much everything you want with the gearbox.

Nothing more nothing less.

11. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Learn from who?! Ignorant trolls?! Lolololololo

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Horus likes this.
  13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Didn't expect that you'll understand.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

[​IMG]

martcerv likes this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I have a feeling you would really struggle with this game.

[​IMG]

I mean the circle fits in one hole so surely it will be the same with all the others. Maybe you should complain to the manufacturer that not all pieces fit in all holes.

I also dont expect you to understand that. :D

pippo10, Horus and kofotsjanne like this.
  16. I'm a PS4 racer myself and I do find your comments to be extremely dismissive when various people are giving their experiences of the game.

The LeFerrari does indeed have the Limiter in place but its not noticeable as the downshifts aren't as quick.
    Also you are comparing a road car to track specific variants. the 599xx and Zonda R are more valuable and if you were to downshift aggressively in them you would more than likely ruin the car. Kuno's have implimented what is in the car in RL from Factory. Many games include this such as iRacing. Just no game on console has ever had this amount of realism.

Just learn to adapt to the car and adjust your driving style accordingly (apparently you know what you're doing)

I find the PC side coming into the console side relief as they have been through all of this and have stuck around. Too many people complain these days.

Horus, Jebus and martcerv like this.
  17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

I'm gonna leave the same comment here i wrote in an other thread :

A question to the mods : i read the following on this forum "THE FORUM IS HEAVILY MODERATED."
    If this is true, why is this thread still not locked ? Why are some people who insulting other people more than ones still not banned ?

The problem is not only this thread, but at least half of the threads in the console section are a mess.

CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT BEHAVE YOURSELF AND ACT LIKE ADULTS ?

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Its Saturday,...wait until Monday,...I'm sure it will be locked by then.

LATE4APEX

19. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Pretty sure the alfa 4c has it too. I'm baffled as to why one might not understand why a road car such as the laf might not have identical functions as a race car which is intended to be rinsed for laps on end.

20. Yep, any car with an automatic gearbox, semi-auto, sequential or anything not purely manual will have some form of function to prevent the bag of meat in the drivers seat from blowing an engine up from changing down too fast.

And it should be completely obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense that not all of these implementations will function in exactly the same way - so one car might allow downshifts closer to the limit than others.

And also another thing that the OP seems to have forgotten is the spacing of the ratios themselves have a huge impact in whether its possible to downshift at a certain point or not:

- A gearbox with closer ratios might allow for 'aggressive' downshifting; for example you might change down at 6000rpm, which puts you at 6500rpm, well below the limit of 7000rpm.
    - A gearbox with longer spacing might not allow that same downshift; for example you might change down at 6000rpm, which puts you at 7000rpm, on the limit. In this case it won't let you downshift, and you have to wait a fraction longer.
    What I'm getting at is OP thinks just because he doesn't encounter the Downshift Protection in the LaF, it's not there - which is utter stupidity and ignorance. He makes it sound like the Zonda R or 599XX is conspiring against him to make him lose positions by not letting him downshift, when in reality its just preventing him blowing up his engine - so he can at least finish the race in one piece.
    Check for yourself, find out the max revs you can downshift in either of these cars, and note which RPM you end up with after the downshift - you'll soon see that its just at or below the RPM limit.

So simple, I do wonder what it is about these simple concepts that OP has trouble with...