1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kikie

kikie Simracer

I can't see the difference between the tire model of AC and pCars and BeamNG. I mean, really see it visually. :oops:

It seems that I still have to learn a lot about simracing.

2. TCLF

TCLF Alien

The damage how stuff will bend etc will have to be calculated before it can be shown. That is something the CPU does. It calculates what happens with the damage. It also calculates the grip for the tire model. After that the damage will be shown by the GPU and the tire doesn't flex graphically so that doesn't show.

I think...

Sent from my X5001 using Tapatalk

3. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Yeah all of this are heavy CPU dependent things.

Maybe possible in future with better consumer CPUs, or additional specialized PhysX CPUs, but currently the common PCs are too weak for having a racing game that can support super accuracy in numbers and visual Physics for all aspects in nearly realtime. Just imagine a 30+ Grid... no way.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

wouldnt it be able if there was 2 cpus, one for physics and another one for all the other things? Even if the customer base wouldnt be that huge I guess it would be possible to try it at least and many players that are more serious about sim racing would probably give it a chance.

5. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Who knows, wheres a market theres a product. Its just the question about the potential and this is not very attractive regarding invest and back flow I fear, not in the selling price ranges where games are located.

Anyway, technically it would be cool to have such for consumers too and not just for professional Simulator/Car manufacturers.

hazardic likes this.
  6. kikie

kikie Simracer

Maybe DX12 is going to help?

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats actually possible. DX12 will help with the cpu usage, right?

8. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Possible, but how much the gain will be we will only know when its out and AC hop on the train. Which will happen because of the XBOX Version.

How ever GPU is not that important for physics and I fear the load relief on a CPU by using DX12 is not that great, in the worst case the CPU load raises by using it. But, I dont want to meet trouble halfway! ;)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

AC doesn't use all of my aging I5 CPU, maybe 50%. Why do we need better or multiple ones?

Ben Lee likes this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

There is some good things when you think about it. I have seen some people that when they compare the game with forza or gran turismo they feel that its a lot more rewarding when playing it. That pCars got this huge even for consoles is probably a win for us all and will have more people getting into it.
    The pCars vs AC reminds me about the fanwar between Call of Duty and the Battlefield frenchise. Even if Idont approve with how our british fella acting its not reason to dislike people just because they like pCars.

I also want to say sorry if I have been behaving a bit bad lately in this thread and it wasnt personal meant for anyone.

11. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Funny cause they use the same 'superior' finite elements approximation of the tire as PCars, you'd think it would make the tires better :rolleyes:

TCLF likes this.
  12. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Exactly this, the more ppl are going into racing (fresh meat) the more are maybe getting addicted to cars and racing and maybe some of them are lead to AC and will be great sim-racers in the end or even start to have interest in RL racing ;).
    So lets stop this nonsense and be easy with other race games and ppl.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, thats what I mean. If you thinking logical even the ones who "only" play pCars might discover other racing games and not just AC and the more of them who does this the more competition it will be by the studios whos making this game for us so we will all win when we getting better games and features because studios trying to be better than others (which they already do but pressures about it getting higher).

Some simracers show so much love and even pay a huge amount of money for it because its their hobby more than just a game so game studios have everything to do for it to just have them as customers.

Vítor Sousa and nonnex like this.
  14. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Finally I can read some sense in this thread :)

nonnex and kofotsjanne like this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Just had a quick read at wmd forum: one member reported a broken T300 that bit the dust after heavy clipping caused by pCars, 2.0.
    So please watch out, some members speculate that it's caused by the tyre force slider actually showing only a tenth of the real value. So if you wanna test pCars 2.0 make sure to at least set that slider to something very, very low.

Good luck ;)

SpriGgy likes this.
  16. Indeed. I use 10% ATM.

17. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

not sure if this was already posted here:
    http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/Jussi
    Jussi tries to recreate OEM setups, has anyone tried them? I wanted to test the RUF but gave up alt-tabbing to copy the settings, hopefully this site will push the devs to add a setup system like kunos...

cant see the point playing this game with a wheel on default setups which are super pad oriented

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Don't get too exited. Jussi has compared RL stock setups to pCars' (and AC's) defaults for a long time. AFAIK they were at least closer to RL before the pad-tailoring was decided upon.

19. Mike Scott

Mike Scott Rookie

I tried the Ruf rgt8 and it's a really good setup. I drive with a pad, though.

yusupov and ears1991 like this.
  20. yusupov

yusupov Alien

it seems a bit ridiculous, i had to stretch a bit to post a faster time with the P1 at donington national.