1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The part is that someone as him shouldnt "joke" like that. Have you ever seen anyone on this forum for example acting like that? I dont think anyone have the feeling about him not being human but to act like he does as a CEO is just wrong. Some people take it too serious you say, well, if he thought before he typed anything that wouldnt be a issue.

I do like pCars and have had some fun with it, and even you patrik should see that he is acting wrong.

I understand if the people making the game laugh with the community and not lauging at the community. I might be oldschool so i dont understand this new thing.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

he does make maybe 1000x more posts that lord kunos, so but that alone some of the posts might not be cool, especially if he is under constant attack

and btw. I have said myself that " as much as I agree that person in his position should keep the distance "
    I never said it's fine to post everything he does, but that's exactly what this would result to, that he won't post anything, and personally I'd rather have his 996 posts and 4 bad ones, then only 30 good ones

it's interestening that nobody on WMD forums nobody ever had a problem with him ( other then the same trolls that are now being banned on oficial forms as well )

but all this hatered, calling him c*nt, .. I mean what do you poeple expect ?? try calling someone from Kunos that way and see what happens to you , and then you can go cry on Reiza forum about how AC forums are forbidden to any criticism

yes, I don't think that everything he ever said is 100% cool, but on the other hand I disagree with many of the complaints/hate posts that some of you are presenting here,

robbo6 and Vítor Sousa like this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's easy to criticise when you don't have to sit in front of your PC watching trolls spout what you believe are deliberate untruths (quite often) about your product.

I agree he shouldn't speak to people like that but I can appreciate how difficult it is not to reply when you really don't agree with what people are saying and feel it's damaging your business. The problem is that the pro dev baiters will be turned on by his replies and a feeding frenzy ensues... The only way round this is to never reply and almost only communicate via information releases which is a shame.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

TBH it feels like the wmd members are asslickers. At least most of them that posts ive read. I havent never called him a **** so dont put words in my mouth. If KS did something wrong im gonna call them out for it, have you forgot that one of the threads thats most popular is "is it time to be honest and critical about AC"? if a thread like that went up on SMS forum it would be closed.

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I didn't say you did, DeM69 did, but I admit that it wasn't clear from my posts. if you would read his comment though, you would know that I meant him

my criticism isn't towards you, but towards some people in this thread , I can't remember all the nicknames (and frankly most of those guys are already on my ignore list anyway)

and yes, we might be asslickers, but it's interesteing that we feel the same about some of the guys on these forums as well ;)

robbo6 and Vítor Sousa like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I didnt call you an asslicker but just mostly of the users. I have nothing against you. But I do agree that there is some people here aswell that act like some on the pCars-forum. Its far less here though.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

BTW Patrik, i dont want to see this discussion about "you who like pCars" or "you who like AC". I hope both you and me have been to old for that ****. :)

Vítor Sousa and Patrik Marek like this.
  8. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

that I can agree with, however if I'm not wrong project cars forums has much bigger user base, so percentage is probably still the same
    it doesn't help pCARS or AC to have these discussions anyhow,

I think that people who want to hate will hate no matter what.

neither pCARS or AC are perfect, and I enjoy each of them for different reason. I don't regret spending money on either. so form my pov is cool,

but I will always stand up and defend from people who are spreading lies, and I have been doing this on pCARs forums in AC thread as well
    it's totally fine if you don't like some game, and it's totally fine if you give your reasons, .. but don't hate just because you want to

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think you know how much i have tried to like like pCars and i do somehow. So im not a regular hater on the game. We was talking about how Ian is against the users and that is pretty messed up. I will keep playing pCars and not hating on it, but at the same time i wont put any more money into it and thats because how he is against people that critizise. As I said, I dont hate on pCars but mostly on Ians answers to people that arent loving it.

Both AC and pCars is good with competition

10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Maybe you are right. I've spent some time couple days ago reading their forum after people here stated how much of a [...] he is. Indeed there were some posts in which he's replies were sarcastic. But more time I was reading through various threads more of a [...] guy he seemed to me. Wrong threads and not enough time I guess.

IMO it looks like it suits him what people are thinking about him because of it people keep talking about pCars. Otherwise he would act more professional.

Can you link to that post from FB thread? I only recall Manu's answer to my question which was... well just a answer. Very short one, but not rude or anything like that. Feel free to do it in PM so at least we won't make more OT here.

11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well I don't know him enough to know what kind of person he is, but if someone takes a 1 post out of context, he can portray the person almost in what ever light he wants.

I don't go to pcars forum all that much, my focus now is pcars2 forum :) that's where the cool stuff is happening

not that much I can help on oficial forums anyhow, since I dont' drive all that much lately, and pcars doesn't support moddign so I can't be helping there - which is what I seem to be doing a lot here

12. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I've decided to give it another go tonight... deleted my profile, my everything... and began anew. I have to say, i've never felt literal disgust from a video game before. The center spring is still so strong that i literally have to try to make the car crash, or leave the tarmac. I just slap the goddamn wheel during a sharp turn and viola! moves back to perfect horizontal position in a second.

Where as in ac, pure bliss, i have to try to keep the car on road. I can feel the struggle, the slipping of car under me, aaaah soooo good. See you when you remove the center spring pcars!

13. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

I'll buy pcars the day Marco quotes my post and tells me I'm a fecking idiot.....

14. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I have no reason to think that calling the user an "idiot" was not a sarcasm as a reply to personal attack towards Bell and other BS. Why should Bell and the team listen to every "idiot" talking the same repetitive crap like "this game sucks", creating their personal threads with no usefull info whatsoever and commanding the team do this and do that? Of course people say "CEO" shouldn't joke in this way. He is already communicating much more than what you would expect from CEO. He is actually providing answers to constructive posts from the general users in a numbers that "normal" CEOs wouldn't do.

robbo6, Vítor Sousa and Patrik Marek like this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I take this approach with few saracstic/ borderline rude posts over not communicating at all

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  16. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

i'm a manager myself, attitude matters to me. it s a matter of respect i don t wish to talk about so much.
    I admire Kunos's work, I came to despise other's.

nate likes this.
  17. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Users who spill BS like that guy doesn't deserve respect. I don't think that such users even expect respect, they just come to trash the project and then use "lack of respect" to continue the attacks, basically trolling. After getting trolled back by the team, they continue their story in other forums. I prefer Kunos approach, but don't forget that Kunos has a different community. Kunos don't really run into the amounts of BS posts/threads like the pCars team.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    robbo6 likes this.
  18. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Patrik doesnt spill BS I know....we'll just never agree :)
    I just wish that pcars discussion would get away from the AC forum.
    I've followed the crap in racedepartment.

nate likes this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

20. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Have you guys checked the first thread that started all that "shut up you idiot" thing? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32999-FFB-Ready-to-give-up
    I've got to say that people on the forum are really quite helpful and friendly, such as one mod said in that thread
    I think he's really nice!
    That thread is basically people sharing their own G27 setups and their workarounds for the FFB. I find the thread informative and constructive. In the end the OP did say something bad, and the guy who was later banned (and called an idiot) wrote a long post sharing his experiences. But in my humble opinion, there is absolutely no need to close the entire thread because of that. Sometimes I even feel that the develop team has so much time lying around that they just enjoy spending loads of hours on the forum to get irritated by negative comments.

"If you are having trouble finding info by searching" as said by that mod I quote above might have some sarcasm and humor factor in it, but saying "we dislike you nintendo owners" or "shut up you idiot" is absolutely not.

I think I'm gonna unwatch this thread now...