1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Early Access Update 0.5

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Before 0.5.3 i managed 3rd on the supercars, won the 500 race, came 2nd in the e30 on alien. Going to retry tomorrow.

Tbh. I didnt think the supercars one wasn't far off perfect tbh. I was lapping in 1'20 and the mclarens lapping in 1'18 if you compare that to the rsr leaderboard the aliens were doing it in 1'17. So that particular event i think was spot on. However the 500 race was far too easy with street tyres, first lap i was 2nd and end of first corner of 2nd lap i was first, came off twice and still won. The e30 race i think is maybe a tad too easy as i came 2nd only a smidge behind but id cocked up the first 2 laps.

These are on alien difficulty tho.. And i really believe these special events should be very hard to beat on alien difficulty, almost impossible for the earth types :)

2. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

Alien difficulty should be too hard the majority of drivers imo. I feel like my skill is at the top of the bell curve, and my last result was P3 on alien. I imagine I'll be able to get P1 in a few days. I'd kinda like that to take a few months.

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Agreed.

4. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Same to me here, on each combo, but not so much, just 1-2 micro-stutters.

5. plaid

plaid Alien

I had situations, where the AI made stuff that even those called aliens couldnt do. Ridicilous movements.
    Besides that they are still superior regarding raming. TCS, ABS etc. dont make your car 500-1000kg heavier.

But I dont care, humans are always superior (cause: brain) in a way you cant simulate and somehow the A"I" have to compensate, I think.

The most important thing is, that the AI is challenging and you cant abuse any weaknesses.
    Then you can think of give them the same cards as the players.

Edit: You need time to analyse it overall. In fighting games you need much time till all weaknesses and abuses and the overall balance is fully visible.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

The only weakness ive noticed is the braking way too early as if they cant trailbrake into a corner.

7. Love the new tyre model.
    The AI still don't spin out, they just snake more all over the track and then keep going.
    The AI also keep ramming me going into corners under brakes.

8. I3bullets

I3bullets Rookie

I hope I am entitled to my opinion although I still can't chime in to the general praise. While in a way I do like the game it doesn't get me hooked (yet). I fear it is an emotional thing, nothing rationally or easily put into words. I do like the graphics, the sounds, the selection of cars but stil...
    Here's an example, trying to find words for my experience: I checked out the update, had a race with the AI and was dumbfounded when the screen went black when the race ended. As I said, it's emotional. Rationally I can see why the developers do this and they will (hopefully) get rid of it in the coming updates. But to me, I like to have everything simulated and the end-of-race-phase IS a part of racing. I'd like to cool down on this last, slow lap - hey, it might as well be the appropriate time to use the keys for the gestures already built into the game - I don't want a screen going to black!
    It's little things like that (another would be the rumored lack of night times) why AC doesn't cut it for me (yet)

xtremepsionic and Timpreza like this.
  9. Well done Kunos. The ambition was to publish some AI races on the 17th
    and we got more than that and on time. That is not as usual as many
    people think :)

Found some issues that are already reported. Apart from that, having a blast !

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I can accept the screen going black and ending due to doing a special event, set parameters etc.. however if i was racing a race online then id agree with you, i want the flexability to do whatever i wanted..

11. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

I haven't tried 0.5.3 AIs yet, but I'd like to ask you lads if in you opinion there's a difference between AI behaviour whilst racing in open wheelers (Tatuus) and touring cars.

As IRL you can have few friendly punches now and then in touring car races. On the other hand in open wheelers even the slight contact might cause you a loss of an important aero part and tyre-on-tyre contact might launch you in the stratosphere. I think the game should reflect that OW drivers are therefore usually more careful and avoiding crashes more.

Reason I'm asking is that in 0.5.0 AI drivers were IMO more aggressive during Tatuus at Monza race than for instance M3 race.

12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

im not sure theres a massive difference they do seem less erratic in first corner traffic...

They dont seem to look/be aware of their blindspots vo.. but had a Ai tow me all the way down back straight at monza, then dived into the parabolica , i have yet come across a recent racer with ai that does this decent enough.. im more than happy with the AI, and it not even a final release yet..

13. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

The AI`s are far away from let`s say "perfect", but for the first shot...not to bad. I´m more a bit disapointed, about the micro-stutters, wich i get now after 0.5.3...

14. Nitro

Nitro Rookie

Re tried 0.5.3, already better.
    Up to now, we have anb incredible support and feel that what we say is heard. Priceles.

I have micro-freeze in races (several tenths of second), say once per lap, perhaps something like saving rezplay data or something like this.
    I'm ok, I'm impressed by graphics anyway on my laptop.

15. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Today when racing the Formula Abarth @ Monza approaching the first bend I had a black screen for about 2(?) seconds and everything was fine after that...
    Same thing occured @ start E30 M3 race Mugello...black screen...everything fine. My fps are 90-100 at that moment.

???

This exactly.

Cheers
    Robin

16. BugA

BugA Racer

Does anybody feel the two first cars (I'm trying FA @ Monza, alien level) are too fast in the first lap? In some races I manage to start on 4th position the second lap and the 1st and 2nd AI are like four or five seconds away (even if I don't have any fight that implies to lose much time to go to 4th position). As well, has anybody noticed that the shown gap when you finish a lap sometimes is quite unreal? For example, the car in the front is clearly a couple of seconds before you and the shown gap is under a second.

17. Erwin

Erwin Racer

Yes!

18. Roland Osza

Roland Osza Simracer

Hmm I got a new 10mb update but nothing new in the changelog since 0.5.3. Any info about this update?

19. Pela

Pela Gamer

same here...
    the changelog:

nothing here

- Removed penalty system in race special events
    - Fixed session over leaderboard
    - Fixed session result post session
    - Added more slipstream
    - AI acts less superhuman after collisions
    - Replay memory limit slider increased to 500mb
    - Added missing skins for BMW M3 grA
    - Modifications on collisions boxes of very low cars.

20. BugA

BugA Racer

Probably some small adjustments that don't supose a big change.