1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ps4 version imminent?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by JamesYZN, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But do you notice better fps performance on 20 AIs vs 20 AI human drivers? I haven't noticed, so to me that says doesn't matter the driver behind the car, but the car itself carries many physics calculations. Also multiples lods (level of car details as they go farther) optimizations play a significant role. Running 20 cars with only 1 lod will give worse fps than 20 cars with 3 lods.
    At the race start where every car is together, is more taxing on the cpu and gpu, because the cars aren't that far away, so the lower detailed lods aren't in use yet.

2. Steve Hindon

Steve Hindon Hardcore Simmer

Kind of dissapointing for me ... I liked the Fact that AC was for hardcore SIM racers on the PC

Now I fear It will turn in to another mass market SIMCADE game similar to PCARS .

I hope that content [ cars / tracks ] will be mirrored on both platforms .. and that development on the BROKEN / INCOMPLETE pc code will continue .. I purchased a £1000 pc to play AC [ instead of buying a PS4 ] ... now I fear I may have wasted my money !

3. Ricardo Gama

Ricardo Gama Rookie

Fear not, young padawan.

Simos and Cote Dazur like this.
  4. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes (most of the time since it depends on single licence).
    Sure! AC will be improved and the results will benefit both the versions.

The core engine will remain the same: it will not be dumbed down.

5. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

The Game/Sim isnt half ready and now this :rolleyes:

6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

They aren't releasing the game on consoles tomorrow. Meaning they are still working on game updates and content for the PC version. And any game improvements they do on the PC, will be less work for the console game, since it will be a better product when it releases on consoles.

7. Steve Hindon

If that's the case can you confirm the online code and user interface are going to be fixed for the PC ?

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't really see that happening. As a small developer Kunos is going to have to do something different to get noticed on consoles. their physics is their trump card. If they go down the simcade road they'll be like everyone else.

The PC is still going to be the best platform to play on. Better graphics are a given, higher frame rates are more than likely (depending on hardware) and I don't think consoles will ever have the rage of peripherals that the PC has. Plus, we'll have the rift this time next year with no real route to market for sony's morpheus. We'll still be the master race.

Christopher Low likes this.
  9. In the facebook thread Manu confirmed that there is already a new (much better) UI and that it is VR friendly.

iamtheaussiestig likes this.
  10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

And if you are into mods then all these things listed by you aren't even that important. If you aren't then yeah, those are the key points.

11. Special Note.......I feel proud of myself for refusing to post in the "Arcadification" thread :cool:

TDS and 6S.Manu like this.
  12. Steve Hindon

Depends if they wish to sell on mass ... or to the limited hardcore market ...

From many years experience , consoles will pander to the masses with no exception ... I really do hope AC don't follow suit

vanveen likes this.
  13. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Console games sell more which could mean Sim racers become a minority and minorities have less input than the majority.

It's good for Kunos but perhaps not so good for the true Sim racer.

14. Steve Hindon

Exactly !!

15. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes. The former is planned for 1.2, the latter is in development and seems very good: modern and ready for VR and high resolution screens.

16. I don´t own Assetto Corsa (or a proper gaming PC as a matter of fact) but I´ve played it with a wheel several times and I really, really enjoyed. A great simulator and, for me, the one that feels correct in both my brain and hands.
    As an owner of a Xbox One this reveal couldn´t make me more happy! Thanks you Kunos!

Regarding the "console noobs" and "kids in their playstations" opinions... they are deeply wrong. There is a market for sim-racing games on consoles! For years, I´ve participated in several league races on FM4 and FM3, but it always lacked something. That one last inch of realism and the ability to organize full-blown racing weekends for over 100 people! (Yes, you heard it). After the PCars release, we tried to organize our races in there, but the bugs and general instability has led us to years of waiting for a proper working racing simulator. I seriously hope AC has come to save us!

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/ - Kunos, try and chat with this website! This is the largest league racing website for Xbox and is full of great and helpful people that can give you great feedback on how to organize league racing. Currently, they are running a British GT Champioship with over 100 entries! Beat that PC League Racing!

Again, keep up the good work!

LeDude83 and Quffy like this.
  17. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Uhm -What wrong with the user interface ?

18. Steve Hindon

Sounds encouraging ...

So as we have a small audience with the Dev team , Please don't bow to peers and turn AC in to a mass market simcade racing game ... AC is the best simulator out there .. without exception.

Don't give into " fame and fortune " and sacrifice the hard work you guys have done on Realism

Keep up the good work and i'll keep flying the KS FLAG .. :D

19. The framerate on the grid with all 21 AI cars in front of me @ Vallelunga Club was 85fps.

20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You are right, but at the same time also wrong.
    Look here in this forum. We have achieved 100.000+ users! Unbelievable numbers for us and for simracing forums of a single title. AC has also sold for much more than 200.000 copies.

... and yet, here we are always talking between the same guys. Count us. You'll see we are some hundreds of people (probably more) that keep posting and talking in this forum. Everybody else is lurking or very very occasionally posting. We (devs) are talking with you vocal minority because we know you're the most passionate about it.

zamex23, xystof, Fear and 21 others like this.