1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kikie

kikie Simracer

I don't let all the fuss about Mr. Bell influence the fun I have with pCars. :D

when I get my wheel back

2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That reads like you grant him a blank check to insult people because he has the kindness to reply to people and that's actually a**licking. There's no "putting into perspective" of his posts. They are not even taken out of content all that badly - he just insults people that - admittedly - "insulted" pCars. That's something a pro can't do - counter criticism towards an object with criticism to persons. By doing so he even puts fuel into the fire of the community trolls - hey...if the boss is doing it, let's all go crazy!
    And @Patrik Marek: You got nerves of steel for joining pCars2...after some two years of enthusiasm about a game that once was very, very good (dat Mono around Brands Hatch...dat 1M around Oschersleben!!!) I'm still so let down by what it's now (even without the bugs) I'd have to be a masochist to put myself through that again :p

I wish I could play these builds once more where the physics and FFB felt perfect to me! I remember how I felt each nuance of the Mono, including road feel on straights and the grip state under braking.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

@LeDude83 I guess they made it too good, and world wasn't ready for that, so they introduced many bugs, broken FFB settings , made worse tire physics, just so they can later on come with patch after patch "fixing" everything

not sure what times you are reffering to, but to me personally I don't feel that it got worse. Cars that I remeber as being truly great ( Lotus 49, 300SEL amg, M3 GT3) are still great to drive, I don't see them lost anything.

4. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Its actually taken out of the context. We were provided with a relatively nice post(not knowing the story) which received "shut up you idiot" response.
    First thread started nice, users (including WMD) provided enough suggestions in a nice way. OP of the original thread in the end decided that the game feels like s**t (which ended the thread). Concstructive suggestions were provided, yet users decided that pcars is s**t, which means the thread is going nowhere hence the closing. Other threads were created just to insult/complain against the team.
    If you guys think that users creating their personal threads for the same issues are normal, then you haven't been reading the forum nor the rules of it. Its chaotic there, the amount of useless threads for the same issues are of high amounts and the rules asks not to do that, even if you do at least be nice.
    I am not saying behaviour by Bell is acceptable, but please stop spreading BS about "nice" users getting banned. They clearly have broken the forum rules, if one doesn't agree to forum rules - don't post in the first place.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  5. Personally, I have read their forums, just out of curiosity towards their product, and later about the hoopla surrounding this character known as "Mr.Bell".
    Their forum is a smorgasbord of all kinds, just like most of the open forums are.

What is the disgusting aspect of the proceedings in these particular pcars forums is that, nobody has taken a moment of pause, nor give an iota of thought to what that might create when the head of the studios does not posses the restraint to cater his flock with calm collective facts, but rather with outbursts of narcissism and insults. Since you have moderators that are mere investors, without any kind of proof of self-restraint or manners following suit, you have what is known as selfish herd theory.
    When you combine these attributes, the occational emotional disturbances and personality traits of a 5 year old, with people admiring this character Bell and his achievements, you get a pack mentality of less than desirable results.

Jebus, snyperal and LeDude83 like this.
  6. unknwn

unknwn Alien

There are at least two behaviours being discussed. The attitude of Bell and another of users braking the forum rules and then complaining about it (further stories of these guys being spread in other portals). I am addressing the second one.
    I think most have already agreed on the first one.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

And I don't get why you would do that. It's "that internet bunch" and it contains loads of idiots...the only interesting bit here is how the representative of a software studio gets dragged into this and adapts the behaviour.

8. unknwn

unknwn Alien

The reason for that is that "fake" stories are used as a support claims of "bad" Bell, there is no reason for that. People already can see inappropriate Bells behavior.

Also I don't see a reason why people keep discussing Bells behavior. You don't like it - avoid it. If I don't want to get called "idiot" in pcars forum, I don't write in a way these "nice" guys write. If you can't write in appropriate way, don't write at all. BTW I have posted plenty negative posts about pCars in that forum.

robbo6 and Patrik Marek like this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok, and who are the people here making up "fake" stories? I have a strong filter there so I ignore those stories and was talking only about Bell, all the time.
    Bold part: Erm...why wouldn't they?!? It's humans and they are interested in all sorts of things including the behaviour of others. If you don't like it, avoid it ;-)

I'm out of this thread...for the third time or so :-D

10. unknwn

unknwn Alien

The guy who got banned created a story. Stories like that then get shared (consciously or not).

I see sheep like behaviour here.
    These talks is sort of like people talking/complaining about celebrities like Bieber being successful and popular, even though they can't sing (or whatever). By talking about it you are making it even more popular.

11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Posts by game devs and CEO's get shared likewise.

He's in a responsible position taking millions of customers' £'s and should act accordingly at all times.

PhenOm likes this.
  12. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Why this is being repeated?
    You could make a better team and a better sim with attitude like that.

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Have you tried to talk with him about his attitude? Or you fear a ban too? With that I mean he only wants people around him that agree and support him blindly. Rest are all trolls and all are against pcars and himself. This hasn't been happening just since pcars1 was released, has been happening during the development since 2011, has been happening when he was working on other games. There is a strong pattern on what he does since he's been in the racing games business as a dev and then carried the same traits when in higher positions.

14. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I haven't and I have no intention to talk with him about his personal traits.
    I have provided my criticism for the game and received relatively nice answers.
    Of course he wants people who support him, thats his job. But he fails at this in some areas from the user perspective.

15. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Not everyone can be what a chris roberts was for the old origin studio, or now is for Roberts space industries!

how ever, i think its better for a CEO to cover behind professionality in any case. its better for the customers, for the marketing department and possible bussines partners todo so.

But in the end its his own decision.

And if he want to write that one of his users is an idiot, then he should make clear that this is his very personal opinion and not as the representative of his company and staff.

Patrik Marek and LeDude83 like this.
  16. kikie

kikie Simracer

A while ago, I read on the pCars forum that someone was going to report Ian Bell. :rolleyes:
    He didn't know that he was going to report Ian Bell to ...... Ian Bell. :D

17. unknwn

unknwn Alien

@kikie
    Saw that topic, hilarious.:) Bell should baned himself for a week or two for being rude.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  18. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

There are worse ceo then him, like Steve Jobs, yet tgey were praised even more,
    It's his company, he can do what ever he wants

Yes, for some people this behavior is unacceptable , so don't support his company, it's your choice

But endlessly talking about it?

Plus as unknown said, this is not discussion about his attitude, it's about those lies where "nice" people got banned because they criticized pCars

Andit should be about his game, the greatest racing sim ever made : -P

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

****storm incomming in

:D

TDS, kofotsjanne and Patrik Marek like this.
  20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

Got umbrella