1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Interesting article with formula renault 2.0 driver severin austerschmidt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, May 6, 2015.

1. I am so sick of direct drive wheel being the new simracing crutch...don't like how a game feels, it's because you didn't spend a few thousand dollars on a wheel....please....Kunos don't even have a direct drive wheel yet somehow people claim that the only way to enjoy AC is with one...whatever.

If I spent that kind of money on a toy I would convince myself that it was better than sex also.

For the last few years the mantra has been that if you can't enjoy a game it is all because of input lag...now it is because you don't own a DD wheel....whatever.

Anyways, I know the guys at pretend race cars have reached out to a couple other real life racers that also enjoy simming so hopefully there will be some more interviews like this.

As an aside:
    @David Dominguez
    Why are you here exactly? Every other post you make is throwing shade at AC in some form or another yet in the meantime you are responsible for an NSX mod with obvious errors that have been that way for six months now and your Mazda mod is close to 30 seconds too fast around the Ring...I still appreciate your mod contributions but you really should be careful throwing all those rocks while living in a glass house.

wedge_one, steno and Cote Dazur like this.
  2. Id like to say assetto corsa is complete crap , i drive a daewoo matiz and feels absolutely nothing like the zonda r!:oops::D

PhenOm likes this.
  3. If you actually cared to read my messages with a criticism pov instead of "this guy just throws rocks to AC" you'd actually understand why cars like the Mazda are for example that fast.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  4. Psit

Psit Alien

I can assure you that after spending 1100 euros on a diy dd wheel i am 100% sure that AC was not made for these kind of wheels.
    The consumer version of AC at least.
    If AC FFB support stays like this (huge sat forces) i will :
    1. Become very fit from my waist and up
    2. Get tired of fighting a spring -like force that is not normal and stop playing this

Really, at the start it was tolerable but after playing SCE with this wheel i can really see its potential and AC is spilling the beans right now.

Bought this wheel for AC, have at least halved the time playing AC since building it.

/Vent off

5. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i hope that gets sorted but it is frustrating to see it used as a crutch by others. "oh its your wheel, you didnt spend $1000+ on that, its not direct drive"....no, its your FFB, no one is building ffb specifically for DD wheels when theyre such a small part of market & were practically non-existent at consumer level as recently as a year or so ago.

6. I can understand why a DD wheel would work much better in GSC since Neils himself uses one. But using one in a game/sim that isn't designed for it seems to me like fitting off road tires to a Corvette at a track day and then wondering why the car isn't handling correctly.

PhenOm likes this.
  7. yusupov

yusupov Alien

well, i think developers have a responsibility to appease both crowds. the vast majority with our toy wheels & the guys who spend $1500 only to find it unusable with their sim of choice.

8. Psit

Psit Alien

No.

Kunos put exaggerated SAT forces to make up for the weaker wheel's ability to give you a nice feel, and they got that right.

We (dd wheel users) only need a SAT slider in the ffb options. Please @AC Support ?

Your example is nothing like what i am saying.

Edit: Forgot to mention, KS have professional customers, i bet they dont use G25's , right?

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Patrik Marek and yusupov like this.
  9. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Just today I was thinking about to buy a new wheel (just because of AC by the way) and I have planed to hop on the DD Train too.
    Currently I'm driving with a G27 which is totally ok for common use, but in AC there is a certain point (when you drive a lot) where the abilities of a common wheel setup are not enough - its just a subjective feeling-.

10. Psit

Psit Alien

So from my posts, your verdict is that you need a DD wheel for AC?

Wait.

11. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Racer

It's cheaper to change sim. :)

12. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I would have thought that at this age, new sims would have settings deep inside the engine code, that would based on your wheel setup most of the settings, and you would only need few sliders to tweak FFB to your linking.

it's obvious that same FFB settings can't produce same effect on different wheels.
    but rather then having 30 sliders to control that, I would prefer if game sets the base ones on it's own, and then just gives me few ones to tweak

I have tried GSCE on my fanatec, but something is/was wrong. after leaving pitlane wheel snapped to almost full lock left and FFB mototrs went crazy, so I quickly quit the game,
    haven't tried it since then ( on wheel)

13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

partrik, can almost guarantee that the issue with SCE is you need to reverse the FFB. whichever way the slider is, put it the other...and start at a lower setting :)

14. AC can make a G27 feel like a cheap wheel, just change to a more advanced sim and your G27 will get back to life.

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

I suggest to read this: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/steering-locks-list-updating.20596/

About AC ffb i can only say that i struggled for about 2 months trying to find the best settings for my wheel after reading a lot of guides and asked people with my same wheel(always used gamepad) and i never had the right feeling in game, but after reading and doing what the guy suggest on the linked topic, i have totally different ffb(better) on my wheel and more precision in driving. For example, before i couldnt feel the car losing grip or its behavior at all but now i can feel the car connected to the road and exactly if the rear or front is losing grip or one or more tyres are spinning. I also saw other people saying that they have better feeling with this settings, so it can't be only my imagination. Give it a try

16. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Very nice read, cheers!

17. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

thanks, I will look into it

18. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i dont think thats true at all! it seems some just dont like AC FFB (this is not regarding issues w/ powerful DD wheels, which is entirely different). empty box has had a fanatec csw & now csw2 & always complained about AC ffb. and ive seen plenty of ppl w/ logitech wheels say its the best ffb in the industry. so i dont think wheel quality is the issue, it just doesnt agree with everyone.

f1webberfan likes this.
  19. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Man, talking about imagination ...
    For me A.C. since FIRST TRY is the FIRST game that actually gives me the feedback I need to be adequate and I've driven almost every game that is over there on the market sim or arcade. So I really don't get when people say that they didn't feel anything. What are you guys talking about? You either didn't set your wheels right from the start or you are looking for something else ... and I mean like feedback.
    As for the thread you linked I'm looking at that thread myself even if I had wheel locks for all the cars already because I realized that it's common sense that different cars have different wheel locks, basically, so they drive differently. And I even didn't used apps to set my wheel - I just played a bit while looking at the pedal app which is default app in the game. Yes, it's a shame that we don't have all cars with presets for such things like wheel locks but I guess if we have we will have people that are angry that they cannot setup their wheel as their desired settings. ;)
    Never satisfied, yes.
    But saying you can't feel anything in A.C. is just ... not true at all! I'm really surprised by such comments.

Nao and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Racer

SCE uses RealFeel so I don't think the sliders do a lot - unless you want to mix in-game ffb with RealFeel.

The main settings are in 'RealFeelPlugin.ini', and the line(s) something like MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-3600.000000 determines the feedback strength. The negative sign indicates whether ffb is reversed or not.

It's a couple of years since I tweaked the settings but I think what I've said is correct.

Patrik Marek likes this.