1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic ACC Console Info

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by PHA7VTOM, Jun 16, 2020.

1. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

PS4 base

PS4 Pro

2. Rebel_488

Rebel_488 Racer

sorry looks like above already posted same vid I thought he was comparing os4 and the pro versions only

3. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Actually 30fps is pretty common on console, and I'm pretty sure Pcars2 cant do 60fps.
    https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Nonetheless, Aris has confirmed that the physics is identical to the PC version. This has resulted in the fps tradeoff.

So I guess the question to all the console users here - would you be happier if the devs simplified the physics to achieve better fps?

4. Mark Ryan

Mark Ryan Gamer

No, the underlying physics is why people will buy it. The original AC is a prime example, with regards to the physics, nothing comes close on console. The PS4 Pro game play vid looked fine, i would like to se a One x gameplay vid also to compare. Regardless though people now aday seem to get too caught up in FPS, Graphics etc etc, forgetting one core concept the way the game plays.

5. I personally have to take off my hat at what I see in those two videos. I was quite skeptical, but now I only have the question of whether it is compatible with a USB keyboard, since I have a button box based on a keyboard. (It would also be great if it were compatible with a USB mouse, but it is secondary for me)

With a version identical to that of PC, with the limitations of FPS and the number of cars on the grid, I am very satisfied.

Cheers

sissydriver and jaxx_za like this.
  6. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

No. The most important thing about a hardcore sim is the accuracy of the physics etc. Kunos made the right choice.

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

look at the end of the stream that aris did tonight, some interesting information bout console. ;)

8. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

9. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Can be found at 3:01:00 here:

Sounds impressive.

10. Mark Ryan

Mark Ryan Gamer

Juts watched this, sounds good for sure... One thing i noticed though is he spoke with a little bit of passion about it, which is good to hear. I would still love to see XB1X gameplay.....to settle my nerves :p

11. Yes I've been looking for the Youtubers to preview it for everyone,So far nothing, Only Z28 Telling everybody not to buy it? Not a good sign and i Really want Kunos to be successful with this as i play both PC and Console but have Alot of friends Anxious to play it on Tuesday?

12. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I know a few people who have received their copies of ACC already and are thoroughly enjoying it. They said that going from GT Sport you'll notice the difference in FPS but it's totally fine to play.

The level of secrecy from Kunos and 505 Games is strange given people who have it seem really quite positive. I suppose if an official review lands people are more likely to pay real attention to anything negative.

13. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

I'm not a game dev so I don't know if it makes sense to say this but I would've preferred FPS over resolution. It is what it is now, people will get used to it. Will the game be on the latest version? Does anyone know?

14. It is in version 1.3.7. The PC version goes for 1.4.4.

And I agree with you, especially on more powerful hardware. In One X it is native 4k (according to the faq) and I have doubt that it leaves it set to 1080. I would also prioritize FPS at the cost of resolution.

"Xbox One X is native 4K with the same quality improvements as listed for the PS4 Pro edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione."

A little ambiguous ...

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    rich1e I likes this.
  15. Mark Ryan

Mark Ryan Gamer

Watch the stream from Aris, he said they tried their best to get it there but they did not want to change the underlying physics / sounds juts for a few more FPS. We are literally getting the same Physics as the PC and a trade off in FPS + Textures + Resolution had to be made to compromise for it. I get why people are a little upset about the 30fps but the game play form the PS pro looks fine and most likely is a little better live rather than a youtube video with there compression.

16. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Yeah I get that, what I want to say is maybe turn down resolution a bit more, say maybe 900p on PS4 and bit less on Xbox would be totally fine but increase FPS instead. 30FPS, come on!

17. Mark Ryan

Mark Ryan Gamer

I get ya, 30fps is not great, but form the way Aris spoke i think that's all they could get regardless so they stuck with it to make the it playable and also not looking complete garbage... It was a trade off... It is what it is i guess.

18. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The physics isn't the issue - as you say you would only get a few more FPS. The Unreal graphics are just very demanding.

19. Mark Ryan

Mark Ryan Gamer

Do you mean the Unreal Engine that is being used or you mean "Unreal Graphics" as PC related ?

20. The physics and AI are critical - the game completely changes if either of those are deprecated. So that leaves two things that can be tweaked... framerate or graphics/sound quality. I would prefer to lose textures and detail, especially in parts of the game that don't impact how it plays, like in the trees/grass/sky and perhaps lower fidelity sound, to get the framerate up and then bring up graphics for the road, weather, competitor cars and so on up with whatever headroom is available.

So, my priorities would be:
    Physics > AI > Framerate > Graphic/Audio Detail

It seems the route that Kunos took was:
    Physics > AI > Graphic/Audio Detail > Framerate

Of course, where AI slots in is still just a guess until we have some playing time. The trade-off between detail and framerate may be questionable, but if they've lost AI to keep texture in the trees then it really falls apart.