1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Early Access Update 0.5

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Andrew Ward

Andrew Ward Gamer

Please remove penalty system from the game.... It's the only thing I hate in AC. The penalty system was one of my main reasons for turning my back on iRacing .
    Thanks

Andrew

2. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Update your game! its removed for the race's with the patch that was released yesterday, yeah that's on a sunday

3. Andrew Ward

Andrew Ward Gamer

Working away from home do not seen the update.... Has the penalty system been removed from practice sessions also?

Thanks for the heads up.

Andrew

4. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

Yes

5. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

oh working away from home sorry :)
    Get back soon to enjoy racing the AI without the penalty

6. waxweazle

waxweazle Gamer

Yes, the chase the rabbit style reminds me at the Gran Turismo so called carrier events, but with a standing start. I would also prefer that the pack would stay more together than now. Losing more than 10 seconds a lap within the identical car is really too much spreading for the same AI level.

Regarding the shown gap at the end of a lap, I initially thought that this is a bug to… but after some testing, my observations are… that this is not the actual gap between you and the car in front / behind but the amount of time that you gain or lose in the current lap in comparison to the gap of the last lap. Therefore the numbers are painted green if you come closer or red if fall behind. I really would like to see an (3-rd party) app which displays the current gap in addition to these numbers.

7. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Well I can hear now engine sounds from the AI in the BMW M3 GrA ! dayum guy's yall work hard!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  8. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I called the "AI isn't invincible" perhaps a little too soon.

Here is what I'm seeing. This is the Tatuus Formula Abarth AI race at Monza. If I brake early (or what I consider on time even) into Lesmos or Ascari I get punted from behind. If I'm perhaps following closely and they brake early (especially Lap 1 Lesmos) and I touch them; nothing negative happens to them. Their rear wheels seem to maintain constant grip as if nothing happened. If they breathe on me from behind and to the side them I'm spinning. I'm still getting punted a lot I guess is what I'm saying. I need these hand gestures (good Italian ones too) that are planned for the game pronto. The AI and I have some talking to do.

I do love the immediate support for the changes that it seems nearly everyone approves on the forum (penalty, AI tweaking). I like developing a game this way.

9. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the lap limit in the races?

10. pigsy

pigsy Racer

Is the AI speed fudged? On several occasions I've passed the AI and gain a few seconds only to find not long after the AI has caught up to me again. Please AC developers tell me that there isn't any tricky catch up code installed on the AI.

11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

[​IMG]

12. mesa

mesa Hardcore Simmer

AI is too agressive. I've tried BMW E30 DTM many times, and even their level set down to 50% they were still the same agressors. Always tried to hit my car, i felt myself like in an NFS MP game...

13. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Only this car is so aggressive. ;)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2

14. Juha Mikkola

Juha Mikkola Gamer

This! and when you press hand gesture button the driver puts both his hands like this and jiggles them about :D

15. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

It's touring car racing, so door to door action! Look at the old DTM races from the late '80s and '90s. But I agree with you that they are a bit to frantic at times.

It's pretty hectic:

I miss this so much!

16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Anyone gets more fps drops and very very small stutters, which result in a bit of a headache after 20, 30 minutes? Which i didn't noticed before the patch..

17. Not sure if it is the AI but it it feels like the slipstreaming is a touch too strong now. When you pass the AI they seem to get straight back past you on the same straight.

I also thought I saw the AI slipstreaming me when they weren't directly behind me.

This is at Monza with the Taguus.

18. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Not sure if this has been posted but in the future it would be great if you guys could refine the AI in the way that the brake lights dont go on and off for a fraction of a second ten times before a corner, make them stay on longer somehow reduce the sensitivity to wich the brake lights react because sometimes you see the brake light of the car in front going CRAZY and it barelly brakes (i think it`s just minor adjustements for the spped of the AI) try to isolate these situation when the cars softly brakes and make the brake light stay on instead of flickering like crazy should be a more imediate "fix" to the way the ai brakes because i know it`s still a work in progres and thats hard to do , it takes away from the experience because i instantly know the car in fron of me it`s just a computer driving when i see the brakes pressed 10 times in 2 seconds :).

This is just a sugestion, you can figure out better ways to resolve this but i try to help as much i can with some SIMPLE sugestions because i dont know codding and stuff :D.
    Also the AI it`s just way to agresive with bumping into me but other than this i love the chaos it creates with cars all over the track, it`s for SURE there is no more LIVELY AI than in AC.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  19. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

(bold is my emphasis)
    You are not alone!
    I also have problems winning the races against the AI. I don't need to win every race and I will be happy if I can at least challenge one or more AIs for position.
    :)

20. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

I think the AI is too italian. Who drove in Rome or any italian city know what I mean. :D