1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Early Access Update 0.5

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Very Good Work Kunos!! (You're crazy... it's sunday...):D
    Maibe AI do recovery better than Ken Block... but it's OK....

2. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Special Events (on request :))

[​IMG]
    The following pack consists of 14 races for BMW E30 and BMW 1M on a startgrid of 5, 4 AI + you (reduced the number to be able to watch more carefully how AI behaves)
    Included are the following tracks:

a) Mugello
    b) Magione
    c) Vallelunga
    d) Silverstone
    e) Silverstone International
    f) Imola (1M modified from original made by Jorge Alves)
    g) Monza

I labelled these events from 86-99, so if you have events with these numbers already occupying the list, be sure to change it manually - in the ini-files and also do not forget to name the folder accordingly. If not, just put the unzipped folders into: [drive]:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\specialevents\

Remember that these events are "home-brewed" and KS do not need to see feedback on these scrips since they do not belong to their "AI-taste" release. Please respect and enjoy!

Download

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  3. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I have tried the first three and all the cars stall at the start, tried all sorts of rev levels and then changing from N to 1 or 2 ---- just salling

4. bromstarzan

Hmm, that's interesting. Have you got other modifications in the directory/ini-files? Anybody else not able to run the 86-99 events?

5. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I think it was in my wheel setup or otherwise the H shift was in gear while only using the paddels! Got to find what it was will come back on this................it was a combination of both!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  6. bromstarzan

Ok, good luck on that. The above [86-99] events are suitable for H-shifter, manual clutch and all aids "off" (I guess :D). Also, I forgot to mention; the races are all with fixed (default) setup, so no chance to tweak the car ;) (all the same). When you (CRA eSEA One) said "all cars" I thought you meant that even the AI cars were stalling at start?

7. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

Yeah I got that too. For me it was when I was trying to launch AC again. I just closed Steam with the Task Manager in order to run AC again.

8. cooknn

cooknn Alien

This one really bothers me. No adjustments should be necessary if the AI is subject to the same physics that we are. Not cool with what this suggests.

9. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

I guess it suggests we don't have the computing power of "Deep Thought" in our homes...

Bill Wiskins and cooknn like this.
  10. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

If you have the "RSR Live Timing for AC" app , delete the file, download and install the most current one. This did it for me

11. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

Thanks will try that.

Anyone any idea what the latest 4.4kb update was ?

12. Not necessarily. It could just be that the AI has been programmed with lightening quick reflexes and the perfect input of throttle, brake, counter-steer, etc. Although I must admit when smashing into an AI they don't seem to budge too much - but neither do we. It's probably the crash physics that need more work.

cooknn likes this.
  13. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

I dont know if something changed from yesterday but comparing the E30 dtm now from yesterday and i fint it amazing!. Like it is not so glued, a big smile in my face driving it, great job

14. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

In LFS the AI cars drive with the same physics as the player, so it's possible on 10 year old single core home PC's.

As Juzzy said it could just be the collision model which needs work, but hopefully the AI are using proper physics.

15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Countersteer's easy for AI and that makes them very solid, yeah. The rear end can't get out of shape cause they make microadjustments to put their front tires to best use straightening the car out. I think they toned that down a lot, cause I've seen the back end of the E30 wiggle a fair amount when an AI does a little slide onto a straight and overcorrects.

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Could someone try the drift z4 on the drift track.. I tried it and got micro stutters very bad and masses of input lag, jumped into the e30 drift... Perfect again.

Was wierd.

17. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Noticed some micro-stutters and some frame drops on Mugello with E30, got me a headache after about 20 minutes, ran the same combo yesterday, was much smoother.

18. BugA

BugA Racer

I tried Z4 @ drift track this afternoon and didn't feel anything special or better/worse.

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Interesting, cheers.

20. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I am having so much more success with v0.5.3. The slipstream seems realistic. The AI isn't invincible. The penalty is gone. That and I'm not having fatal errors constantly. Actually finished 3rd on Hard at Monza in the Formula Abarths after not finishing a race forever. I love a well supported product.

Kevin Tanton likes this.