1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My Open Letter For ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jardier, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Muscleheim

Muscleheim Gamer

IIRC, it's 3 new GT3 cars and a bunch of GT2 cars. It's also, if I'm not mistaken, the last DLC for ACC.

2. You are saying someone doesn't know how to do it's job. Or does not want to do it properly.
    The cars are still within tenths. Not even irl they are that close.
    And people complain about the bop also there.
    About the dlcs, we know the new one is going to be released in early 23. Ratel announced it in June 22. We know its content too, Massarutto announced it 2 minutes later. We know that. What we dont know is the exact date. Maybe they don't know that either. I can tell you it's gonna be before 6pm CET. To be honest it changes nothing to me now, if they announce it's gonna be released the 25th of April. If you have a full schedule from today to April and you may not have the time to make any content or event with the new gt2 class the same day they get released, good for you, you are going great.
    It would be nice to know in advance? If they do not tell you, they have a reason. It would be nice for them if you don't complain about that perhaps :D

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

ACC physics have nothing to do with UE.
    ACC physics come from AC engine (Kunos own engine) and ACC graphics come from UE.

—-////—-

On the matter of BOP, what I find mostly noticeable is the lack of Porsche’s top speed at some tracks (Spa, Paul Ricard, Bathurst, for instance) and the lack of Ferrari’s acceleration; in race start it’s particularly evident as it’s almost certain that the Ferrari will drop 2 or 3 places until T1.

In the case of the Ferrari lack of acceleration punch it could be due to its longer gear ratio from 1st up to 3rd, but yet there is a clear pit of power at lower/mid revs that seems to handicap it a bit to much compared to the others.

In content department, I particularly do miss the tracks from GTW 2020 (Magny-Cours), 2021 (Magny-Cours and Valencia) and 2022 (Magny-Cours, Valencia and Hockenheim).
    It’s 1 track added for each calendar season.

When it comes to bugs/issues, the most annoying ones are regarding driver swaps. To name just one, if the player currently driving don’t have the virtual mirror active in the options, the following player also doesn’t have virtual mirror even if he has it on in his own options; the work around is to circle views (F1) to have it on again.

Regarding cut tracking my suggestion is to implement a visual map guide for each track (could be shown on the track map visible while in the pit garage and also in the track map, if it’s active on the HUD) where the corner cut rules are shown, because they can be different for different tracks and even can be different for different corners in the same track, plus can also be different from qualifying session to race.
    The track limits are usually set by the track lines delimiter on the sides of the track, but there are exceptions where the track limit is not the line but the curb.
    Overall the cut rules can be well implemented but without a proper guidance for the players they can be racing blind on this matter, without truly knowing where and when the racing line can be wider or not; in real world the drivers are debriefed/informed about track limits, so they do know where the limits are.

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Has that been confirmed as the end of ACC? I thought there were rumours of an SRO GT Asia track pack? I do agree, even without direct communication it does feel ACC is entering the end of days.

What happens to SRO’s esports activities if support for ACC is canned? Genuine question.

https://www.thesimgrid.com/hosts/sroesports

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The Discord of Aris is highly recommended and non toxic except for friendly banter between guys. It is very helpful in all topics etc.
    If you ask a loaded question and react to a opposing view as if being attacked you'll have problems on all online chat rooms.

Manc, AndyK70 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  6. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

No. In Marco's Massarutto words: "We believe GT2 will be the great pack for ACC. Maybe to say goodbye, we don't know."

That depends on what "support" mean. ACC will still be there for years (with some missing tracks and cars).

D.Jankovic and Mogster like this.
  7. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

To me it feels insane that ACC is in its final momentum. In my eyes it just barely reached maturity, and would need the final support, variety and bug fixes.

Concerning Jarier, he is one of the reasons I'm here since the first day of ACC, and I'm sure many others too.

If I had any day in this, ACC wouldn't die but evolve in a e-sport racing SIM as was doing so far, while AC2 will inevitably end up being the "Gran Turismo" of Assetto Corsa.

Keep a focused on hardcore SIM and the less accurate more "fun" one separated.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Agree 100%

9. GONKO

GONKO Racer

This is incorrect. UE4 is running the physics too and simulation. The parameters are kunos proprietary of course.

10. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Sadly, i disagree.
    I won't repeat what was written here as it was very nasty and very insulting to me. My advice stands. Avoid the discord. Aris himself is a really nice guy though, as to is Andymon that runs the server for him.

#snajdan likes this.
  11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The physics are independent of UE4 in the sense that ACC runs on UE4 engine but suspensions, tyres, aero, etc., in a sentence, all the physics related to the car/tyres simulation are a (big) evolution of AC.
    ACC physics are developed in parallel rather than originating from UE4.

12. Temetias

Temetias Rookie

Having participated in that race in the Lexus, I can say that the only reason the car was almost a viable pick is that there was a custom bop applied in the race. Lexus had 0 kilos and the others were carrying ballast. Also, Paul Ricard just happens to be the only track where Lexus can still almost go toe to toe with top cars with some help from ballast.

Even with the ballasts applied, over half of the grid was in M4 because of the bop on that track is not perfect.

You talk a lot about car's being within tenths but that's literally not the case even on every track. Take kyalami / laguna for example. The porsche is miles ahead of the others in that track, to the extent that even if you use the full custom bop budget of 30 kilos you can't get the field together. Also "within tenths" isn't enough for top level esports. It needs to be much closer, and the data is out there to make it closer too.

ZeMadMan932 likes this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't see how that could work. With the next title moving to an inhouse engine, wouldn't it be difficult for them to support two completely different engines?

I think the next AC title could be a bit of a reset allowing the two titles to merge into one.

14. Bwoah. I remember the lexus dominanting the field when it rains. I don't want the cars to go the same in all tracks with every contition, with every temperature, with every grip level. Of course you get those 2 tenth when there are 1h races and you get the server config file 1 month before to train for 500 hours. What if it started raining? There will always be a difference in the real world.
    Since this game aims to replicate what happens irl, and irl it happens there are huge differences, I don't care about the problems esport drivers may have on top of that.
    A car which is very easy to overtake with, a car that must be piloted by someone who's fit for it, a car that is easier to push to the limit, a car that suffers degradation and so on.
    You said it's not enough for you when the cars are within tenths for an esport level. Well f*** esport then! :rolleyes:It's impossible to get what you want if you keep it realistic at the highest level.
    There are not only esport simracers. And however also esport has to be interesting in order to be watched by interested people (which the reason why an esport driver can exist). I don't like this attitude at all. I didn't buy the title because they announced the esport series (infact I don't remember that). I bought the tile for its high level of detail and the promise to keep it realistic, no matter the complains. You are 2 tenth a lap slower? But who cares.
    About laguna seca and the Porsche, we don't know the reason why that car looks to be so fast. It may not be directly related to the bop. That may be caused by some issues with the physic engine, things they couldn't predict they miss in the model may lead to the roll resistance issue Aris said they have. fixing that alone could perhaps fix the differences. It could happen that once the tyre model changes, all of that disappears. But they are not gonna give me a completely different car from the real one, it terms of bop, because of that.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    BoKi 2 likes this.
  15. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I agree with @Turk
    At the present AC2 content and features are yet unknown although, from the little that is unveiled, AC2 will truly be AC successor, unlike ACC.

AC has quite a few GT3 cars, so it’s very plausible that AC2 will have them also.
    However I find it more unlikely that AC2 will feature ACC GT3 in-depth rules, seasons, liveries and season tracks and I think so mainly due to license constraints.

Unless Kunos will remain a SRO partner - Stéphane Ratel clearly is enthusiastic about ACC and Kunos :D - so, who knows, if AC2 will not truly merge AC and ACC into one, porting, so to say, ACC content, features and rules to AC2.
    If that would be the case, it would be a monumental task for Kunos and surely the development cost would also increase but, on the other hand, would take advantage of much of the effort and knowledge gathered for ACC and the final product would be one of the most accomplished sim titles of the new generation games.

16. Temetias

Temetias Rookie

Outdated info, that was patched ages ago. Nowadays the car is not great in the rain. Yes, conditions have an effect and will obviously cause a disturbance in the bop balance but we are nowhere close to the situation where you could argue that would fix it. The base bop needs to be much closer.

Well, sorry to break it to you but the current state of bop is already very far from realism. In real world the porsche is often the fastest car in the on the straight lines but slightly slower in corners. In the sim it's the exact opposite, to the point that it's a hinderance to the car's raceability. Also, you do understand that these "complains" are all sparked by enthusiasm towards the game and people just want to see it become better. Being realistic doesn't necessarily mean it's worse for competition and vice versa.

Well, this is my point. Those who play this game at the highest level do know. And yes it is fixable with bop. I don't understand why you feel the need to throw these statements around when they're not true. It's literally the job of the professional drivers to know these things and they all say the same.

This tells everything about your attitude about improving the game for the competitive environment and I feel it's pointless to argue with you further.

17. Yes, of course now that shows my attitude...:D:D
    It's pointless from the very beginning. It's not your job. It's their job. They have the data that counts, you don't. This is the situation. They are the ones to be thrusted.

18. And however, if you really want to "improve the competition", why don't you suggest to completely remove setup adjustements for every multiplayer mode? Completely. You can enjoy setting up the car, but in single player.
    You want to improve the competition? Aggressive setup for everything, always, no telemetry and random config file and let's see who has it. Because right now, it's not like it's a fair competition accessable to everybody. Simply because not everyone has the time a kid has. It's a game, after all.
    :p
    So, in the end, you work for yourself. You want to most suitable conditions for yourself to grow.
    I understand that. But I don't buy it. It's just a fake argument.
    :)(Let me put a smile emoji to avoid my attitude to be misunderstood)

BoKi 2 likes this.
  19. Tristt

Tristt Gamer

This i agree on each points in the thread.

I said in the passed what needs to be added or improved, examples are;
    • Safety Cars - (allowing the AI or Drivers to take the wheel of the SC. When you see in a stream event or completing, seeing Safety car as a driver in the race, it make the immersion and stream event
    • unrealistic.)
    • driver swap - (Allowing a more stable swap and not be affected by a disconnect would make so much sense.)
    • offtracks - (theres been times were i seen some qestionable track cuts, which i beleive to be offtracks. If we are meant to have a realistic simulator, that wants to compete with Iracing, this needs to be address.),
    • Physics and suspension - ( What was happening with the tyres and their heat issues? This i know been patch since 1.8, and i do think there's still a lot of work thats needs to be done. Including many more which can be improved.)
    • Fixed setups - ( Yes, for all the new users we need server hosted by the kunos that do fixed setups, Iracing have this feature and it so works. I can easily see the user based increase by more than double the current number, this would benefit the game and bring new drivers to acc events.)
    • Online system - (IRacing has a system rank by driver license (Irating license). To put it simply, The system put you in driver class, starting from D, C, B, A and if you able to make the cut Pro. why not have a system like this which will challenge new drivers to improve their current racing craft.)

kamkie likes this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It’s hard to imagine that all mentioned in this article is just about to be abandoned.

https://traxion.gg/why-esports-is-vital-to-kunos-simulazioni-and-assetto-corsa-competizione/

Tristt likes this.