1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Ferrari 488 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 6, 2019.

1. I do not understand why this should be usefull or add more info to what I said, but here is everything:
    20190922213156_1.jpg

2. Def

Def Gamer

I can understand why Salvatore doesn't want to entertain the conversation. Of course, you can pick any car and beat anyone in a public lobby. We're talking about top end level. The Lexus is in fact not far off and comfy to drive which makes it a prime candidate for league racing.

As the OP mentioned, 488 drivers truly are heroes. The 2018 Ferrari has very little chance to be as competitive as other cars on a given track, but is good at most tracks. It is much harder to extract performance, not to mention there isn't much to gain from aggressive setup on this car.
    Some drivers can extract more pace from 488 than others, but I think it lacks a bit of performance to win a race. The 2019 BoP seems to be more favourable, will be interesting to compare.
    It feels like a rocket but the laptimes are somewhat disappointing. If you're a try hard tring yo win a championship, other cars will do the job easier than the Ferrari, I feel.

It reminds me of the Z4: make up laptime in the corners and suffer on the straight

3. Borbor

Borbor Racer

The bop isn't written in concrete. They do change it (on the same track category). The lambda / restrictor doesn't always get touched but the min weight does change during the season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

I allways drive the ferrari but i cant keep up on the straits with it

5. Is no one going to mention that amazing time in the 488? @Salvatore Amato who knows how much faster you can go? But I understand your point I wish the cars were more balanced so everyone can use the car they like and still be able to compete. Maybe kunos is not allowed to do that and have to keep the BOP realistic. On another note a 47.0 at monza got you 15th? That is one tough league you're part of.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  6. Thank you John. Too kind XD.
    Anyway I finished 18th in the end, but I left the league.
    Yeah in that league there are very good drivers to race against.
    If you want to follow them look for pitlaneTV on youtube, but in italian.
    It will start in october.

7. I've never seen that level of competition. I've never seen more than 2 players at a time do a 46 in qualy. And your temperature wasn't even that cold. You don't have to leave though. You can make up for it at Hungary and Barcelona. Also Misano and Zolder are very good for it. The problem with monza I'm sure you know is that even if you're similarly paced to a Mercedes or Lexus they will overtake on the straight. You make up time on the second chicane yes but unless you can get in front of them there you wont pass them. And of course they can just block you there very easily. Unless the Merc makes a mistake coming out of the parabolica you wont pass even with a slipstream.

8. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  9. bopped car?

10. Borbor

Borbor Racer

imagine you're the manufacturer writing the technical handbook for your customer.
    There are off the top of my head no less than 4 major series around the world racing GT3.

Do you think they're going to write the "ideal" shift point for every BOP scenario?

Besides which what makes you think the acc one is bop'ed per circuit?

11. what are you talking about? :confused:
    Who wrote that paper?
    you know it?

12. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Maybe I missed something in your previous message, so let's seek clarification.

When you quoted my pic with a message of "bopped car", what were you asking exactly

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

13. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

@Borbor there is more to it than just one rpm shift point fits all. The car engines are different and whether they are naturally aspirated or with turbo makes a difference - also to how narrow the optimum shift range is.

The best info on this I am aware about for ACC is found in this Reddit post - LINK.

For example, to fit the topic of this thread, about the Ferrari is concluded:

"Ferrari 488 GT3 - 7000 to 7100 RPM

The 488 is one of the less complicated turbo'd cars: just shift up when the red light comes up on your dashboard. But don't be too early or you'll lose potential since the power band of the Ferrari is very focused. Also, don't shift too late because the 488's rev limiter kicks in very early. Practise precise upshifts in this car to get the most out of it."

But for some of the other cars the shift point falls before the red light, or when the blue light starts to blink.

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

o_O

In this Ferrari 488 GT3 blog has borbor linked a snapshot of an Ferrari 488 GT3 tech. manual with a shift recommendation at 7100 rpm.

Where is the difference?

Confused.

P. S.: In some cars you don't even know the rpm, you only have rev. lights.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  15. Borbor

Borbor Racer

mate.

go back to my screenshot and take a close look on the top left corner.

then again, it's not the car in the game, so who knows. but that's where they "should" be shifting if the model is close to the real thing.

16. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

I stand corrected. But your screenshot is not very helpful. It says in the first column 'Car' just 'GT3' which made me think you were suggesting the same shift point for all GT3 cars. that other info is pretty hard to spot (at least on my mobile phone it is blurred and very small text).

I would expect the optimal shift point in the game to be very similar to IRL, since all cars are modelled by factory data.

In any case hopefully the link is of interest for understanding the other cars in the game :)

17. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Can someone please explain how to figure out the TC 2 that’s in the 488. I’m racing the Ferrari in a league but I’ve never touched TC2 only the TC1. I don’t understand how to use them in conjunction with one another.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Tim Meuris and warth0g like this.
  19. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

There's a forum thread somewhere in here, which describes TC for all cars, so can recommend to search.

In short, TC1 decides when the TC system should engage and TC2 decides how much (how aggressive). The general recommendation for the 488 TC system is to not have more than one number difference between the two systems.

Personally I always use 3/3 for dry conditions, but how to set it up is naturally total user preference.

Tim Meuris and warth0g like this.
  20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien