1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Steve Jobs treated his workers badly.. well not any worse than in factories from eastern europe and eastern asia. He didn't treat them bad like in a bullying way with joy, but because of his frustrations and easy temper to get angry when things and details fail.
    We can't compare Steve Jobs to Ian Bell. First of all because Jobs was all about making innovative products, even if Apple didn't directly invent something, they took it and transformed it. Gave it a better application for everyone. Pcars is like any other (sim) racing game has ever existed, in fact all are. But of course each have its distinctive features and way of simulation details. And the important was to make people happy and special when using apple products, and other adjectives from the Jobs movie (2013). He may have yelled at his employees, but always with the focus on giving the best experience to customers. Who is going to buy a $1k apple product if Steve Jobs started to offend and insult their happy and unhappy customers. In the end is just one group, customers.
    The more Bell wants to silence people and hide their products issues, the more they will get out on the open. You hide those issues by fixing them, not banning, closing threads because that person isn't satisfied with the force feedback, or calling them idiots, trolls, and so on.

LeDude83 and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

and this is exactly the BS i'm already starting to be sick of !
    you can criticize pcars and point negative issues, if you do it in apropriate manner, nothing will every happen to you. there is no master plan to hide the faults of pcars,
    the only threats that gets closed and people banned are threads where people ignore forum rules of posting .

there is plently of threads where people criticize pcars, but they don't get emotional about it, or they don't use bad languge, etc.

have you been personally banned for criticizing pcars ?? or was it your friend that you know has manners and posts feedback/criticism in standart wady ?? then please share

if someone is trolling and gets banned, it's not problem of the criticism he was pointing out, it's the problem of his attitude , and that goes for most forums

robbo6 likes this.
  3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I think it's time to burry this whole pcars thread on this forum and just quit talking about it.
    It'll always be a flame-war between pcars supporters and ac supporters and I haven't seen any constructive and good post for the last pages.

4. plaid

plaid Alien

It would be enough to warn or ban those who feel the need to talk bad about PCars, without any intention to bring some interesting infos to the table or an unbiased opinion.

Besides there are many examples here who pee their pants whenever someone talks bad about AC, even if rightly so, cause it got clear weaknesses.

Like its sound.

Good behavior shouldn't depend on the topic.

5. kikie

kikie Simracer

Flame war between pCars and AC fans. Yep, in that case I have to start yelling at myself, contradicting myself, insulting myself and ..... well you get the point. Because I like both games a lot. :rolleyes:

I switch between pCars and AC all the time. One hour ago, I was switching between pCars and AC to see if there is any difference between both Lotus Type 49's dashboard. And there is. According youtube and real onboard footage of the Lotus 49, AC's dashboard is correct. Unless there are two different type 49 cars.

I'm glad that I'm not like some people; a huge fan of one game and feel insulted when somebody talks trash about "their" game. It's like they are part of the team that developed that game and feel insulted. Strange huh.

Luckily I'm someone who can put things in perspective. Some things are better in pCars and some things are better in AC. But all in all, these are just games and nothing to feel hyped, feel stressed about, ...... it's just a game! :D

Whitestar, Racert46 and Vítor Sousa like this.
  6. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

My theory is that it is not actually a matter of defending your favourite, more superior racing game against - to your belief - others totally inferior and crappy preference. People simply love to argue :D.

FYI; at pCars forum, the AC thread has 1356 pages of over 13 000 posts and half a million views. I can spot one or two arguments there as well.

Patrik Marek and Whitestar like this.
  7. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

you festering heap of parrot droppings

Whitestar likes this.
  8. Please tell me what to do then, because i like to support BOTH:D:D:D.
    FYI, i am a WMD member too and i have no problem admitting that the fact that FFB is still massively broken in v2.0 is getting ridiculous.

Whitestar and LeDude83 like this.
  9. unknwn

unknwn Alien

@Disposable_Hero
    Broken by what standards? Is there a particular bug (i.e. the one since 1.4 which causes clipping)?

10. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Probably we will never have "The Sim". The expectations of Racers/Gamers will never be satisfied.
    Even if a product would take only the best parts of all sims and put them togehter.

So (in my case), I have to have more than just one Soft that has todo with Cars on my disc to satisfy myself if I want the one or other aspect at the moment.

My personal satification list:
    Gaming - GTAV, pCars, GT, NFS
    Racing a Car - AC
    Racing Multiplayer - iR, RF
    Modding - AC
    Physics - BeamNG

All fine, I like them all for that what I use them for, not perfect, but nothing is.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. kikie

kikie Simracer

Peopel should do what I always do, abandon FFB. Don't use it, only to a amount that you feel a little resistance in your wheel, just like in a real car with power steering. I mean resistance coming from the friction between the tire and the road.

My T300RS has been returned after being a little over one month old. At the moment, I'm using the SRW S1, which is a non FFB (I have no problems with that) and I can still catch slides in the same matter as with my SRW S1. I don't need fake FFB coming through the wheel to tell me what the car is doing.
    Visual information is enough for me. :D

Really, it is.

Really!

:D

In pCars and in AC I use FFB a lot less than 50%. In the Thrustmaster controlpanel, I use less than 40% overall strenght and less than 50% periodic thing. Everything else is set to 0% even the centering spring thing is set to 0%. When I test the FFB in the controlpanel, there is only one FFB of all the FFB things that is working. It is the first tab in the controlpanel > FFB.

I love it that way. Much nicer way to play games and less to worry about.

EDIT:

@nonnex thanks for the BeamNG thing. I didn't know it existed. Isn't wreckfest (next car game) also using real time soft body physics?

BTW, I'm perfect! LOL

Again >>>> :D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I saw a thread that wasnt bashing but just critized and a while after it was deleted and the user banned. I agree that some post do cross the line on pCars forum and I do kinda understand that they get ****. But when users complain and they getting threadet like **** thats just wrong imo.

Saw some ****head that wished the entire SMS crowd to get cancer, that is to cross the line imo but if its legit complaining I dont see a issue that some mods or even the CEO take serious enough to ban people.

13. kikie

kikie Simracer

The company's name is still Slightly MAD Studio. Enough said!

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Would be interesting to see why they choosed that name. I havent tried the game since 2.0 patch, how is it?

15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I don't know; if nothing else this thread is highly entertaining. No idea why it only has 1,5 stars. :D

But seriously: IMO the thread is wrongly named. It should have been called "Should I buy PCars?", because it all started with someone asking if he should by PCars, and it should have ended after these words from AC Support:
    - Buy and play PCars

Maybe a new thread should be opened and called "We who play and enjoy Project Cars". At least that wouldn't leave the doors open for people to come there and bash PCars. This thread is taking care of the latter quite nicely. :)

TDS likes this.
  16. Yes, exactly. The bug introduced with 1.4 wasn't fixed with 2.0, have to turn down tire forces by a factor of ten to avoid clipping.
    According to Ian Bell, the next patch will fix this and introduce 3 FFB presets per wheel, so people don't have to tweak 37 sliders.
    Finally (*sigh*):)

SpriGgy and 1karl1 like this.
  17. kikie

kikie Simracer

I'm enjoying it but I don't have a FFB wheel at the moment. SRW S1 is all I've got.
    It seems that the FFB is broken even more in 2.0. I have no idea if it is true.

I have been trying the tech demo of BeamNG and it is a new way of gaming, that physics engine. Much, much better than pCars and Assetto Corsa physics engine. (I think because I don't know much about physics). Even better than the physics of the next car game of bugbear.

Assetto Corsa and pCars should adopt BeamNG's physics engine. At least that what I think of it.

18. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Beamng maybe does have great damage physics and such, but the tire model is crap because of it. You would need a NASA computer to run such a game which uses both beamng damage and ac like tire model.

Sent from my X5001 using Tapatalk

19. kikie

kikie Simracer

That's what I thought as well but didn't mention it. BeamNG physics with the tire model, suspension model and other AC, pCars stuff is just too much for current pc's to handle.

Is the tire model related to the damage physics? Because you said that the tire model is crap because of the damage physics.

20. TCLF

TCLF Alien

No, but because all the CPU power goes to the damage, they can't have much on the tire model, which shows

Sent from my X5001 using Tapatalk