1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I have seen some incredibly violent FFB behavior over the years when first trying new titles/builds. I always turn down the forces and gradually turn them up after initial testing. Anyone using a DD wheel may learn that the hard way but, even lesser wheels can do damage - if not to the user, the hardware itself.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Wooopeeee more sliders!!!!
    This guy is a comedian right?

Nahkamarakatti and LeDude83 like this.
  3. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

We quoting from other forums now, are we??

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Why not? Doesn't it show your investment in good light.
    Must we now pass everything by you before we post? I don't see forum moderator beneath your name.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jebus likes this.
  5. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Ahahahahahah.

So now I'm an investor?? Didn't know about that.

Funny to see people who doesn't care about a game and go to other forums and grab quotes to show on another forum. That's quite funny ;)

Patrik Marek likes this.
  6. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

If he had quoted and responded in that vein on the original forum then the banstick would have been used

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I can ask you the same question.

People were complaining that FFB defaults of pCars "sux" or similar. Now a way to provide more desirable defaults is proposed, yet people continue to complain.
    As far as I remember it was mentioned that a few "defaults" are planned to be added for the player to choose from.
    Obviously you can never satisfy everyone, complainers will complain.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

As I've said before, the game devs should be telling the player how a car should feel, not the other way around. If the physics engine/tyre model/aero etc are so superior to AC's (allegedly), then that shouldn't really be a problem should it?

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. nonnex

nonnex Alien

You would only be if you would get a yield, or partly liable for loss ;/
    Thats exaclty what I would change regarding the current crowd founding movement, which is cool, but the next step could be to get away from the "take my money only" to a kind of stakeholder relationship. But thats going too far and off topic.

Topic: Well, why not having a finger on the racing sim pulse. I like to know whats going on in general even if its quoted from other forums.

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Yes it was hilarious. The AC forums were quiet so I went to see what the many complaints about pCars were all about today. Glad you found that so amusing ;)

TCLF, Jebus and LeDude83 like this.
  11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Obviously FFB sliders doesn't change mechanics how the FFB works or the physics of the car, the A car won't feel like B car because you adjusted 1 or 2 sliders, the character will still persist unless you are clipping or the forces are too low to feel.
    If the user has a better results with custom settings why he should use the ones provided by the devs?
    Either way FFB across the sims is just interpretation and it doesn't give the feel what you would get in a real car. For this reason I don't see why one should take what devs provide for granted.

Personally if I had sliders in AC I would have toned down SAT and vertical forces on some cars a long time ago.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  12. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

so the strenght of the physics engine is defined by FFB ? ..oh I see, I always thought it's about how the car handles, and not how well the FFB is faked

then I guess I was right that the GSC is the worst sim, since the default FFB ( inverted on my wheel) was terrible and almost broken the wheel

why should people bother with Ffb sliders, right? it should work out of the box

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  13. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Still can't see why I'm an investor. Where did I say I invest on it.
    The cry baby just assumed since I'm against his ideas, I should be one of those 'horde hype investors'. Funny how people get pissed about things they don't care ;)

14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

because you like it, and you talk about it > that means you are promoting it > that means that you want it to be successfull > bececause that will make you filthy rich > ergo you must have invested in it

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  15. Improvements for physics always gives you better FFB as a result. When FFB doesn't make sense, you can propably find issues from the physics. Don't know if latter is the case with pCars but I do find some clear physics flaws as well as really bad and generic feeling FFB.

16. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Well lets say some do care, but not as much as expected and some do care to keep this A vs B wheel spinning.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'm a cry baby because I don't conform to your idea that AC is rubbish compared to pcars? Very mature argument.
    This is a forum for a game I own, nothing funny about reading other forums about other games I also own is there? You're easily amused if you think it is.
    Perhaps you'd be more at home over at the pcars forum. Remember to shave before you pucker up, Mr Bell's arse must be red raw by now.

18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

It must be very strange to find a physic flaws in pCars, because other simulators are perfect.:oops::cool:

Patrik Marek and Vítor Sousa like this.
  19. Yep. All other sims are perfect.

I just wanted to say it nicely and not to sound too harsh about the game.

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

So you think it's normal to have so many sliders (with more on the way) labelled in such a way that you need a manual to understand? And 'out of the box' ffb makes a Ford Focus feel like an 8 wheeler with no PAS and a Clio feel like a hovercraft?
    Not only that, but every single car has to be tuned in individually to feel plausible... Is that normal to you?

LeDude83 likes this.