1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Interesting article with formula renault 2.0 driver severin austerschmidt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, May 6, 2015.

1. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Well, you started the crap talk. hahahaha. :) If the car is slowing down he is obviously using brakes amongst other things, in that video. I fixed my youtube link page for you. :p

3. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

I have that, best upgrade ever, easy to install and transforms the G27 brakes into something you can use to reliably threshold brake with!

A little warning though, youl'd better have the pedal stand and seat bolted down good since it takes a lot of force to max brake with that mod, 32kg I think!

4. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

And where was my crap exactly? :)
    You mean he is using the TC?
    I'll check it out later.
    As a side note I think in all instances he is applying throttle after the brake phase or during acceleration. That's why I used the therm throttle blipping.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  5. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Thank you. Both are mounted well already. I'll giv the Load Cell a try since $129.95 (€115.72) is a fair price for the whole kit.

6. Niki Đaković

Definition of throttle blipping follows : "On each of the downshifts you apply roughly 65% of throttle for short instance of time to stabilize the revs and prevent the rear wheels from locking as in abrupt downshift. Obviously not necessary to mention this is all happening during BRAKING." This is not open to interpretation. Please stop trolling. Or I'll have no choice but to troll you as well, as if how do you even race with such low understanding of very basics of vehicle dynamics. :rolleyes:

7. You're getting even colder.

I know what blipping is, I'm a right foot braker and I heel and toe if I need to. What I'm talking about is a technique that comes from the GPL days, aliens started using extremely oversteery setups and to keep them stable on corner entry they would keep some throttle while in gear to keep the car stable while braking. That technique isn't doable in real life because you would murder the brakes in a matter of a few laps.

Again, I'm not talking about blipping. That's entirely different and perfectly fine.

Nahkamarakatti and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. Niki Đaković

Ok. Good to clear that out. Some people used to do that in LFS too. As to degree of turning into corners with opposite lock! I always found that unrealistic, unless karting. I never got into doing that except as in instance of simply overdoing the corner entry, which can happen in real life too. Haven't seen it either be possible to do on constant basis in AC, nor necessary to be fast.

9. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

So what people do is still apply throttle under braking so they could turn the car more? (not talking about heel-toe/blipping to shift down)

10. Not exactly. In theory it allows a super aggressive setup and corner entry, since you can stabilise the car yourself. It's less and less used as sims improve. Used to be big on iRacing years ago, not so much now.

11. Used to be the only way to complete a lap at any speed in the iracing skippy was to use throttle/brake at same time...think it is fixed now

12. Niki Đaković

Come to think of it. Iirc some guys did use this infamous technique in assetto corsas McLaren gt3 to run super low wing oversteery setup.

13. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Okey but bare with me for a second. Maybe you misunderstood me. By blipping the throttle, in that case, I mean when you are not applying full throttle when exiting a corner. As you can see, he is applying some throttle then no throttle, then throttle again. And that is when he is already in the apex phase of the corner where you are not decelerating but accelerating.

14. St3fan

St3fan Alien

15. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

That article has made me wondering ... why does other drivers don't do that then? There was telemetry back then. Or because it's this guy that makes this techniques special.
    Well I guess that is not that true in games - no tyre wear and such.

16. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

overlapping throttle and brake in real life s a waste of both energie's, its not applicable in the real world but...do you think that's air your breathing...interesting. .

17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

No, I mean, did Michael Schumacher do it all wrong? Should he actually lift off from the throttle entirely rather than having some pressure on the pedal all the time?

18. Yes.

It's one or the other, one shouldn't overlap both inputs, preferably. He probably wasn't doing it all the time though, maybe only on a hotlap.

St3fan likes this.
  19. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Here for those who are interested but don't know exactly what it is about.

Heel and Toe downshifting @ 0:16
    And you can see "left foot braking" (This is how I do braking too)

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  20. Except Heel and Toeing isn't what we're talking about, that's what was wrongly assumed.

Seriously people, reeeeeead ! :D